GDT: Wings vs. Rangers (12:30PM ET start)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Typical boring Rangers and Wings game, Looks like neither team really wants this game.

They both want it. There are no breakouts because the D is crashing down on the forwards. If they didn't want it, there would be a rush every now and again. Tight checking games mean the opposite of not wanting it.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Losing Vanek is very bad... Could this game be more boring? I'll be asleep by the end of the third if this keeps up.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
I don't get to watch many Wings games anymore, but is this how the Wings normally look, or is it a because of the matinee start or something else?

They just look slow and can't make many (any?) breakout passes.
Nope pretty typical this year., unfortunately. But there was that one time back in Oct. they looked fast.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Yup. They said he saw his first NHL game live. Saw Hasek play. Told his parents the next day he wanted to be a goalie. :laugh:

That's like Lundqvist too. I read his players tribune thing. He wanted to play because Pekka somebody over in Sweden, but he didn't come out and say it until his brother told the coach that his brother Hank wanted to play net real bad.

I mean, I can see it. I wanted to play goal because of Hasek, Cujo, Eddie Belfour, and Felix Potvin.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
That's like Lundqvist too. I read his players tribune thing. He wanted to play because Pekka somebody over in Sweden, but he didn't come out and say it until his brother told the coach that his brother Hank wanted to play net real bad.

I mean, I can see it. I wanted to play goal because of Hasek, Cujo, Eddie Belfour, and Felix Potvin.

Yeah, its understandable. Just funny that Coreau's nickname might as well be "The Statue" while Hasek played the game like a slinky.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Nope pretty typical this year., unfortunately. But there was that one time back in Oct. they looked fast.

Our being unable to make breakout passes has been a consistent thing for at least 3-4 years now. It was less a problem when we had Datsyuk. You could send a pass somewhere in his general direction and he'd somehow come up with it and gain entry. We have no one on his level anymore so of course we look far worse.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Yeah, its understandable. Just funny that Coreau's nickname might as well be "The Statue" while Hasek played the game like a slinky.

I agree.

Coreau is just smart enough to know he'd hurt himself trying to copy Dom. (Unlike Monster)

But I mean, Hasek just made the position look fun.

icKx

Vanek 4 Prez
May 7, 2010
Intertubes
I don't get to watch many Wings games anymore, but is this how the Wings normally look, or is it a because of the matinee start or something else?

They just look slow and can't make many (any?) breakout passes.

Aside from Green (on a good day), yeah pretty normal.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Ericsson has been getting beat the entire game.

Rangers match up great against him. Speed and depth so he's always facing someone who can overtake him. And I think the season is really catching up to him. He's had a terrible game and has been pretty average lately. Completely different player from a month or two ago when he was redeeming himself.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Wow, major puck possession time missed out because none of the D stepped up on a puck when no Rangers were within 20 feet of it. That's our defense in a nutshell. Even a puck is slowly rolling and the opposition is nowhere near it, as long as its moving towards our end, we must retreat. :shakehead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln