Post-Game Talk: Wings Win 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
I think Jurco belongs regardless. He's got the skill set to at least be an effective bottom 6 grinder. Helm may not be re-signed and Jurco could be employed in that role. It's think it's just a matter of discovering if he'll be more than that or not. But Pulkkinen needs to score, as you mentioned. And I agree he should get another year.

Anyway, happy for the win. Would rather squeeze into the playoffs than be squeezed out. And as a side note, wouldn't Byfuglien look great in a Wings jersey right about now? :cry:

Ya... Big Buff would be our #1 easy :(

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
See change the lines back to Larkin Z and abby and look what happens. That line was on fire tonight. And whattya know Larkin scores his 1st goal in what seems like forever..

Great comeback win! But still alot of issues

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
I think Wings started with great energy but it didnt really translate to production because they could not execute at acceptable level. some of it due to lack of composure and some of it due to Jets applying heavy pressure with their big bodies.

Our D really needs to be more poised and be on top of situation. They need to make a slightly better decision when they have the puck. I think winning more 1-1 battle will help them feel more secure and maybe our F can help as well by applying heavier pressure on the puck.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
I think Blashill is distributing ice time in the most logical and sane way possible.

Yeah, he did it tonight -- pav and z are under 20. That's how it should be.

Up until now he had both of them playing like 25 minutes a night in some cases, among which were the hardest minutes. That's unsustainable.

Just keep pav and Z split up, let them share the load, and the figure out the rest as ya go. That's my opinion, anyways (what the hell do I know?).

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
The only thing I didn't get is Athanasiou's ice time. It was at 8:51 (11 shifts), the lowest is has been in the last 5 games. I notice he was a -1, was it a bad shift that tipped the scales?

8snake

Aug 3, 2005
See change the lines back to Larkin Z and abby and look what happens. That line was on fire tonight. And whattya know Larkin scores his 1st goal in what seems like forever..

Great comeback win! But still alot of issues
That line was pretty much trash the whole night. Larkin is pretty much spent...hopefully he can get recharged but I think his legs are just done...and that line fed off of Larkin's speed. Hank has basically done nothing on the ice for over a month and Abs needs others to set the table for him. It's an ineffective line right now.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Larkin and Z line on fire all night :laugh:

What game did you watch?

Its amazing how a few standout plays or shifts will change someones perspective on an otherwise mediocre if not dismal performance. Same goes for bad plays/shifts in an otherwise solid game.

Tasteslikekevinbacon

Oct 26, 2013
Ontario, canada
Aside from being walked by Myers, I thought Z looked good. His mitts were on point and he made a few passes that had to be perfectly placed and he would thread the needle

Their line was great, I thought.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
The only thing I didn't get is Athanasiou's ice time. It was at 8:51 (11 shifts), the lowest is has been in the last 5 games. I notice he was a -1, was it a bad shift that tipped the scales?
No idea. Tatar-Dats-AA had some good looks too. Blash is just keeping AA on the shortest leash possible. If he scores a goal, he gets less icetime. If he draws a penalty, he gets less icetime. If he has a mediocre shift? Benched rest of the game.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Aside from being walked by Myers, I thought Z looked good. His mitts were on point and he made a few passes that had to be perfectly placed and he would thread the needle

Their line was great, I thought.

He had a terrible 1st, set the tone and looked like a game-changer for most of the 2nd, then went back to looking soft and without focus in the 3rd. Not a great game from him.

This is why I'm not a big fan of Blashill so far. He's got some leeway because he's a rookie coach, but I don't like his bench management. Zetterberg is averaging 21 minutes a night since the beginning of February. No way he should be averaging that much time over a ~20 game period this late in the season, especially when he isn't drastically outproducing his linemates.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Sure seemed like all but two guys on the team spent the entire 3rd period getting literally pushed off the puck, off the boards, and off whatever other positions they were ever trying to hold. That is a soft bunch of forwards, minus Abs and Glendening. Glad we were able to come back (thanks for the turnover, Myers!) in the end.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
There was like 3 situations where Z held the puck for 20 seconds on the boards not going anywhere only for him to turn it over. Plenty of opportunities to pass.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007

dont remember it being a bad shift or bad play. he just wasnt that effective IMO. He just played like a rookie when the other team presses hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad