GDT: Wings @ Isles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Might be the first game since I don't know when that we dress three right handed Dmen

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Blashill is really trying to get a new definition for the word insanity.

I dunno, He has tried just about every line up possible. Nyquist, Tatar and Pulkinnen have all gotten looks on Pavels wing. Larkin has been centered by Z, Pav and Richards. He tried re-creating last years top line of Abby-Z-Gus. Nothing has gotten this group going.

I don't care for the current lines but its not like anything else Blashill has tried worked any better.

Maybe its time we put the onus on the players to execute and produce rather than getting angry at the coach.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
At least they split Z/D on the PP. Now our second unit zone entries might not suck donkey dong.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
More snow in New York City then Detroit any ways

Detroit Red Wings 4

Henrik Zetterberg
Tomas Tatar
Mike Green
Tomas Jurco

New York Islanders 3

Tavares
Okposo
Hamonic

Let's Go Red Wings we need a regulation W tonight.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I dunno, He has tried just about every line up possible. Nyquist, Tatar and Pulkinnen have all gotten looks on Pavels wing. Larkin has been centered by Z, Pav and Richards. He tried re-creating last years top line of Abby-Z-Gus. Nothing has gotten this group going.

I don't care for the current lines but its not like anything else Blashill has tried worked any better.

Maybe its time we put the onus on the players to execute and produce rather than getting angry at the coach.

No arguments here, but Helm shouldn't be playing with Datsyuk. Helm is a 3rd liner at his absolute best. Datsyuk's playmaking is wasted on him.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
No arguments here, but Helm shouldn't be playing with Datsyuk. Helm is a 3rd liner at his absolute best. Datsyuk's playmaking is wasted on him.

Agree maybee putting tartar in and keeping him in for a while to develop chemistry? :amazed:

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
That second line is straight trash. Absolute garbage.

Why not call up Mantha if your gonna play scrubs in your Top 6?

Jurco-Datsyuk-Pulkkinen is a much better 2nd line than the one Blash is rolling with. Richards and Helm should be on the 4th line where they belong.

Why not put Nyquist and Tatar with Datsyuk? Lets just put two of our better goal scorers with an offensively inept, defensive Center. Makes sense.

Those PP units are bad too. Dekeyser on the PP. Nice. Nevermind the fact that Dekeyser is offensively inept. I look forward to all of his blocked shots from the point tonight.

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Abdelkader
Larkin-Datsyuk-Tatar
Jurco-Sheahan-Pulkkinen
Richards-Glendening-Helm

Dekeyser-Marchenko
Smith-Green
Ericsson-Quincey

It's really not that hard to make a competent line up Blash.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada

I mostly agree. Helm is a 3rd/4th liner who is being over-utilized but I have always been okay with giving Pavel the "piano player" he requests. My mentality is, If the magic man himself feels like it makes him better, then so be it.

To me the bottom line is that Blashill has tried just about every combination under the sun. He isn't going to create the offense by reshuffling the cards we have. They players will have to create it themselves.

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
Those lines are horrible and they've been that way for a while now.

4-1 Isles

Larkin scores for DET

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012

Are you of the opinion that Pav doesn't actually want to play with Helm?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I don't get why he doesn't try Larks Tats and Dats. He was going to then Tatar got the flu and now I guess it's not worth trying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad