GDT: Wings @ Leafs | Outdoor game | now 3:53 PM ET...sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I don't agree AA is significantly worse than most of the rest of the team. Regardless, even if he does turn the puck over more than he should, AA has positives that other players like Sheahan or Glendening or Ott or Miller don't have.

Man Ottt has been significantly better than AA.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Drew Miller leading forwards in ice time. WEEEEEEEEEEEE

At least Glendening is last though, nice to see.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
The best part about watching this game on the Canada feed is how baffled Jim Hughson and Craig Simpson are about Detroit's poor play. They clearly haven't watched this team before today. It's hilarious.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I don't agree AA is significantly worse than most of the rest of the team. Regardless, even if he does turn the puck over more than he should, AA has positives that other players like Sheahan or Glendening or Ott or Miller don't have.

Like giving the opposition more ozone time? That doesn't help the team. AA needs to pull his head out of his ass or sit in favor of Jurco.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
You have Larkin flanked by Sheahan and Glendening..... and Athanasiou flanked by Miller and Ott. Basically the only way those two lines are going to create any offense is if Larkin or AA do everything themselves...because we know they aren't getting any help from their linemates.

You can't have 2 out of your 4 lines with no hope of any offense.

Yea I don't know why Larkin-AA-Miller isn't a thing, then just have the fourth line be the black hole.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Man Ottt has been significantly better than AA.

Yeah, Ott has, but compared to AA in what role? What is his role? To learn to be a simple grinder? It's a pointless role for him to be in, just like when Tatar or Mantha were down there. This isn't 2008, where AA has skilled linemates a la Hudler. And the worst part is, it doesn't even teach AA to slow the game down. Our 4th line (and defense in general) is a chaotic attempt at man-to-man coverage. AA is gaining nothing while losing development time as a 3rd line offensive asset.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Like giving the opposition more ozone time? That doesn't help the team. AA needs to pull his head out of his ass or sit in favor of Jurco.

Sorry... I don't expect a young player, learning how to play center in the NHL, playing in a "grinding" role with terrible offensive teammates to be able to sustain offensive time in the opposing end all by himself.

iDangleDangle

We Like Our Team
Jan 2, 2014
A bar
Some uninspiring hockey once again.

I ****ing loathe those line combos. What's the point of having two lines with no chance of generating any offense?

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
C1HZMWeXUAAYyKv.jpg

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 14m14 minutes ago
Leafs are the highest pace team in the NHL this year (even strength). Wings are fourth last.

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013
Best scoring chance of the period? Gus! :laugh:

too bad can not set a few of those up for tv

Last edited:

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
I'd sit those other 3 forwards first though.

I'd agree with that.

Although I don't think it's really necessary to have "grinders/agitators" like Ott in the lineup (despite what hockey tradition says).... i'm fine with Ott overall (in a vacuum).

It's just when you have Ott, Miller, Glendening, and Mr. Zero Goals all on the team/in the lineup it majorly cripples the team's offense IMO.

So I guess I'm more complaining about he totality of the circumstances than any individual player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad