GDT: Wings @ Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
It takes a 20 year old first liner taking matters into his own hands to show we aren't going down without a fight and I'm pissed.

Pathetic.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
We've lost 5 or 7 and 1 win came a against the worst team in the league. This is something to get worked up about

Did you expect them to win tonight or something? Not sure what you were thinking if that was the case. Montreal hasn't lost at home all season. The likelihood of Detroit winning tonight was extremely low. Yeah, I wish the game was more competitive. This isn't a team they're chasing in the standings, though. I think people are overreacting.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Did you expect them to win tonight or something? Not sure what you were thinking if that was the case. Montreal hasn't lost at home all season. The likelihood of Detroit winning tonight was extremely low. Yeah, I wish the game was more competitive. This isn't a team they're chasing in the standings, though. I think people are overreacting.

No, guess he didn't. But putting up a better fight than this effortless bs may be it. Jimmy on the road of losing his confidence for ****ing nothing.
Pull him already and mingle the the lines in the 3rd. Just pathetic, nothing going at all.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada

What are you talking about?

They are ahead of us, this means we are chasing them in the standings.

People expected the team to compete. This is the NHL. You expect games like this in the OHL, not in the NHL. This is the best league in the world, one team should not be dominating this much over another team. The team looks disinterested. For whatever reason, the team is not even trying. Blashill needs to be held accountable.

I wish someone in our organization, for once would man up and do something. Whether it be the owner, or manager, or coach, or captain. Yet nothing will be done. Can't wait for postgame comments from Blashill and Zetterberg.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Guys. It's a lot easier to handle these losses without heartburn when you realize we're not that good. We barely beat the Canuncks. Now we're playing one of the best teams in the league and we're getting crushinatored.

What else would you expect?

Talent wins out.
People expected the team to compete. This is the NHL. You expect games like this in the OHL, not in the NHL. This is the best league in the world, one team should not be dominating this much over another team. The team looks disinterested. For whatever reason, the team is not even trying. Blashill needs to be held accountable.
I don't expect this team to compete. It's not good enough to do that. Blash needs to be held accountable but Holland should be the first to be questioned. How long has it been since we've been contenders? Are we on an upward trend or a downward trend? Even with Babcock we were barely making the playoffs, and that was with a still pretty good Datsyuk, a better Kronwall and Zetterberg. Not sure how Blash is supposed to get too much more out of this squad.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
It's time for a rebuild. It happens.

I agree.

But then let's ****ing do the rebuild. Not this "retool" crap that has us just treading water. If I see a plan that's working I can take some off seasons. What we're doing right now and have been doing for years isn't working. Obviously.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Guys. It's a lot easier to handle these losses without heartburn when you realize we're not that good. We barely beat the Canuncks. Now we're playing one of the best teams in the league and we're getting crushinatored.

What else would you expect?

Talent wins out.

I expected them to play like professional hockey players, and at least attempt to win the game. Maybe I should lower my expectations? I guess I should be ok with us playing like this, because we are playing the first place team?

PuckDynasty

May 3, 2014
I expected them to play like professional hockey players, and at least attempt to win the game. Maybe I should lower my expectations? I guess I should be ok with us playing like this, because we are playing the first place team?

At least Montreal competes, not like they'd ever lose a game 11-0 or something.

Lgw

Feb 4, 2016
When you consider we are more up against the cap than Montreal what the hell is Holland doing. How can these two teams have a similar payroll. I realize we are missing a couple guys but that wouldn't change this game. Our best players are outclassed by the average players on the habs. Our leaders aren't leading so why keep them? Sheahan should not be on the pp or even the team right now.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
When you consider we are more up against the cap than Montreal what the hell is Holland doing. How can these two teams have a similar payroll. I realize we are missing a couple guys but that wouldn't change this game. Our best players are outclassed by the average players on the habs. Our leaders aren't leading so why keep them? Sheahan should not be on the pp or even the team right now.

Very few teams have a lot of cap space remaining.

PuckDynasty

May 3, 2014
I agree.

But then let's ****ing do the rebuild. Not this "retool" crap that has us just treading water. If I see a plan that's working I can take some off seasons. What we're doing right now and have been doing for years isn't working. Obviously.

They have Mantha, AA, Bertuzzi, Larkin and Mrazek up with the big club. They are rebuilding. This is what happens when you rebuild. You're not good, usually for a long, long time. Ask Mike Babcock/Herb Brooks about that.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
We look like garbage because we're a mediocre team playing a good team. It happens. They're not not trying. They're trying. They're just not good. Put a squirt team up against a mite team and the mites are gonna look like they're lollygagging. They aren't. They just can't keep up. We can't keep up.

They have Mantha, AA, Bertuzzi, Larkin and Mrazek up with the big club. They are rebuilding. This is what happens when you rebuild. You're not good, usually for a long, long time. Ask Mike Babcock/Herb Brooks about that.
When you're rebuilding, you don't sign players like Helm and Abby to long term contracts.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Why is our best defender siting night in and night out? It is time for trashill to be fired.

PuckDynasty

May 3, 2014
We look like garbage because we're a mediocre team playing a good team. It happens. They're not not trying. They're trying. They're just not good. Put a squirt team up against a mite team and the mites are gonna look like they're lollygagging. They aren't. They just can't keep up. We can't keep up.

When you're rebuilding, you don't sign players like Helm and Abby to long term contracts.

Even if they were on short term contracts, they'd still be on this year's team. It'll be a valid point in 3 or 4 years, but it isn't right now. This is the talent we have as a result of sustained success over the past two decades.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Even if they were on short term contracts, they'd still be on this year's team. It'll be a valid point in 3 or 4 years, but it isn't right now. This is the talent we have as a result of sustained success over the past two decades.

But it clearly shows that management is not rebuilding. Or if they are rebuilding the fact that they consider Abby and Helm part of it shows they are lost as hell.

iDangleDangle

We Like Our Team
Jan 2, 2014
A bar
DeKeyser is playing.

Oh, you mean XO?

Dekeyser has been one of our worst d-men throughout the season. XO is at his best as vanilla as they come.

Your mancrush on DD blinds you: Green has been our #1 AINEC. Ericsson has ironically been the 2nd best with Sproul coming in third despite his limited games played. Rest have ranged from meh to crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad