Pre-Game Talk: Wings @ Flyers 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I'd swap Tats and AA since AA appears to be more of a puckhound than whatever crap Tatar is pulling this season. And it's not like he's Helm or Glendening who can't handle the puck or make a play to save his life.

But otherwise, looks decent.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Lets go boys, in Mantha we trust

10vk0x.jpg

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
If we had beaten Toronto, would we still have called mantha up? If not, I'm kinda happy we lost. The only thing that matters to me is our young players.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Seems like they had Mantha in mind for some time. His play has been excellent this season, and this team badly needs a big forward that can put pucks in the net. Really hope he can hit it off right away.

Whatever happens now Athanasiou and Mantha are getting tons of valuable experience heading into next season. I just wish the same could be said for our defense.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
I think Mantha is going to impress tonight but I don't see us winning. Philly is hungry, we are uninspired. 3-1

Hope I'm wrong though. Think it will be a good one regardless.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I think Mantha brings size, something that can't be taught and that's maybe why Pulkkinen is sitting. Now sitting Jurco had to be hard, seeing how well he's played lately, but that's about as good as I've seen the lines this year.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Trying hard to stay calm about the Lord and Savior they call Mantha, I'm not doing a very good job.

The best by date for overripe in Grand Rapids sure has gotten shorter.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Blashill said the plan is to keep Mantha around long term

I would tend to think with Mantha up with the team now, That it pretty much means that he's with Detroit to stay couldn't see him playing these last 13 games plus maybe a playoff run and then have to fight to make the team next season. He's pretty much here to stay i would think right now.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
If we had beaten Toronto, would we still have called mantha up? If not, I'm kinda happy we lost. The only thing that matters to me is our young players.

I know i was wondering the exact same thing, Had we beaten Toronto would've Holland recalled Mantha it's pretty much hard to say right now just hoping for a good game from him hopefully he will get a goal here tonight.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Net Front on the PP? Slot?

Or unlikely to get any PP time?

I'll never understand why we put people with amazing shots as net front and not in the slot or setting up office like Ovechkin and just launching bombs over and over again. I mean we have people with size who have the net front skillset. Abby, Sheahan. Use them. Don't use Larkin and Mantha and Franzen before his injury in that spot. So annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad