Proposal: Wings-Oilers

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
All in all the thread almost seems like a bait to stir s*** lol. I agree that Larkin's value in the league is not that of Drai's, but I also think you'd be crazy not to take the 6th as the add.

All in all, Edmonton ain't taking the deal without a ridiculous add, and Detroit ain't making a ridiculous add because Larkin's pretty much guaranteed to be the next captain.

Which is fine. Hes clearly valued quite highly there and he is very good but we are not under any circumstances moving Drai for him.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Sure it is. It’s downgrading at centre to pick up a pretty good draft pick. 70 point C > 60 point C > 50 point C.

First off the 6th is obviously more valuable than the 10th. Drai and Larkin are the same age. RNH is three years older. That's even more important due to the fact that it gives Larkin more time to grow. I think there's still a lot of question as to what Larkin's ceiling is, and that his performance this year put a to into question as to how high he can really go. Drai is a #1C. (Though will never be that with EDM) RNH is a 2C.

Larkin we still really don't know. Is he an elite 2C or is he a legit 1C? Like it or not he put up 63 points as a 21 year old on a team full of hot garbage, while still being heavily relied on defensively. If he can put up 70-80 point seasons while being defensively responsible, doesn't that kinda put him in the same realm as a Bergeron or Toews?

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
First off the 6th is obviously more valuable than the 10th. Drai and Larkin are the same age. RNH is three years older. That's even more important due to the fact that it gives Larkin more time to grow. I think there's still a lot of question as to what Larkin's ceiling is, and that his performance this year put a to into question as to how high he can really go. Drai is a #1C. (Though will never be that with EDM) RNH is a 2C.

Larkin we still really don't know. Is he an elite 2C or is he a legit 1C? Like it or not he put up 63 points as a 21 year old on a team full of hot garbage, while still being heavily relied on defensively. If he can put up 70-80 point seasons while being defensively responsible, doesn't that kinda put him in the same realm as a Bergeron or Toews?

I personally think Larkin has the potential to be a top five Centre in this league.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I personally think Larkin has the potential to be a top five Centre in this league.

That's ambitious. Unless he does legitimately hit Bergeron levels where he's a PPG center while also being a defensive beast.

But as I said, I think this season really put his ceiling into question. You could easily argue on a team that doesn't suck he'd have put up 70-75 points, and that while being tasked on the defensive end of things. Not bad for a guy barely old enough to drink.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Everything you’re saying about Larkin Draisaitl already does. He’s also still developing and is better right now in more or less every way. Plus he’s fantastic at faceoffs and kills penalties.

You want defensive responsibility and solid production while playing with trash, Nuge is your guy. Well, he’s not, because I don’t want to move him either, but you can’t say on one hand Larkin+ for Drai is reasonable but RNH+ for Larkin is outlandish.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
The difference is RNH only produces when he is with McDavid. Larkin has produced just as much ( Or more) with thrash.
You have no clue what you’re talking about.

RNH produced at a 30 goal, 60+ point pace for the 1st half of the season at center (before he got hurt) with weak wingers when he didn’t play a single second with McDavid.

Reactions: zar

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Both teams need to sell tickets. I was coming up with a proposal where both shook something up.

Edmonton sells out every game and has the best player on the planet, my dude. We don’t need a shakeup, we need better hockey players and support for Drai and McDavid and Nuge.

By the way... I don’t think 6th has much more value than 10th in this draft. There’s a cluster of 7 or so guys that I’m totally fine drafting at 10.

Reactions: 780il

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Edmonton sells out every game and has the best player on the planet, my dude. We don’t need a shakeup, we need better hockey players and support for Drai and McDavid and Nuge.

By the way... I don’t think 6th has much more value than 10th in this draft. There’s a cluster of 7 or so guys that I’m totally fine drafting at 10.

Renewals are down in Edmonton.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Pretty sure Holland loves Larkin and all but the biggest Wings Homer would admit Draisaitl is the more valuable player so it seems like both teams decline.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Both teams need to sell tickets. I was coming up with a proposal where both shook something up.

Edmonton don't need to sell tickets.

Next year we'll see how much of the new building scent has worn off for Detroit. They averaged 100% capacity this year.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
But if the Oilers trade for Larkin we won't have any players on our team that can keep up with him... seems kind of senseless.

Larkin for Draisaitl... Larkin a top 5 C in the entire NHL...

giphy.gif

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
This has to be a troll thread. :laugh:

FWIW, I wouldn't trade Larkin straight up for Draisaitl for reasons that Zetterberg Era already covered, but Drai undoubtedly has more value across the league.

you wouldn't trade Larkin straight up for Draisaitl??? :skeptic:

thanx, i needed a good laugh tonight ! :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad