Proposal: Winnipeg - Colorado

Ramland 07

Apr 10, 2019
I was thinkin something along the lines of Roslovic for Jost straight up. Roslovic is rumored to want out of Winnipeg and could use a change of scenary. Not sure what Jost's trade value is but I'd imagined their similar. Thoughts???

Ramland 07

Apr 10, 2019
Jost is 15 months younger and has outperformed Roslovic to this point in their careers. There's almost no reason for the Avs to trade the better, younger player to a division rival.
Jost had 26 points in 70 games while Rosolvic had 14 points in 31 games while playing 9 minutes a game. Wouldn't say jost has outperformed him as jost has been playing in Colorado's top 9 for the majority of his career.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
Jost had 26 points in 70 games while Rosolvic had 14 points in 31 games while playing 9 minutes a game. Wouldn't say jost has outperformed him as jost has been playing in Colorado's top 9 for the majority of his career.

Jost only recently has been in the top 9. He played a lot of last season on the 4th line.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
I don't think the Avs would do this as they seem to still have a lot of faith in Jost. I think Roslovic is the better player, so this Avs fan would do it. I've seen both players quite a bit since Roslovic played at Miami. The value is pretty close either way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paranoid Android

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver

Last year Roslovic had 24 points in 77 games. The TOI was far less for Roslovic last year, so you're right about that.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Jost is 15 months younger and has outperformed Roslovic to this point in their careers. There's almost no reason for the Avs to trade the better, younger player to a division rival.
He has?

Roslovic:
AHL 83 points in 97 games
NHL 38 points in 108 games

Jost:
AHL 7 points in 13 games
NHL 48 points in 135 games

Pretty close, not sure what kind of ice time Jost was getting but most of Roslovics would be 3rd/4th line with one small stretch in top 6. Neither are great possession players but a slight edge to Roslovic in that category as well. Pretty hard to see how Jost is definitively better.

Anyway, fair enough if you want to stick with your guy but they are very equal players at this point in their careers.

Reactions: heilongjetsfan

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado

I think you're confusing different years. Roslovic played 77 games this season and had 24 points. Jost outscored him while playing fewer games. Yes, Jost got about 3 minutes more per game, but Roslovic getting less than 10 minutes per game is more of a red flag than a way to pump up his value.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I think you're confusing different years. Roslovic played 77 games this season and had 24 points. Jost outscored him while playing fewer games. Yes, Jost got about 3 minutes more per game, but Roslovic getting less than 10 minutes per game is more of a red flag than a way to pump up his value.
Not really, our forward group was a lot deeper than yours ever has been (no offense, you guys have great top end but depth wise not close. Jost would have been playing in the same spot Roslo was).

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
He has?

Roslovic:
AHL 83 points in 97 games
NHL 38 points in 108 games

Jost:
AHL 7 points in 13 games
NHL 48 points in 135 games

Pretty close, not sure what kind of ice time Jost was getting but most of Roslovics would be 3rd/4th line with one small stretch in top 6. Neither are great possession players but a slight edge to Roslovic in that category as well. Pretty hard to see how Jost is definitively better.

Anyway, fair enough if you want to stick with your guy but they are very equal players at this point in their careers.

Is 38 > 48 in your part of the world? Or do you want your guy to get extra credit because he was still in the AHL last year when Jost was in the NHL, despite being 15 months younger?

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Ahhh, okay. We're just going to ignore all context then. No point in arguing with someone like that.

Cheers.

What context exactly do you think makes Roslovic deserve extra credit over what he actually did in the NHL? Is it that he was the only Jets player last year to appear in more than 40 games and average less than 10 minute per game? Or is it the only earning 31 NHL games last year, when he was older than Jost is now?

Reactions: Weiss1604

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Point totals don't speak much for two struggling guys. Jost is much better off the puck and his offense is going to come. Much better for our system and close with all the other guys. Culture is just as important in a franchise and roslovic doesn't fit. Jost > roslovic in terms of upside aswell.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
What context exactly do you think makes Roslovic deserve extra credit over what he actually did in the NHL? Is it that he was the only Jets player last year to appear in more than 40 games and average less than 10 minute per game? Or is it the only earning 31 NHL games last year, when he was older than Jost is now?
Jost would prob be in the AHL still if he was a Jets player tbh.

Ramland 07

Apr 10, 2019
Is Roslovic supposed to beat out laine scheifele ehlers connor wheeler and little? It's a lot harder to get playing time in Winnipeg than in Colorado? I think if Rosolvic had more chances for playing time it wouldn't be a totally different story.

Reactions: Snowman

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Is Roslovic supposed to beat out laine scheifele ehlers connor wheeler and little? It's a lot harder to get playing time in Winnipeg than in Colorado? I think if Rosolvic had more chances for playing time it wouldn't be a totally different story.

I'd at least think that such a promising youngster could at least beat out Tanev or Copp or Perrault or Lowry for ES ice time. Either he's being heavily sheltered for some reason, or he's just not good enough. Which one is it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad