GDT: Wings @ flyers 1:00 pm et 2/16/19

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
To be fair, it’s hard to properly use AA when he’s out at center. Our center depth is so bad.

Well, he wasn’t playing wing for most of the game, so...

He started at center, but, he ended up playing wing for Glendening and Helm. Natural Stat Trick has him playing almost exclusively as wing on the Glendening line, and that was my memory too... So, he was actually playing wing for almost all of the game...

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Meh...we're not going to out tank New Jersey, LA, or Ottawa.
They had an opportunity earlier in the season to move players like Nyquist, Howard and Jensen, but continue to keep them around. This roster should have been gutted when it was obvious early on they weren't going to make the playoffs. Players like Abdelkader, Daley and Helm should have been sent to Grand Rapids to make room for more kids (or bought out).

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
There's a certain assistant GM that famously came out and said nearly that...

And there’s a certain coach who literally said he does care while a certain player said himself that he sees himself cruising when he watches tape but literally doesn’t realize he’s doing it while he’s in the game.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
And there’s a certain coach who literally said he does care while a certain player said himself that he sees himself cruising when he watches tape but literally doesn’t realize he’s doing it while he’s in the game.

That doesn't matter when you said its just a bunch of fans. Devellano ripped into Mantha when he was in the AHL for his low energy/non-competitive play.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
He started at center, but, he ended up playing wing for Glendening and Helm. Natural Stat Trick has him playing almost exclusively as wing on the Glendening line, and that was my memory too... So, he was actually playing wing for almost all of the game...

Fair enough. Either way, we know he’s not a capable cente and it looks like a reach to call out anyone for their plus/minus in this game.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Fair enough. Either way, we know he’s not a capable cente and it looks like a reach to call out anyone for their plus/minus in this game.
AA wasn't especially engaged in any of the three goals he was on the ice for. Especially the first and 3rd goals he was on the ice for. He just gives up in the defensive zone too often.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
That doesn't matter when you said its just a bunch of fans. Devellano ripped into Mantha when he was in the AHL for his low energy/non-competitive play.

Lol, my first memory of Jimmy D was him saying something to the effect of “we’ll get back to contending some day.” Then we won the Cup less than 2 years later. He’s a character.

Meanwhile, the guy actually coaching the kid was saying that he literally does care.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Lol, my first memory of Jimmy D was him saying something to the effect of “we’ll get back to contending some day.” Then we won the Cup less than 2 years later. He’s a character.

Meanwhile, the guy actually coaching the kid was saying that he literally does care.
Jimmy D is the crazy uncle of the Wings organization. 99% of the time you ignore the crazy shit he says.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Jimmy D is the crazy uncle of the Wings organization. 99% of the time you ignore the crazy **** he says.
lol...Yes He's from a different generation all right, but understand that's when players stayed in the minors until they lost their bad habits

Last edited:

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
I think the thing with him is he's meant to be the bad cop in the organization. Especially for the amount of rope he's given.
I see what you mean. It's kind of unusual that role is played by someone high on the totem pole.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I was there.

What a wide range of emotions.

"Meh. #LoseForHughes"

"OMG WHAT A COMEBACK! I WANT TO WIN NOW! LOVE BEATING THE FLYERS!"

"f***!! MEANINGLESS POINT THAT HURTS THE TANK!!! Wish we would have never tied it."

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
That was a killer pass on that goal. This has been my first chance to really see him play this year. I work 3-midnight and live in STL. I didn't bother buying center ice since I would never be home to watch the games.
Center ice and a PVR would work, unless you mean gamecenter live. I leveraged my lack of cell phone contract and understanding of customer relationship management modules into getting center ice for free. Hard to explain, but you need to know they record everything so make your demands clear and eventually someone will slip up and offer something they shouldn't have.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
after the first two periods, i was just about to turn it off. But since i was cooking at the same time and had the laptop standing in the kitchen, i just left it there...in the third period, my kitchen turned into a mess, this was such a rollercoaster :D

really fun game. Mantha didn't really do anything except for those tips, but both were pretty

AA had a good game despite his -3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad