Proposal: Winnipeg - Colorado

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Well, good old Rosy did get first star of the week in the NHL. He definitely has talent. I was hoping for more last year but it’s too early to give up on him.

I am hopeful that he eventually earns the 2C.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Jost still scored more, in fewer games, with worse linemates.

Well, Jost actually scored less points per TOI than Roslovic. Cute that you would say “more points, less games”. You should be a street magician.

And whi the heck slices up 20ish points a season by both players and makes these grand proclamations that one is better than the other at this stage?!

LOL, trade forums.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
This year, as a 20 year old kid, probably zero of them. But Roslovic is 15 months older and turned 22 in January, and still can't crack the roster, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.

Jost outscored him in college, and had 129 NHL games and 43 NHL points by the time he was the same age Roslovic was when he scored his first NHL point. And this year, despite Jost's most common ES linemates being Kerfoot and Wilson (as opposed to Laine and Little for Roslovic), Jost outscored him this season despite playing 7 fewer games and being 15 months younger. If the only case for Roslovic over Jost is that "Winnipeg has better depth, so Roslovic can't earn ice time", and not anything Roslovic has actually done on NHL ice, I'm not sure how you expect to convince anyone who doesn't already agree with you.
Nobody's saying Roslo>Jost. Some people are saying Jost>Roslo and the reasoning they're using fails to take into account that there are 4 superstar wingers that he has to outplay to earn top 6 minutes.

Reactions: Snowman

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Ehlers, Wheeler, Laine and Connor. Which one of those guys do you think Jost would have knocked out of the top 6? Also our 3rd of Copp, Lowry and Tanev was used as a shutdown possession line and dominated in their role.

Winnipeg has a lot of really talented forwards already and our coach doesn't give rookies ice time.
I'm probably dense, but that's only four players. If I'm not missing something, that leaves two spots open in the top 6.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
If Laine hadn't had his generational goal scoring drought last season we'd be talking about Roslovic a lot differently. He was gifting Laine chances left and right and Laine just couldn't finish.

Byzantium

Jun 17, 2017
If Laine hadn't had his generational goal scoring drought last season we'd be talking about Roslovic a lot differently. He was gifting Laine chances left and right and Laine just couldn't finish.
Did you just unironically say "generational goal scoring drought"?

Reactions: heilongjetsfan

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Nobody's saying Roslo>Jost. Some people are saying Jost>Roslo and the reasoning they're using fails to take into account that there are 4 superstar wingers that he has to outplay to earn top 6 minutes.

I'm the one saying that Jost > Roslo. He was better in college at the same age. He has the better NHL career between the two of them, despite being 15 months younger. The only argument in Roslovic's defense seems to be "he's not better than what we already have, so he can't earn opportunities, but trust us, he'd be better if he could just get the chance." If he were better, he'd be getting more chances, unless your coach is a complete idiot.

And, for the record, Jost didn't play top 6 minute either, unless you think 13 minutes a night, mostly with Kerfoot and Wilson at ES, somehow qualifies as top 6 minutes.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
This year, as a 20 year old kid, probably zero of them. But Roslovic is 15 months older and turned 22 in January, and still can't crack the roster, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.

Jost outscored him in college, and had 129 NHL games and 43 NHL points by the time he was the same age Roslovic was when he scored his first NHL point. And this year, despite Jost's most common ES linemates being Kerfoot and Wilson (as opposed to Laine and Little for Roslovic), Jost outscored him this season despite playing 7 fewer games and being 15 months younger. If the only case for Roslovic over Jost is that "Winnipeg has better depth, so Roslovic can't earn ice time", and not anything Roslovic has actually done on NHL ice, I'm not sure how you expect to convince anyone who doesn't already agree with you.

Roslovic did not play much with Laine and Little, it was mainly Perreault and chaps like Appleton and Lemieux, IIRC.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I'm the one saying that Jost > Roslo. He was better in college at the same age. He has the better NHL career between the two of them, despite being 15 months younger. The only argument in Roslovic's defense seems to be "he's not better than what we already have, so he can't earn opportunities, but trust us, he'd be better if he could just get the chance." If he were better, he'd be getting more chances, unless your coach is a complete idiot.

And, for the record, Jost didn't play top 6 minute either, unless you think 13 minutes a night, mostly with Kerfoot and Wilson at ES, somehow qualifies as top 6 minutes.

Well, he is.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011

I think 13 minutes a night is a heck of a lot more than 9 minutes. Most Jets fans would probably agree that Maurice is in fact a complete idiot when it comes to his distribution of ice time.

He is better and his chances improved by the end of the year, but he got set with Laine in the middle of a horrific meltdown. Consider that Laine scored 11 goals all year outside of November.

I can't say anything about Jost because I don't watch him. If I did, you'd probably catch me. I don't think you watch Roslovic.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
I didn't say any of that stuff about roslovic. Congrats you jump to conclusions quicker than my wife. I simply said Jost is our guy and the locker rooms guy. Trading him for someone else who's having similar struggles but doesn't know the team or the system is a bad idea. And I still stand by Jost having more offensive upside than roslovic. Hope that's a little more clear for ya.
So "having struggles" != "struggling" #?

Rosy is playing fine. He's doing much better that his qot or his toi would indicate.

Jost might be "having struggles," (your words, not mine) but I wouldn't know. I don't watch the Avs. Rosy isn't, though.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
So "having struggles" != "struggling" #?

Rosy is playing fine. He's doing much better that his qot or his toi would indicate.

Jost might be "having struggles," (your words, not mine) but I wouldn't know. I don't watch the Avs. Rosy isn't, though.

Okay

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
No interest in this deal. Similar careers to this point, but Jost's has had the highest peak so far with his performance in this years playoffs. I'd say the odds of who becomes better are still a coin flip, but there's no reason for the Avs to trade Jost at the moment.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
I think 13 minutes a night is a heck of a lot more than 9 minutes. Most Jets fans would probably agree that Maurice is in fact a complete idiot when it comes to his distribution of ice time.

He is better and his chances improved by the end of the year, but he got set with Laine in the middle of a horrific meltdown. Consider that Laine scored 11 goals all year outside of November.

I can't say anything about Jost because I don't watch him. If I did, you'd probably catch me. I don't think you watch Roslovic.

13 minutes a night is a lot more than 9 minutes. Still isn't 2nd line minutes, which makes the claims that Roslovic doesn't play 2nd line minutes meaningless. They both play bottom 6 minutes and Jost has been more productive at a younger age.

I'm not saying that Roslovic doesn't still have potential or couldn't show more in the future, just that Jost has been more productive at every stage of his career to this point. And, there's no reason to give a division rival the better player in a trade.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
Both fanbases are being prideful. Similar assets and both teams likely stick with their man. If we're splitting hairs, Jost has the age advantage. Roslovic likely has a slightly higher ceiling and lower floor. I don't know why these threads always have to devolve into a pointless pissing match.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad