Proposal: Winnipeg/Detriot

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Only people who think that are those ignorant on Detroit's prospects. Ras and Hronek are going to be studs in the NHL soon.
I really don’t see it with Rasmussen though he could prove me wrong. Hronek gonna be a good 2nd pair d imo.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Doesn't matter about Bryan Little any ways he has a NMC and no way he's going to waive it for Detroit. And with Z and Larkin and Nielsen we don't need Little.
They have Z? Is that looking 100% true at this point? Will he be back the year after? For a million bucks? I wouldn’t hold your breath.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
I hate to keep comparing him to Vilardi because it’s become solid comedy at this point, but people act like they’re leagues apart when they just had pretty similar seasons.
Rasmussen needs to prove he’s not JVR Light as a pro. I think the back half of his season and playoffs were encouraging. The Wings overvalued him at the draft and one year later it still looks that way. But he’s 19 and 6’6, his coordination should still be improving as well as the rest of his game. I’m not writing him off.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Rasmussen needs to prove he’s not JVR Light as a pro. I think the back half of his season and playoffs were encouraging. The Wings overvalued him at the draft and one year later it still looks that way. But he’s 19 and 6’6, his coordination should still be improving as well as the rest of his game. I’m not writing him off.

And you need to provide evidence that he still appears overvalued. Because nobody in the discussion as a potential top 10 selection, drafted behind Rasmussen, had a markedly better D+1 season than Rasmussen. The only "argument" you will make will boil down to your personal preference, and that just isn't going to hold any water.

As for this trade, it's really just scatterbrained and doesn't do a good job of considering a number of variables that would lead to a deal getting done. State of the teams, the salary cap, the contract clauses, the feasibility of a trade of this magnitude.

Detroit would love to get Trouba, and Dekeyser is expendable, but flipping a 19 year old center prospect that projects to be a middle 6 center/winger, with an outside chance of a role as a top 6 winger, for a 30 year old center, signed for 6 more years at a high AAV (and would be competing for a 3rd line center role with high AAV, veteran Nielsen) makes no sense. Swapping Hronek for Stanley makes no sense based on their progression. Hronek's D+1 outright embarrassed Stanley's D+1 by a large margin; in his D+2, Hronek moved up and looked more than promising in the AHL while Stanley couldn't meet the performance level of Hronek's D+1.

As a team that needs all the help for the future as possible, I would imagine the Wings take the future middle 6 forward and the better NHL defense prospect over the costly veteran middle 6 forward and the lesser NHL defense, despite the upgrade from DK to Trouba. When Trouba hits UFA status, Detroit will have a lot of money to play with, and hopefully they make it work in that fashion instead of having to trade down value (value to Detroit) at other positions..

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
And you need to provide evidence that he still appears overvalued. Because nobody in the discussion as a potential top 10 selection, drafted behind Rasmussen, had a markedly better D+1 season than Rasmussen. The only "argument" you will make will boil down to your personal preference, and that just isn't going to hold any water.

As for this trade, it's really just scatterbrained and doesn't do a good job of considering a number of variables that would lead to a deal getting done. State of the teams, the salary cap, the contract clauses, the feasibility of a trade of this magnitude.

Detroit would love to get Trouba, and Dekeyser is expendable, but flipping a 19 year old center prospect that projects to be a middle 6 center/winger, with an outside chance of a role as a top 6 winger, for a 30 year old center, signed for 6 more years at a high AAV (and would be competing for a 3rd line center role with high AAV, veteran Nielsen) makes no sense. Swapping Hronek for Stanley makes no sense based on their progression. Hronek's D+1 outright embarrassed Stanley's D+1 by a large margin; in his D+2, Hronek moved up and looked more than promising in the AHL while Stanley couldn't meet the performance level of Hronek's D+1.

As a team that needs all the help for the future as possible, I would imagine the Wings take the future middle 6 forward and the better NHL defense prospect over the costly veteran middle 6 forward and the lesser NHL defense, despite the upgrade from DK to Trouba. When Trouba hits UFA status, Detroit will have a lot of money to play with, and hopefully they make it work in that fashion instead of having to trade down value (value to Detroit) at other positions..
You put Rass #1 on this list?

Tippett
Vilardi
Necas
Suzuki
Brannstrom
Chytil
Valimaki
Thomas
Tolvanen

I don’t think the Wings should make this trade for where the organization is at the moment. The cupboards are pretty bare at this point. I don’t think the Wings have a position of strength to trade from so they are just digging one hole to fill another. At some point they have to fill the top pair D roles. Maybe they lucked out with some of these 2nd rounders from the past couple years but they have a long way to go.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
You put Rass #1 on this list?

Tippett
Vilardi
Necas
Suzuki
Brannstrom
Chytil
Valimaki
Thomas
Tolvanen

I don’t think the Wings should make this trade for where the organization is at the moment. The cupboards are pretty bare at this point. I don’t think the Wings have a position of strength to trade from so they are just digging one hole to fill another. At some point they have to fill the top pair D roles. Maybe they lucked out with some of these 2nd rounders from the past couple years but they have a long way to go.

I see you ignored the point where I mentioned only people that were in the conversation as top 10 picks. DeBrincat looks great from the 2016 draft, but just because he has exceeded expectations doesn't mean he was ever in the discussion to go top 10. Surprises happen. That's why re-drafts are so GD pointless.

Whether I have Rasmussen above Vilardi and Necas, or below them, or in between, or at the bottom of your list, none of it matters. That's my point, opinions that you and I share, or don't share, mean literally absolutely nothing. It's just personal preference.

In attempt to not derail this thread, if you want to discuss this, take it to Rasmussen's prospect thread. There are plenty of people who would love to talk about why Ras is an inferior prospect compared to all the other names from the 2017 draft.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
I see you ignored the point where I mentioned only people that were in the conversation as top 10 picks. DeBrincat looks great from the 2016 draft, but just because he has exceeded expectations doesn't mean he was ever in the discussion to go top 10. Surprises happen. That's why re-drafts are so GD pointless.

Whether I have Rasmussen above Vilardi and Necas, or below them, or in between, or at the bottom of your list, none of it matters. That's my point, opinions that you and I share, or don't share, mean literally absolutely nothing. It's just personal preference.

In attempt to not derail this thread, if you want to discuss this, take it to Rasmussen's prospect thread. There are plenty of people who would love to talk about why Ras is an inferior prospect compared to all the other names from the 2017 draft.
You are replying to my point which was Rass was overvalued at the draft by the Wings and it still appears that way now. If you want to talk about something else why are your replying to me if you don’t disagree? If you would like to actually read my posts you will also see that I’m not calling him trash and I think there isn’t potential to be a good player. I’m not sure what your point is here.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
God I hope you're trolling.
agreed, Trouba is 2 years away from free agency, Zadina is on a cos controlled ELC and is 7 years from free agency. Trouba while good has nowhere near this value,

this proposal is insane

detroit would be well served to wait two years and sign him then

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I really don’t see it with Rasmussen though he could prove me wrong. Hronek gonna be a good 2nd pair d imo.

I'm the opposite, watching him play games (even games against pro NHLers during preseason) made me much more confident in his ceiling. He's not just a big tower playing against small children, I've seen him perform against real NHLers fighting for jobs, and stars that were only trying to shake the rust off, he still matched up against those men -- and was often the best player on the ice. You'll see. I am confident he'll have an NHL job this season and will prove nay-sayers wrong.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I'm the opposite, watching him play games (even games against pro NHLers during preseason) made me much more confident in his ceiling. He's not just a big tower playing against small children, I've seen him perform against real NHLers fighting for jobs, and stars that were only trying to shake the rust off, he still matched up against those men -- and was often the best player on the ice. You'll see. I am confident he'll have an NHL job this season and will prove nay-sayers wrong.
I definitely think he can make the NHL this year but I see his ceiling as a middle 6er. Like a Nick Bjugstad.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Please stop posting.
unfortunately jets fans are in denial about Troubas situation , he has a destination in mind that isnt winnipeg and no one is going to pay what they want for him because hes made his intentions clear. their best bet is to let him make his own deal and then let the 2 teams negotiate a trade

Reactions: biotk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad