Pre-Game Talk: Wings @ Flyers 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
I'll never understand why we put people with amazing shots as net front and not in the slot or setting up office like Ovechkin and just launching bombs over and over again. I mean we have people with size who have the net front skillset. Abby, Sheahan. Use them. Don't use Larkin and Mantha and Franzen before his injury in that spot. So annoying.

I'm just going by Red Wings protocol. I'm in the same boat. I just know Big Tony is a big body and the Wings need more crashing and legit goalie screening. I'd love to see more blasting from the slot and quicker shooting. So sick of pass pass up quality shot pass pass turn puck over / settle for worse and rushed shot.

skate skate skate

Apr 6, 2014
Europe
Oh my, those lines are beautiful! And Mantha getting PP time in his first game? This sure have been a strange season, regarding rookies. Mantha, D-Boss, AA, Marchy; four rookies on the roaster at the same time.

So, heard Wings haven't won in Philly in ~20 years? :amazed: That's crazy! I take it we don't match up well against Philly?

...?

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
I'll never understand why we put people with amazing shots as net front and not in the slot or setting up office like Ovechkin and just launching bombs over and over again. I mean we have people with size who have the net front skillset. Abby, Sheahan. Use them. Don't use Larkin and Mantha and Franzen before his injury in that spot. So annoying.

Yeah, but he also has that amazing reach with his stick. I don't watch a ton of Grand Rapids, but I can remember more than a few plays he's made around the net using his long reach.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I don't want to get my hopes up for tonight but you can't expect another clunker of an effort tonight with the new blood in the lineup. Even if Mantha doesn't make an impact on the score sheet, he's a new face and hopefully a shot in the arm. Guys like Larkin and AA have been positive additions to the lineup. Hopefully Mantha does the same. You really want to see this team play with some urgency.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I'm thinking the team makes a statement tonight.
6-1 Wings. Mantha with 2. Larkin AA, Nyquist and Glendening with goals as well. Mrazek 37 saves. Almost a shutout but Mrazek let's a squeaker in with ~2 to go.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Despite what some may think, there's an abundant amount of skill in the top 9. It's remarkable our offense sucks so bad.

C'mon Mantha, be the savior we need you to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad