GDT: Wings @ Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Dekeyser has been one of our worst d-men throughout the season.

Your mancrush on DD blinds you. Green has been our #1 AINEC. Ericsson has ironically been the 2nd best with Sproul being the third with his limited games. Rest have ranged from meh to crap.

Ahahahaha, that's nice. Green has been good, I'm not going to deny that. He hasn't looked real good lately, though.

DeKeyser has struggled a few games this season for sure. But I would bet you a shiny new nickel that anyone else on the team playing those minutes would struggle a lot more.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
See Howie needs to post shutouts when he's in. I don't understand it. Team can't shoot or hit the net when they do. Offense is dropped off a cliff because of a few injuries. pppff

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Dekeyser has been one of our worst d-men throughout the season.

Your mancrush on DD blinds you. Green has been our #1 AINEC. Ericsson has ironically been the 2nd best with Sproul being the third with his limited games. Rest have ranged from meh to crap.

This season:

1) Mike Green (A-) Easily best D this year, maybe our best player.
2) Ryan Sproul (B) Why he still has not re-entered the lineup is a mystery. Wake up coach.
3) Jonathan Ericsson (B) Has actually been decent this year.
4) Xavier Ouellet (C+) Has not stood out, but not the worst D on the team.
5) Alexey Marchenko (C) I've expected more, but he's still an NHL D.
6) Danny Dekeyser (C) Very underwhleming, this guy gets 5 million?
7) Brendan Smith (C-) I'm done with him, such a frustrating player
8) Kronwall (F) Please retire. He's done. He looks terrible.

PuckDynasty

May 3, 2014
But it clearly shows that management is not rebuilding. Or if they are rebuilding the fact that they consider Abby and Helm part of it shows they are lost as hell.

So who would they have if not Abby and Helm? It'd be another Vanek or Ott type of player who wouldn't move the needle either. I don't like the long term deals that Holland has negotiated, but fans are talking out both sides of their *****. Tank, rebuild, but win now. It doesn't work that way.

iDangleDangle

We Like Our Team
Jan 2, 2014
A bar
Ahahahaha, that's nice. Green has been good, I'm not going to deny that. He hasn't looked real good lately, though.

DeKeyser has struggled a few games this season for sure. But I would bet you a shiny new nickel that anyone else on the team playing those minutes would struggle a lot more.

Agreed about the usage point, but I think DD has sucked mightily even if one ignores his matchups/usage. Outlet passes, puck handling, man on man d...he can and has to be so much better.

He is what he is, a solid #3-4 with limited offensive tools. A Green-DDK would be the ideal middle pairing.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Agreed about the usage point, but I think DD has sucked mightily even if one ignores his matchups/usage. Outlet passes, puck handling, man on man d...he can and has to be so much better.

He is what he is, a solid #3-4 with limited offensive tools. A Green-DDK would be the ideal middle pairing.

That's the problem with this team: Top defensive pairing and top forward lines are full of players that should be middle pairing/middle 6.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
This season:

1) Mike Green (A-) Easily best D this year, maybe our best player.
2) Ryan Sproul (B) Why he still has not re-entered the lineup is a mystery. Wake up coach.
3) Jonathan Ericsson (B) Has actually been decent this year.
4) Xavier Ouellet (C+) Has not stood out, but not the worst D on the team.
5) Alexey Marchenko (C) I've expected more, but he's still an NHL D.
6) Danny Dekeyser (C) Very underwhleming, this guy gets 5 million?
7) Brendan Smith (C-) I'm done with him, such a frustrating player
8) Kronwall (F) Please retire. He's done. He looks terrible.

I think Lidstrom coming out of retirement would be an upgrade over Kronwall, lol.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
That's the problem with this team: Top defensive pairing and top forward lines are full of players that should be middle pairing/middle 6.

Ok so what's your plan to get top line players and top-pairing defensemen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad