GDT: Winners vs Hawks (losers)

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I can't believe some of you are calling Bickell a HW :laugh:. This isn't Stu Bickel we're talking about, Bryan Bickell is a guy who rarely fights and he got beaten by Jamie McGinn (who's a decent MW) a year ago. O'Brien would've made a short work out of him if he managed to get close not to mention guys like Cody or Patrick who would've probably bash his face in.

All in all a good decision by Landy to decline the fight.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Tbh I don't like Landy declining the fight. Well that's not the problem I have actually. I like how he was abusing Keith but I don't like how he just shied away when Bickell came until more of our players got in and then he started throwing punches.

If Landy wants to be like Mike Richards then he has to be a bit of a badass. Richards would shove Keith and then he'd get in Bickell's face, throw a sucker punch if need be. Maybe it was the wise thing to do but I don't want our captain to be taking **** from anyone.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Tbh I don't like Landy declining the fight. Well that's not the problem I have actually. I like how he was abusing Keith but I don't like how he just shied away when Bickell came until more of our players got in and then he started throwing punches.

If Landy wants to be like Mike Richards then he has to be a bit of a badass. Richards would shove Keith and then he'd get in Bickell's face, throw a sucker punch if need be. Maybe it was the wise thing to do but I don't want our captain to be taking **** from anyone.

I mean normally sure. Not a couple weeks after returning from a concussion though.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London

What's the point in fighting is my question. If this was earlier in the game sure. However at that point the game was pretty much over and Bickel was being an idiot. Why should Landeskog risk a concussion when the game was over and that fight would have been worthless. If Bickel wants to fight someone he should go after Bordeleau. Screw Bickel and the Hawks for those cheap shots at the end of the game. And screw who ever came in during that scrum that knocked off Lando's helmet with a cheap shot.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He has 22 hits in 11 games... I got them off of ESPN which gets them from the NHL stat sheets. Go look it up...

Less than two hits per game, nothing even close to what he did last season. They don't count it when you just push someone down... I clearly said he was battling, but hes not laying hard checks on people.

I know you got them from somewhere else, I'm telling you that isn't accurate. You said it told you he had no hits against the Hawks last night, and I'm telling you that's impossible because I remember like eight of them. They just weren't big Brad Stuart hits.

I think we need to wait for his skating legs to get back under him, before we can judge whether he's not hitting like he used to. He gets on guys quickly, that's why he's an effective hitter, but he doesn't quite have the acceleration and top speed he had before.

Holyhell

'Crumblers'
Apr 12, 2007
After a big win against a team that seemed unbeatable we're talking about Landeskog not fighting? Wasn't that when Colorado had the lead? Maybe if it was Toews like it seemed they might before. Why would you want your captain sitting in the box for 5min and taking Bickell with him? There aren't many worse trade offs.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I don't see why people are worried about Landeskog. Did anyone notice him going to flying down the ice with 5 seconds left racing for the puck? I was like, "what the **** are you doing." But that's just his relentless, win no matter what attitude. He also had a couple solid hits today. He is just not getting his in close chances like he was last season. I'm sure these will come if the team keeps flying like they were.

Ha, this made me lol. I was thinking the same thing- What are you doing?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I can't believe some of you are calling Bickell a HW :laugh:. This isn't Stu Bickel we're talking about, Bryan Bickell is a guy who rarely fights and he got beaten by Jamie McGinn (who's a decent MW) a year ago. O'Brien would've made a short work out of him if he managed to get close not to mention guys like Cody or Patrick who would've probably bash his face in.

All in all a good decision by Landy to decline the fight.

Bryan Bickel is 6'4" 233 lbs. That's a heavyweight. He may not be a good fighter for his weight, but he's a heavyweight, and there's no reason Landy needs to be fighting him coming off a concussion in a 6-2 game.

If he hadn't had that concussion, I could almost guarantee you he would have dropped the gloves with him.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=4509

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Slightly bigger sample now.

In the 12 games with EJ, shots for/shots against are: 30.8-29.4
In the 11 games without EJ, shots for/shots against are: 27-34.9

Rhaego

May 18, 2011
I can't pick a player who didn't have a good game. EJ, Stastny, Duchene, O'Reilly, PAP. All of em were fantastic. We play like this (highly unlikely, but who care) we'll be a force.

marioni

Apr 3, 2011
What a game! That 2nd period, just relentless play, shift after shift. Wow..

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
When I saw O' Reilly in a few tiny scrums last night it made me wonder how many players will chirp him about his contract.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
Matt Duchene :bow::bow::bow:

Looking forward to being in the same division as Chicago. Games against them are always entertaining.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Slightly bigger sample now.

In the 12 games with EJ, shots for/shots against are: 30.8-29.4
In the 11 games without EJ, shots for/shots against are: 27-34.9

Two other ways of looking at the same numbers:

Shot differential with EJ +1.4
Shot differential without EJ -7.9
Total swing: -9.3

Shots for +3.8/game with EJ
Shots against -5.5/game without EJ

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Cheered him when he came out as 2nd or 3rd star. Can't remember which.

I assumed them naming him 3rd star was an attempt to get the crowd on his side, considering Stastny had 1 G 2 A and didn't get a star.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
For those who still worry about Landeskog, his advanced stats continue to be freakishly good. He is on ice for 0.4 Goals Against/60 minutes (2nd best in the league). He has 39% offensive zone starts and 52% offensive zone finishes. Basically whenever he is on the ice his line dominates opponents.

If this is him having a rough start, I can't wait for him to get going.

jaems

Apr 16, 2006
BE8SQ8BCUAUuspt.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad