GDT: Wings/sens 11/19

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
People are surprised that a first in 3 drafts got offered up for a 4th overall pick? The dude has talent, fits the bill of "needs a new home/chnage of scenery".

I mean the rest is throw ins, kaski? Mehhhh

Stevie is obviously wanting to add scoring wingers, which I applaud. Just we have a black hole at 2 center. So while im.ok with this potential trade offer(from what we see) i really want a 2nd line center.

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
BS rumor: 1. no legit source. 2. The sheer preposterousness of the offer itself.

This is really bad click-bait, worse than Eklund.

Puljujarvi's career =21.8pts/82gp (low end 3rd liner/avg. 4th liner)

You're seriously doing a career average in someone that's played about 100 games? His first year played very little, last year he sucked as did the entire Oilers team except 2 players. His 2nd year when he played like 65 games he had like 12 or 13 goals. Not what you want from a 4th overall pick but it was also his 2nd year, all this with let's not forget the Oilers. Who....well suck.

ChrisReevesLegs

Nov 5, 2018
Seattle
I recall there being an article from earlier this week where Bulju said he was fully committed to spending the rest of this season in binlan.

I have a feeling he's still there on DEC 1 and is happy about it.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I'd be all up for trading for Pulj, he has talent.. I don't doubt that. Another change of scenery project, I wouldn't go over trading a 2nd and a B level prospect tho, and even at that rate it's got to be someone hand picked by Yzerman from a short list of players he's willing to give up. No need to offer firsts or any of our former first rounders unless it's Svech.. Who I would only consider moving since his age is a little more advanced and he could be wanting a change of scenery also in the near future if he doesn't get a shot.

Reactions: AttilaTheFun

ChrisReevesLegs

Nov 5, 2018
Seattle
I'd be all up for trading for Pulj, he has talent.. I don't doubt that. Another change of scenery project, I wouldn't go over trading a 2nd and a B level prospect tho, and even at that rate it's got to be someone hand picked by Yzerman from a short list of players he's willing to give up. No need to offer firsts or any of our former first rounders unless it's Svech.. Who I would only consider moving since his age is a little more advanced and he could be wanting a change of scenery also in the near future if he doesn't get a shot.

Surprised by the number of fans willing to move Svech. He looked pretty darn good in his call up. Kid has more of a future in the NHL than Zadina does.

Reactions: LazyT

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Why 2022? At least tell us top 10 protected, Savoie and Wright
People are surprised that a first in 3 drafts got offered up for a 4th overall pick? The dude has talent, fits the bill of "needs a new home/chnage of scenery".

I mean the rest is throw ins, kaski? Mehhhh

Stevie is obviously wanting to add scoring wingers, which I applaud. Just we have a black hole at 2 center. So while im.ok with this potential trade offer(from what we see) i really want a 2nd line center.
If it's not unprotected I'd be very surprised, yes.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Surprised by the number of fans willing to move Svech. He looked pretty darn good in his call up. Kid has more of a future in the NHL than Zadina does.

I think Svech has looked good also, and want the kid to succeed... I just don't get why he's not getting minutes on our tire fire of a team... It may be that we have so much dead weight on the big club, they are hesitant to move some of them to the minors (Abby, Nielsen) or that they are waiting for future roster moves to bring him up for a permanent role? Or maybe they don't see as much in him? I'm not sure. I'm just speculating. Id much rather we give him a shot than move him, but if we are moving a prospect he may be the guy.

ChrisReevesLegs

Nov 5, 2018
Seattle
I think Svech has looked good also, and want the kid to succeed... I just don't get why he's not getting minutes on our tire fire of a team... It may be that we have so much dead weight on the big club, they are hesitant to move some of them to the minors (Abby, Nielsen) or that they are waiting for future roster moves to bring him up for a permanent role? Or maybe they don't see as much in him? I'm not sure. I'm just speculating. Id much rather we give him a shot than move him, but if we are moving a prospect he may be the guy.

My initial thought was they're protecting all our future stars (Svech, Zadina, Veleno, Seider) from this dumpster fire of a Red Wings team. This is why 2nd tier prospects like Hicketts, Smith, and McIlrath are moving up and down. If you ruin those guys big whoop right? They were never gonna be big contributors anyway.

BIGZ40

Jul 2, 2006
Georgia
My initial thought was they're protecting all our future stars (Svech, Zadina, Veleno, Seider) from this dumpster fire of a Red Wings team. This is why 2nd tier prospects like Hicketts, Smith, and McIlrath are moving up and down. If you ruin those guys big whoop right? They were never gonna be big contributors anyway.
I feel like it's a combo of this and trying to ease him back from a major injury. He certainly looked good during his call up, and I was disappointed with his minutes but it makes more sense to shelter him a bit until he gets more comfortable with that knee.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Out of that group, Svech is the only one ready for the NHL right now.

Also, no way I'd trade a first for what amounts to be a reclamation project. Trade a low level prospect or a 4th liner, sure, but the ask is way too high on this trade. At the very most a 2nd rd plus B prospect. Otherwise we might as well stick with what we have. Holland knows the prospects, let him pick one that he likes.

ChrisReevesLegs

Nov 5, 2018
Seattle
I feel like it's a combo of this and trying to ease him back from a major injury. He certainly looked good during his call up, and I was disappointed with his minutes but it makes more sense to shelter him a bit until he gets more comfortable with that knee.

Def agreed

Out of that group, Svech is the only one ready for the NHL right now.

Also, no way I'd trade a first for what amounts to be a reclamation project. Trade a low level prospect or a 4th liner, sure, but the ask is way too high on this trade. At the very most a 2nd rd plus B prospect. Otherwise we might as well stick with what we have. Holland knows the prospects, let him pick one that he likes.

Agree as well, the asking price on poolparty is probs too high.

In regards to prospects, I firmly believe Seider is already NHL ready along with Svech. But I'm content to leave them sheltered in the minors for the time being.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
A 2022 FRP, assuming modest protections (ie not a direct to NHL type talent who would go 1-2-3 overall) is probably at least two seasons away after their draft year, so we'd be looking at 2024 at the earliest that player would plan an NHL minute. Puljujarvi could start playing for us this season and then we'd have four more seasons with him before this 2022 FRP ever played an NHL game.

If this pick is the centerpiece, say with top 5 protections, and then any other prospects/players are crud level filler than I might do it.

I'd rather dangle a 2nd rounder and maybe a "name" prospect Holland likes and values more than Stevie and Co do now.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Lol if Detroit actually offered that Holland wouldn't be able to send the paperwork fast enough. No way in hell we get that.

EDIT

My apologies, I didnt realize this was the team board, I thought it was the trade board. Saw it in the recent activity section and just clicked. My bad.

Happens to me all the time, I hate the newest posts being the first thing in the page

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
Depends on who you ask. Lots of Oilers fans no longer think so. They thought they were getting a slick player with good skating and great hands. They got none of that.

And stevie y was in finland watching/scouting him with his own eyes, in person. I trust him more than any oiler fan.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Do we have proof that this has happened recently?
https://detroitsportsnation.com/rep...ker/detroit-red-wings-news/11/04/2019/211835/

HockeyBuzz.com - Jeremy Laura - Steve Yzerman is quietly working around the clock

I think that's about all we got is some articles stating Yzerman was in Finland, no photos or anything.
If there's any truth to this rumor that he was in Finland scouting PoolParty, you gotta figure the asking price is pretty high, in which case I'd pass.

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
Why would Edmonton do this?

Because nobody else is offering more. Helm wouldn't be a bad addition for them, especially if Yzerman retained his salary. I think this is the deal Yzerman starts with for sure, and I don't see it going higher than a 2nd round pick.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
my guess is Holland isn't interested in Kaski.
I'd look at guys Holland drafted.
Svechnikov.
Rasmussen.
Smith.
Berggren
Lindstrom.

Now. the second factor is this:
Edmonton is in FIRST place in their division. Why not trade for someone who helps now?
But we don't have much of that.
And please, don't say Helm.

Svech makes the most sense. Svech + Lindstrom maybe?

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Because nobody else is offering more. Helm wouldn't be a bad addition for them, especially if Yzerman retained his salary. I think this is the deal Yzerman starts with for sure, and I don't see it going higher than a 2nd round pick.
I hope you're right. That's great value for Detroit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad