Post-Game Talk: Wings play bad, end up losing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Players need to play better.

We have the personnel to be better than we have been so far.

I hope we get things on track soon.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Edm ends a 9 game losing streak to DRW, beats them in regulation for first time since 2009, on a 3 game winning streak and passes us in the standings(actually not really but same # of pts).

Plus of course we are out of a playoff spot in the already ****** Leastern conference.

Wouldn't be glad to be Blash right now

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Few questions:

Why is Kindl still on the 1st PP?
Why isn't Green, who we're paying 6m/yr, getting 1st PP time?

Been asking the 2nd question forever and ever.

Me liking that signing was contingent on how he was to be used. And 6 mil for a 2nd pair 2nd PP no PK guy is uh, kinda weird.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
I don't really blame Blashill for trying to give the defense the benefit of the doubt, but i hope he now understands why Babcock was so conservative with the defense.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Final Scores

Kronwall +1 -3
Ericsson +3 -2
Green +4 -3
Dekeyser +3 -3
Quincey +1 -3
Kindl +4 -6

Generally not a good game overall. If anything our best D man tonight was Ericsson. But Best crappy game of many isnt saying much.

Last edited:

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
Blow it up and bring up the kids. That was a dumpster fire and a the 3rd one in a row to boot. By the time Datsyuk gets back they will be last in the conference.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
This game was not played well, but I would say they capitalized well on their chances. 3-0 is hard to claw out of. Our offense is not playing all that great right now. Tatar / Richards had especially bad games.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I don't really blame Blashill for trying to give the defense the benefit of the doubt, but i hope he now understands why Babcock was so conservative with the defense.

We could stick this out and see if they just need more time to adjust to the system or go back to the old one. **** if I know. I sorta figured with Dekeyser, Green, Quincey, and Kronwall, we could have a D group decent enough to play this style but maybe not. Or then again, maybe 6 games and one off season isn't enough to learn a system.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Disappointing... Especially fighting off exhaustion to watch that.

Nyquist was our best forward tonight and even he was too cute way too often for my liking.

Nyquist
Mrazek
Glendening

Sorry cannot vote for Tatar even if he scored the goal, he was brutal for most the rest of the game.

They need to buy in to the system, there is too much individual play and thinking going on. Also lets get some passing drills going, the puck looks like a superball for many of our guys right now.

Sit Pulkkinen on Friday and reinsert Jurco. Curious if Smith's second chance under Blash comes in the next game, because I am guessing he is going to shuffle the deck for the next game a little.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Wings are 3-3. Obviously they have not looked good for four out of the past six games, but they haven't dug themselves into a hole yet. Just gotta keep things simple for the next few games and hope the team starts clicking.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
We could stick this out and see if they just need more time to adjust to the system or go back to the old one. **** if I know. I sorta figured with Dekeyser, Green, Quincey, and Kronwall, we could have a D group decent enough to play this style but maybe not. Or then again, maybe 6 games and one off season isn't enough to learn a system.

Well, there's your problem.

I've been saying this forever.

We have an aging top pairing defenseman who isn't much of a top pairing defenseman anymore, he doesn't even get true top pairing minutes anymore.

We have a defensive defenseman who has a pretty decent outlet pass who is good on the middle pairing.

We have an offensive defenseman who is a good middle 4 guy.

And then it is a disaster.

This team desperately needs a top pairing guy, or at the very least, another top 4 guy to help balance out the suck on the blue line.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Fair point. Has to get experience somehow though, right? :dunno:

On one hand, yeah. He does. On the other hand, probably not the best thing for a team struggling with possession + shot generation right now.

HomersWorld

Mar 8, 2012
On one hand, yeah. He does. On the other hand, probably not the best thing for a team struggling with possession + shot generation right now.

That's true. Just having a hard time watching Richards out there right now.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Well, there's your problem.

I've been saying this forever.

We have an aging top pairing defenseman who isn't much of a top pairing defenseman anymore, he doesn't even get true top pairing minutes anymore.

We have a defensive defenseman who has a pretty decent outlet pass who is good on the middle pairing.

We have an offensive defenseman who is a good middle 4 guy.

And then it is a disaster.

This team desperately needs a top pairing guy, or at the very least, another top 4 guy to help balance out the suck on the blue line.

We have a big hole in our top 4, and all these young talented forwards.

Oh shoot. What do we do?!?!?!

That's true. Just having a hard time watching Richards out there right now.

I heard that. He's like the Lions when they went 4-0 in the preseason and then 0-16. We have some pretty bad luck with veteran UFA center's, sheesh.

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
Rexall gives me nightmares between that game and Yzerman walking off.

It's evident the passing is awful. I've seen it league wide we just seem to be worse than others.

Also, lack big body or physical play. They can NOT win any battles down low, no forechecking, the other team breaks it out at will. Hence not as many shots. You can be fast in the neutral zone but perimeter play does nothing.

And what is Sheahan's deal?! He is invisible. Zero physicality, he hasn't done any of his down low battling and protecting the puck. Nothing. He looks like he doesn't belong on the ice right now.

Put Jurco in. He might not be the goal scorer we expected but he stirs the pot and can get physical. Get Ericsson off the top pair. He's a loser. Biggest 6'5" soft clown around. That first goal was 110% on him on a play we've seen way too much of already.

And in general how about a little fire? A little snarl? The last 3 games looks like they can't wait to collect their paycheck and leave. You're allowed to get intense, physical, and into the game you know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad