GDT: Wings @ Leafs | Outdoor game | now 3:53 PM ET...sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Curious to see who starts. Starting Pete might give him confidence but it's also a risk as he's been terrible lately

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
There's a local watering hole where I get my fill of NFL every week and it's where I'll be watching the Lions later tonight. I'm hoping for smaller crowds than usual because I want to get this game on one of the televisions. NBC is the only over-the-air network that I cannot pick up with my digital rabbit ears. Apparently they broadcast on a frequency that only upscale rabbit ears can pick up. Hopefully I can be accommodated for the Wings today.

I did manage to find a stream of the alumni game yesterday though it ended up breaking down but I enjoyed what I was able to see. I'd like to think we'll be treated to the same today: a fun game ending in a Wings victory.

Happy New Year, folks. Let today be the start of a Wings turnaround. Keep the streak alive.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
A high profile game like this you have to go with Mrazek. Remember the Luongo snub in the Canucks WC a few years ago? Caused a big hoopla.

Locally it's televised on NBC- I thought it was strange no FS or CBC. Too bad I think FS-Detroit should have shown the Alumni game and put together a pre-game show. Funny this is supposed to be a monumental affair but most seem like "meh".

Strange we haven't faced Toronto yet this season, I had a feeling this was more than coincidence but whatever.

LETS GO WINGS!

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
A high profile game like this you have to go with Mrazek. Remember the Luongo snub in the Canucks WC a few years ago? Caused a big hoopla.

Locally it's televised on NBC- I thought it was strange no FS or CBC. Too bad I think FS-Detroit should have shown the Alumni game and put together a pre-game show. Funny this is supposed to be a monumental affair but most seem like "meh".

Strange we haven't faced Toronto yet this season, I had a feeling this was more than coincidence but whatever.

LETS GO WINGS!

Mrazek is still establishing himself; Luongo was an NHL face. Kinda different.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan

LETS GO WINGS!

if the wings really want to make the playoffs, you need to go with the hotter hand at this point

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Mrazek should start. He is the #1 guy right now, despite his poor play this season. Coreau is a fun little story, but I don't want him starting this game when we have a goaltender who has more than a couple NHL starts under his belt.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
We need to start Mrazek if we want to keep up with New Jersey and Buffalo's tanks. Unfortunately I think we're too good (bad?) to out tank Colorado, but who knows maybe they get it together with the new coach and hit a hot streak.

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
Coreau should start. Mrazek should be benched until Coreau starts struggling. Games don't matter but figuring out how good Coreau is should be the priority.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Going with Mrazek would be really weird at this point. You keep going back to Coreau until he falters.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Mrazek should start. He is the #1 guy right now, despite his poor play this season. Coreau is a fun little story, but I don't want him starting this game when we have a goaltender who has more than a couple NHL starts under his belt.

If nothing else this team really needs Mrazek to really get into the playoff race. There's enough data suggesting he will turn it around, he's not posted <.915 % anywhere in 7 years.

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru
Coreau is the right choice. That's gotta suck for Mrazek though.

I'm a huge fan of Mrazek's, and I want him to be the team's #1 goaltender for years to come, but he has to want to be that player and he has to play his way into that role.

Perhaps, if nothing else, this will light a fire under Mrazek's @$$ and get a competitive fire going in him again.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Whoa! Coreau is starting? Says a lot they think of Mrazek now. Well this is our 1st meeting ole Babs and his band of men. Can we try not and embarrass ourselves on national television?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad