Proposal: Winnipeg - Colorado

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
And you're clearly unable to provide any of the context you claim makes Roslovic equivalent to Jost. But, sure, blame me if that makes you feel better.
Lol I already proved it but somehow playing 30 extra games and scoring 10 more points automatically makes someone better.

Maybe one day you’ll learn to think the game at a deeper level.

Ramland 07

Apr 10, 2019
I'd at least think that such a promising youngster could at least beat out Tanev or Copp or Perrault or Lowry for ES ice time. Either he's being heavily sheltered for some reason, or he's just not good enough. Which one is it?
Our third line of tanev Copp and Lowry is one of the best shutdown lines in the entire league and should not be broken up either, so our only spot for Rosolvic is the 4th line which Maurice utilizes very poorly due to playing scheifele and wheeler 22 minutes a night. It is on the coaching staff not the player for his lack of ice time!!

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I'd at least think that such a promising youngster could at least beat out Tanev or Copp or Perrault or Lowry for ES ice time. Either he's being heavily sheltered for some reason, or he's just not good enough. Which one is it?

This is more an indictment of Maurice's coaching than anything else. He loaded up the top 6 with minutes, far beyond what was wise. Copp, Lowry and Tanev was our checking line that got matchups, so they played a lot too. The bottom 3 just sat and were all much better than their minutes suggest. Ehlers and Laine both got doghoused with sub-10 min games, Rosie got it more than anyone for no good reason.

Ramland 07

Apr 10, 2019
My thinking for this trade is that Winnipeg needs a number 2 center and have wasted a lot of resources to obtain one. Jost has struggled in his career early on and so has roslovic. I think they could both use a change of scenary and that Rosolvic on a line with MacKinnon could be lethal. Jost centering ehlers and laine could help jumpstart him as well.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Lol I already proved it but somehow playing 30 extra games and scoring 10 more points automatically makes someone better.

Maybe one day you’ll learn to think the game at a deeper level.

Freshman years of college, Roslovic had 26 points in 36 games. Jost had 35 points in 33 games in his freshman year.

We can ignore last year, since you apparently think not earning NHL ice time and playing in the AHL somehow deserves extra credit...

This season, Jost played 7 fewer games, scored 2 more points, and earned more ice time despite being 15 months younger. Just because your guy couldn't beat out the rest of your bottom 6ers for ES ice time doesn't justify giving him extra credit.

EDIT - and Roslovic's most common ES linemates with Little/Laine. Jost played mostly with Kerfoot and Colin Wilson.

Last edited:

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Freshman years of college, Roslovic had 26 points in 36 games. Jost had 35 points in 33 games in his freshman year.

We can ignore last year, since you apparently think not earning NHL ice time and playing in the AHL somehow deserves extra credit...

This season, Jost played 7 fewer games, scored 2 more points, and earned more ice time despite being 15 months younger. Just because your guy couldn't beat out the rest of your bottom 6ers for ES ice time doesn't justify giving him extra credit.

delete

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Neutral fan here, I take Roslovic by a hair, because he is a center. These are both good young players with top 6 potential. Why does either team make this trade.?

Reactions: Eyeseeing

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Neutral fan here, I take Roslovic by a hair, because he is a center. These are both good young players with top 6 potential. Why does either team make this trade.?

Jost is officially listed as a C, even though he's played mostly wing over the last two years (19 and 20 year old seasons). With Soderberg now gone, he'll probably be one of the guys who gets looked at to be a C (2nd or 3rd line) coming out of camp.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
I think you're confusing different years. Roslovic played 77 games this season and had 24 points. Jost outscored him while playing fewer games. Yes, Jost got about 3 minutes more per game, but Roslovic getting less than 10 minutes per game is more of a red flag than a way to pump up his value.
Ehlers, Wheeler, Laine and Connor. Which one of those guys do you think Jost would have knocked out of the top 6? Also our 3rd of Copp, Lowry and Tanev was used as a shutdown possession line and dominated in their role.

Winnipeg has a lot of really talented forwards already and our coach doesn't give rookies ice time.

Reactions: snowkiddin

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
My thinking for this trade is that Winnipeg needs a number 2 center and have wasted a lot of resources to obtain one. Jost has struggled in his career early on and so has roslovic. I think they could both use a change of scenary and that Rosolvic on a line with MacKinnon could be lethal. Jost centering ehlers and laine could help jumpstart him as well.

A lot of guys could be a lot better with MacKinnon. A lot of guys that are already on the Avs roster could be a lot better.

There's no reason to do this.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Point totals don't speak much for two struggling guys. Jost is much better off the puck and his offense is going to come. Much better for our system and close with all the other guys. Culture is just as important in a franchise and roslovic doesn't fit. Jost > roslovic in terms of upside aswell.
So, Roslovic is struggling, doesn't have upside and is bad for a locker room? That's what you learned about a Jets rookie by watching Avs games? They must have a heck of a broadcast team to make you such an expert.

Maybe Jost is exactly what you describe, but I know about as much about him as you seem to know about Rosy, which appears to be his name and not one other thing.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011

EDIT - and Roslovic's most common ES linemates with Little/Laine. Jost played mostly with Kerfoot and Colin Wilson.
Yeah but your top 6 has 3 top 6 players. Jost plays in your top 6 because someone has to. He didn't earn anything, he's there by default.

I said it an hour ago and I'll say it again. Wheeler, Ehlers, Connor and Laine.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
So, Roslovic is struggling, doesn't have upside and is bad for a locker room? That's what you learned about a Jets rookie by watching Avs games? They must have a heck of a broadcast team to make you such an expert.

Maybe Jost is exactly what you describe, but I know about as much about him as you seem to know about Rosy, which appears to be his name and not one other thing.

I didn't say any of that stuff about roslovic. Congrats you jump to conclusions quicker than my wife. I simply said Jost is our guy and the locker rooms guy. Trading him for someone else who's having similar struggles but doesn't know the team or the system is a bad idea. And I still stand by Jost having more offensive upside than roslovic. Hope that's a little more clear for ya.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014

I didn't say any of that stuff about roslovic. Congrats you jump to conclusions quicker than my wife. I simply said Jost is our guy and the locker rooms guy. Trading him for someone else who's having similar struggles but doesn't know the team or the system is a bad idea. And I still stand by Jost having more offensive upside than roslovic. Hope that's a little more clear for ya.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Ehlers, Wheeler, Laine and Connor. Which one of those guys do you think Jost would have knocked out of the top 6? Also our 3rd of Copp, Lowry and Tanev was used as a shutdown possession line and dominated in their role.

Winnipeg has a lot of really talented forwards already and our coach doesn't give rookies ice time.

This year, as a 20 year old kid, probably zero of them. But Roslovic is 15 months older and turned 22 in January, and still can't crack the roster, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.

Jost outscored him in college, and had 129 NHL games and 43 NHL points by the time he was the same age Roslovic was when he scored his first NHL point. And this year, despite Jost's most common ES linemates being Kerfoot and Wilson (as opposed to Laine and Little for Roslovic), Jost outscored him this season despite playing 7 fewer games and being 15 months younger. If the only case for Roslovic over Jost is that "Winnipeg has better depth, so Roslovic can't earn ice time", and not anything Roslovic has actually done on NHL ice, I'm not sure how you expect to convince anyone who doesn't already agree with you.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Yeah but your top 6 has 3 top 6 players. Jost plays in your top 6 because someone has to. He didn't earn anything, he's there by default.

I said it an hour ago and I'll say it again. Wheeler, Ehlers, Connor and Laine.

Jost played 13 minutes per game (AKA not top 6 minutes) this season, with his top ES linemates being Colin Wilson and Alexander Kerfoot (aka not legit top 6 players). Roslovic's most common ES linemates were Little and Laine. Jost still scored more, in fewer games, with worse linemates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad