Post-Game Talk: Wings @ Sens

WhiteLight*

It would be a huge mistake to bring Ceci up now. This is not a good learning environment for a rookie defenseman.

I agree but 20 min for Corvo shouldn't happen under any circumstance. Just saying there are other players

Meh...all game over half the game, big deal. Point stands. You'll see more Corvo if we're down.

We also had 4 PP's vs 1 for DET. That's almost 3min for Joe right there.

Corvo played too much on the PP. Cut EK's time short :p:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah I like the optimism but at the end of the day we're 9pts out of a playoff spot and we don't have a 1st rounder, we keep talking that if we do this and we do that then we'll be better, but we are almost at the 30 games mark and nothing has changed... I admire your optimism but it's a disappointing season for sure, it's sad really

Well, that first rounder likely won't ever be an impact NHLer. Outside the top 2-3 guys, there's really nothing in this draft. Just a bunch of kids projecting as bottom 6, or 5-7 D in the NHL. We already have an overflow of those.

But yeah, it's a disappointing season so far, for sure.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
I'm tired of peskiness. I want the team to go out and dictate games, not have to play from behind all the damn time.

I'd settle for some pesky for the rest of the season. I'm a Sens fan - I don't ask for too much.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Agreed.

It sucks, but this is what happens in a rebuild when your blueline is so young.

You'd have to explain to me how a player who's development has been so linear, even despite his injuries has looked like such garbage this season -- ie: Jared Cowen. That has nothing to do with veteran presence and everything to do with something else being wrong with Cowen's off season. He looks slower than he did last season, after coming off of hip surgery -- his ability to make decisions is non existent because he does not have the speed he had in previous seasons. Why is that?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
You'd have to explain to me how a player who's development has been so linear, even despite his injuries has looked like such garbage this season -- ie: Jared Cowen. That has nothing to do with veteran presence and everything to do with something else being wrong with Cowen's off season. He looks slower than he did last season, after coming off of hip surgery -- his ability to make decisions is non existent because he does not have the speed he had in previous seasons. Why is that?

Looks like he has a serious lack of hockey IQ. He can mask it playing against slow skating teams and when he has a veteran partner covering for him.

He really has to go back to basics, and focus purely on defense, using his body, and making a decent first pass up the ice. That's it. Let the other guys worry about the rest.

bigray19

Nov 21, 2013
If alfie was still here with the team we have now, I think this would work well and would be very effective or go out and spend money on a real winger which won't happen.

Zibby Spezza Ryan
MacArthur Turris Alfie

burf

Mar 27, 2012
Boro was awful. Corvo was good. Why are people complaining about Corvo? The only goal that was kind of his fault was WAY MORE Boro's fault (Corvo took the shooter on a 2 on 1, but it was only a 2 on 1 because Boro make a real boneheaded decision, and Corvo had almost no time to decide which man to take).

I was fairly happy with the D-pairings tonight, outside of Cowen playing due to injury. Gryba should also be playing over Boro - he makes smarter decisions away from the puck, and he'd allow Wiercioch to play his correct side.

Finally, I'm pretty sure Zibanejad as 2C wouldn't be that much of a downgrade from Spezza at 2C at this point, especially if Spezza can be traded for a good winger or a top-pairing D.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com

Cowen is inexperienced, I'm not sure how this post challenges what I've written.

He's young, is getting exposed to harder minutes this year, coming off an injury, missed camp, and lacks the confidence and experience to adjust his game accordingly.

Development isn't linear.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Corvo played too much on the PP. Cut EK's time short :p:

Francis5.jpg

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
We'll that was emotional. Here's hoping the team can move on.

And I don't know if it's emotions making some posters post what they do- because I see it all the time- but it amazes me how some people can dedicate so much time to watching hockey and reading stats, and still have no ****ing clue about the game.

2Chainz likes the feel around the dressing room, we be making mistakes but you bet we gonna fix em, no one is down and everyone wants to be better. We gonna work harder and be better ya'll can be assured of that. 2CHHAAAIIIINNZZZ

Glad to hear it, yo. Stay up any way you can, nommsain?

Do you guys think that a 3 min video wasnt enough for alfie?

Of all the ****** things to post...

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
Cowen looked ok, no big errors, some nice hits.
Boro almost scored hard to the net, was worried he was injured.
Goals against were caused by line change errors leading to shots
that really Lehner had not chance on.

Spezza still looking like he is not healthy, still not shooting enough,
still not fighting for the puck. Only late in the second did he have
a shift where GASP he hit someone in our zone to get at the puck.
On the breakout, I watched him standing still on our half boards and
really not doing anything to help the defence get the puck out :(
Every time his line is on the ice we are stuck in our zone..

YET

the Smith Neil line alwasy seemed to get out of our zone and force
the play in the offensive zone. Had a few nice chances.

enviro61

Sep 12, 2006
Ottawa
Cowen is inexperienced, I'm not sure how this post challenges what I've written.

He's young, is getting exposed to harder minutes this year, coming off an injury, missed camp, and lacks the confidence and experience to adjust his game accordingly.

Development isn't linear.

Nor is success guaranteed. He may be a high draft pick but he has done nothing to show that he deserves the contract the team rewarded him with.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Kind of funny that the former Senator who was known for scoring some big clutch goals would score an empty netter, thus preventing Ottawa from getting the clutch goal they needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad