GDT: Wings vs Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
anyone who defends Smith as a legitimate top 6 dman is beyond blind (for lack of more proper terms). He is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo so bad.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Mrazek just doesn't look like himself. He doesn't look like Mrazek. Wonder if Salajko is breaking him down and "rebuilding" him, moving him away from his dynamic style of play.

LionsFan01

Jan 10, 2016
Not a bad looking PP, honestly

Not bad for the first unit possession wise, but they still can't generate enough scoring chances. Still spend way too much time just passing the puck around the perimeter and then throwing a prayer at the net from 40 feet.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Not bad for the first unit possession wise, but they still can't generate enough scoring chances. Still spend way too much time just passing the puck around the perimeter and then throwing a prayer at the net from 40 feet.

Yeah, it wasn't a - literally speaking - bad looking PP, because they actually retained possession. But it was still a **** PP as they generate zero high-percentage scoring chances. Just a bunch of perimeter passing. Good PK units will let you play there all day when you aren't driving the middle. All you do is kill off your own time.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
there were some opportunities for abby to make a play on that PP but he has 0 vision so obviously he didn't

LionsFan01

Jan 10, 2016
Yeah, it wasn't a - literally speaking - bad looking PP, because they actually retained possession. But it was still a **** PP as they generate zero high-percentage scoring chances. Just a bunch of perimeter passing. Good PK units will let you play there all day when you aren't driving the middle. All you do is kill off your own time.

Mantha was the only guy I actually saw drive to the middle of the ice looking for a pass. Everyone else just skates through the middle of the ice to get somewhere else. And Abby just skates back and forth from one side of the net to the other. I guess possession is a step in the right direction, but it's still a pathetic looking PP.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
I think we'll come out strong here for the rest of this game. We finished the first well and I think it will carry over.
Not sure what was going on the first half of that period, sloppy plays, swings and whiffs on simple passes, bumbling around quite a bit. We all know this team is pretty bad, but they are generally not that bad.
The boys got their stuff together the latter half of the period and probably deserved a tying goal. I think the rest of this game will be more watchable than the first half of that first period. Boys have a lot to play for, this should be a high energy, emotional game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad