Post-Game Talk: Wings win in Florida.... I guess that is what we just watched, I will take it.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Rather keep him. You don't get players like him too often. You have a 6'5 goal scorer that has an IQ, great passing and can skate.

Sounds like something Ken Holland would say :laugh:

Seems like the only guys "touchable" are the slumping redundant and aging players. Nyquist and Tatar just aren't worth much. Wings need to make a trade, but not for the sake of trading. They need to trade a good valuable player to get a good valuable player in return. The days of "fleecing" are rare and becoming a thing of the past.

I'd trade both Mantha and Larkin if it returns a top young defenseman. Elite dman are much harder to acquire.

Nobody should be untouchable on this roster, unless one of them are going to be the next Lidstrom or Datsyuk or some generational talent.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Sure you could, all depends on the team and the needs.

When I say "top young defensemen" I mean guys like Ekblad, Jones, Werenski, and Ristolainen.

You're not getting any of those guys for Larkin and Mantha. And those are the only players I'd even consider trading for. I'm not sure I'd want Ekblad with that contract, though.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015

Seems like the only guys "touchable" are the slumping redundant and aging players. Nyquist and Tatar just aren't worth much. Wings need to make a trade, but not for the sake of trading. They need to trade a good valuable player to get a good valuable player in return. The days of "fleecing" are rare and becoming a thing of the past.

I'd trade both Mantha and Larkin if it returns a top young defenseman. Elite dman are much harder to acquire.

Nobody should be untouchable on this roster, unless one of them are going to be the next Lidstrom or Datsyuk or some generational talent.

You do realize we have issues scoring too right? Anthony Mantha is a potential 35-40 goal scoring winger.

When I say "top young defensemen" I mean guys like Ekblad, Jones, Werenski, and Ristolainen.

You're not getting any of those guys for Larkin and Mantha. And those are the only players I'd even consider trading for. I'm not sure I'd want Ekblad with that contract, though.

Ryan Johansen and Dylan Larkin's value last season was probably pretty similar when the trade happened. I think we could have gotten Seth Jones for Dylan Larkin.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Ryan Johansen and Dylan Larkin's value last season was probably pretty similar when the trade happened. I think we could have gotten Seth Jones for Dylan Larkin.

You won't find many here willing to share that opinion with you.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

Didn't jones go for just Johansen pretty much

Probably spelt his name wrong. But if he just went for him Larkin and mantha could both easily be dealt

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Just watched the highlights and saw the hit on Trochek and assumed thats what was being talked about until he absolutely crushed Smith. I think his knee is better but hes probably also getting his timing back as well. Not playing huge minutes likely means he feels a little bit more free to step up and make those plays more

Where did you find the highlights?

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

I youtube "red wing highlights" abd set the filter to uploaded today. Can usually find good highlight packages that are about ten minutes long, so you dont just get the goals. You get a decent outlook on how the game went

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpJgrHYsyV4&t=444s

Just subscribe to awood40s channel. He posts all the highlights after every game. He also posts "throwback" videos as well.

Didn't jones go for just Johansen pretty much

Probably spelt his name wrong. But if he just went for him Larkin and mantha could both easily be dealt

They moved Jones because they wanted a #1 center. Larkin and Mantha aren't that established yet.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015

Just subscribe to awood40s channel. He posts all the highlights after every game. He also posts "throwback" videos as well.

They moved Jones because they wanted a #1 center. Larkin and Mantha aren't that established yet.

Right and value wise, Larkin and Johansen were similar. Pretty sure Edmonton was offered Jones for RNH and they turned it down. Jones' value wasn't nearly as high as you make it out to be.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Even ignoring the fact that ryjos value was diminished due to situation in Columbus he was definitely a lot more valuable than Larkin is.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I youtube "red wing highlights" abd set the filter to uploaded today. Can usually find good highlight packages that are about ten minutes long, so you dont just get the goals. You get a decent outlook on how the game went

Thanks. 2 kronwall hits. I love it.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Frans had a fantastic game. It would have been nice to see Gus bury at least one of those half dozen chances, but at least he was able to get open so many times. nice to see Kronners hitting people, I'm sure it fires up the team.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014

Which is exactly why some of us were screaming for a trade this past summer. Nyquist and Tatar had more value then than now, and there was at least regular talk of decent defensemen being available. Strike while the iron is hot - whether that was limited to Nyquist and Tatar, or even if it included additional assets - instead of, "we (still) like our team".

Just so they don't make any "win now" moves before the deadline, and waste further resources on another meaningless bandaid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad