GDT: Wings @ Leafs 10/8 7:00PM TSN - Final Preseason game

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
Good pre season. Injuries on D hurts a bit but really it's just Liljegren out. The bubble players played well including a couple surprises. Goalies did well. Top players healthy accept for a minor issue for JT

the crazy thing is Lilly is a huge upgrade over holl if that's who sits

i have had almost no complaints outside of holl doing holl things and samsonov being a little too passive

Reactions: stickty111

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Malgin had the kinda camp I hoped he would, and good for him, really.
Guy’s a good talent.

Reactions: kb

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Good game to gear up for the regular season. Everyone looked engaged.

Tough roster decision coming up when Tavares is ready to come back.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Murray looked solid, only caught the third, but he looks good so far!

It's pre-season but whenever Murray has been in the Leaf nets he's looked like a bonafide number one goaltender. He also looks a lot more bulked up with his equipment set up than in the past. He kind of looks like the left catching version of Tom Barrasso to me. Such economy of movement too.

Reactions: deprw

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Why does Murray look so big? He isn’t much bigger than Freddie. Or even Ilya. He looks like a giant

This is the biggest I’ve ever seen Matt Murray. He was always so lanky in the Penguin nets and wasn’t any more noticeable in Ottawa. But he looks like JS Giguere these days. Not complaining, keep it up!

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

CanHeDoIt99

Mar 14, 2022
I think you gotta keep Malgin over Holmberg to start. He's been good enough you can't waive him before giving him a look.

And Willy looks just as good at C so no proble

Malgin stays up, ZAR signs, Gaudette, Robertson, and Holmberg sent down. After g1 Robertson comes up as an emergency recall.

They will play 11 forwards on opening night assuming Tavares is out (but cant be put on LTIR). won't have enough capspace to replace him and it's not worth waiving Malgin.

Sucks for Robertson but he'll be up for g2 I'd guess.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Malgin stays up, ZAR signs, Gaudette, Robertson, and Holmberg sent down. After g1 Robertson comes up as an emergency recall.

They will play 11 forwards on opening night assuming Tavares is out (but cant be put on LTIR). won't have enough capspace to replace him and it's not worth waiving Malgin.

Sucks for Robertson but he'll be up for g2 I'd guess.

Yes yes and yep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad