GDT: Wings @ Senators - Daniel Alfredsson Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NervousPerson

Apr 11, 2010
Mantha seems to be a bit unlucky this season. Plenty of posts and miraculous saves on him.

Could be confirmation bias though.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
As much as I love Mrazek, I'd ride Coreau until he falters or until Jimmy is back. Mrazek is a sieve right now, trying to do too much leading to bad angles and soft goals.

Petr Mrazek is a confidence goaltender. We need him to find his swag. He was his absolute best with something to prove, and when he was taking Jimmy's job. He's still our guy despite the hate this forum gives him. Ride with Mrazek, he'll bounceback. He's too good not too.

icKx

Vanek 4 Prez
May 7, 2010
Intertubes
lol I know a team full of secondary scoring players though most are inconsistent. Good veteran signing though. He's only 32 as well. I'd be down for a 2 year extension. Worried about signings this summer though, something tells me Patrick Sharp and Ryan Miller will be targets.

I think a 2 year extension is a no brainier. His combo of reach, passing and incredible shot tipping is hard to find.

BIGZ40

Jul 2, 2006
Georgia
Petr Mrazek is a confidence goaltender. We need him to find his swag. He was his absolute best with something to prove, and when he was taking Jimmy's job. He's still our guy despite the hate this forum gives him. Ride with Mrazek, he'll bounceback. He's too good not too.

I don't disagree, but with this team in front of Mrazek it's gonna be hard to get that swag back. Ideally I'd like to see Jimmy moved and Coreau and Mrazek as our goaltenders. I still have faith in Mrazek, love that he's a big game goalie, but he is having a miserable year so far.

NervousPerson

Apr 11, 2010
:shakehead

Stone grabs DDK with his free hand. That's the only reason the puck was given up. Nice job ref.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I love when the first line spends all its energy trying to get the puck out of the zone instead of trying to score.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Hard for DeKeyser, he's in way over his head especially with Greener out. We need that impact D now.. I wish there was some way to get OEL.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Yup trash refs. Thanks for the hooking call that was obvious from this trash Sens team.

LionsFan01

Jan 10, 2016
Dekeyser real tough period

What's that, 3 turnovers in his own zone? And the icing that led to nearly 2 minutes of zone time for Ottawa. Same refrain over and over this season with him. Can't handle the physical stuff down low and can't make a decent breakout pass with any consistency. And at times looks legitimately scared to shoot the puck.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
We are not unloading players IMO. With the loser point and the East, we will be within 5 or so points at all times. We're not bad enough to last by a large gap.

What do you feel is more important. Staying within a handful of pts of a playoff spot or gaining assets to improve the future?

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
I like DeKeyser, he tries.

It's not his fault he's an undrafted college defenseman turned NHL player thrown into a #1-2 role. It's also not his fault he was given 5m/yr to struggle in the role.

The sooner we accumulate draft picks and recruit kids that can handle the load, the sooner this organisation can turn itself around.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
DeKeyser has made some bad decisions but I can't find a single teammate trying to help him out. None of the defensemen are getting options. A bunch of forwards standing around hoping their defenseman can break the double team and get them the puck.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
What's that, 3 turnovers in his own zone? And the icing that led to nearly 2 minutes of zone time for Ottawa. Same refrain over and over this season with him. Can't handle the physical stuff down low and can't make a decent breakout pass with any consistency. And at times looks legitimately scared to shoot the puck.

This is because dekeyser is the only top 4 dman we have, all others are 3rd pair Dmen, some of them not even NHL Dmen. Even lidstrom would look bad with this supporting crew. We need green back badly.

Tatar and Nyquist can't de anything right. Whichever zone, the puck just goes the wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad