Confirmed with Link: Wings Protected List

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
I think personally I would have picked either stecher/cholo to protect over lindstrom. Other than that list is fine. Most likely lose a d-man although never know as Seattle could like a lot more d-man around the league and grab a guy like vladdy to fill a bottom 6 role kind of like Vegas did with Nosek

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
They will probably take Namestnikov, unless Seattle ends up selecting too many $$ defensemen.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Leddy fills the role Cholo was gonna play (I don't think Cholo will be here long term so I think of him as a short term asset) and if we lose Stecher who I'll miss Lindstrom can fill the 3rd RD role Stecher was likely to fill. Overall this list is pretty much expected.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Rather have Stecher than Lindstrom, dont see much upside in Lindstrom
Can’t upvote posts anymore but same. I view Lindstrom as a replacement level D. If Stecther plays well there is a very real chance he can garner us a 2nd round pick at the TDL… a value I doubt Lindstrom ever amounts to, but I guess Yzerman thinks differently. Thankfully there are some other good D exposed so maybe they won’t take him.

Hope they take Svechnikov, dude could use a new start

Looking forward to watching the bloggers freak out over Yzerman leaving a 5'10 third pairing defenseman exposed.
I don’t think anyone is freaking out, even the worst case scenario isn’t a big thing, but I do vehemently disagree with it from an asset standpoint. I just don’t really see any argument for keeping Lindstrom over him when we have tons of better prospects coming and can get guys better than him to play on the third pairing every free agency (last year Merril and Stetcher himself for example). I guess I just don’t see Lindstrom ever becoming as good as Stetcher and view him redundant going forward. Stetcher is better now and in my eyes can likely get us a deadline package that most would trade Lindstrom for in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
DETROIT RED WINGS

Available

Riley Barber (F)
Kyle Criscuolo (F)
Turner Elson (F)
Valtteri Filppula (F)
Sam Gagner (F)
Luke Glendening (F)
Darren Helm (F)
Taro Hirose (F)
Vladislav Namestnikov (F)
Frans Nielsen (F)
Bobby Ryan (F)
Evgeny Svechnikov (F)
Dominic Turgeon (F)
Hayden Verbeek (F)
Alex Biega (D)
Dennis Cholowski (D)
Danny DeKeyser (D)
Christian Djoos (D)
Joe Hicketts (D)
Dylan McIlrath (D)
Marc Staal (D)
Troy Stecher (D)
Jonathan Bernier (G)
Kevin Boyle (G)
Kaden Fulcher (G)
Calvin Pickard (G)

Protected
Tyler Bertuzzi (F)
Adam Erne (F)
Robby Fabbri (F)
Dylan Larkin (F)
Michael Rasmussen (F)
Givani Smith (F)
Jakub Vrana (F)
Filip Hronek (D)
Nick Leddy (D)
Gustav Lindstrom (D)
Thomas Greiss (G)

Reactions: Ulysses31

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I would have protected Svech over Smith and Cholo over Lidstrom.
But it probably doesn't change much for any of those players.

I do think it's quite likely that Cholo is selected over Stecher or Dekeyser.
But honestly, Detroit is one of those teams it's hard to find anyone good from.
And you can tell, just by looking at who we protected.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Man, seeing Cholowski and Svechnikov unprotected is just another reminder of how badly Holland managed this team's assets in his last decade here. Terrible. Nothing good came of that Datsyuk trade.

Reactions: Run the Jewels

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad