GDT: Wings vs. Islanders | 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I think there might be better odds of Sheahan sending a pass back out of the zone, banking it off the boards, and it somehow gets past Mrazek, than him scoring on the power play.

Keep chasing those Coyotes, fellas!

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
I have a real hard time watching the broadcasts lately. I love Mickey, but he really needs to stop talking about how the Red Wings are one hot streak away from contending for a playoff spot.

Wings currently have a 1.1% chance of making the playoffs. Either they are delusional, unaware, or intentionally oblivious to give the casual fan some hope. Not sure which.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Hopefully I'll get a chance to tune in, and if I do, I'll be cheering for Larkin, AA, and Mantha to get on the board.

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
Islanders have been good since Weight took over. They won 5 out of 6. Detroit hasn't been good, haven't won in 6 games. I think a new coach might have done that for the wings. But too late now. Might as well wait for the offseason. I just hope Blashill hasn't completely destroyed some of the young guys confidence by then.
Doug Weight has got the Islanders believing in themselves, Blashill has the wings questioning themselves.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Islanders have been good since Weight took over. They won 5 out of 6. Detroit hasn't been good, haven't won in 6 games. I think a new coach might have done that for the wings. But too late now. Might as well wait for the offseason. I just hope Blashill hasn't completely destroyed some of the young guys confidence by then.
Doug Weight has got the Islanders believing in themselves, Blashill has the wings questioning themselves.
All good points. Plus the fact that Tavares is head and shoulders better than anything on this roster, and he just finished having a great month of January (8-6-14 in 12 games).

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Let's Go Red Wings, Islanders 5 Wings 3 feel another loss coming up. Nashville, Columbus twice Washington in our next 5 not going to be easy.

Not to mention 3 of the last 4 after that include Minn, WSH and PITT... with a desperate STL team peppered in there.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
All good points. Plus the fact that Tavares is head and shoulders better than anything on this roster, and he just finished having a great month of January (8-6-14 in 12 games).

I don't think it is unreasonable to expect to get some sort of bump off of a coaching change. If we replaced Blash tomorrow I personally would expect us to play better for a bit. In the long term, however, you will ultimately play to your talent. Sadly, we aren't that talented.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I have a real hard time watching the broadcasts lately. I love Mickey, but he really needs to stop talking about how the Red Wings are one hot streak away from contending for a playoff spot.

Wings currently have a 1.1% chance of making the playoffs. Either they are delusional, unaware, or intentionally oblivious to give the casual fan some hope. Not sure which.

technically he's right

....if by "one hot streak away" he means winning 16 games in a row like Columbus did

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Tatar-Nielsen-Larkin. Why not? Vanek's tired old ass is doing nothing out there; with AA that line was hopeful for about 2 periods but has been sooo stale. Tatar moving up the lineup is actually deserved. Larkin? Who knows may be some time back with Nielsen we get some decent plays and a few chances- I sure hope to see something that makes this more worth watching than high-school hockey.

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
Looking forward to seeing former Lake Superior State player Doug Weight behind the Isles bench. I was a fan of his since he played for the Lakers. He was a great player, hopefully he'll be a great coach. So far so good.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Oh ole "3 Goals" is in. Defense is still a dumpster fire. At least trade Dekeyser with XO and see how it goes at this point. I know neither are top pair d but what the he'll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad