Pre-Game Talk: Wings @ Flames 9 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Calgary's struggling bad, we really need to take advantage of that. I predict that Gaudreau-Monahan-Hudler will create a lot of problems for us so we need to win all the other matchups.

No excuses, we have to win this one.

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
Hoping that a struggling team like Calgary can really get this team going (ie everyone minus the 1st line). Need to stay out of the box, get the PP rolling and I'd like to see us consistenly outshoot an opponent and play a solid defensive game. LGRW!

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
let's battle hard and focus on team execution. lets get this negative energy out the way

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Things I would like to see:
1)Start ON TIME, this has been a huge issue. Come out flying early.
2)More shots on net. Last game too many were blocked or missed the net.
3)A powerplay goal, not being too fancy on the PP and shooting when there is a lane, looking for a deflection/rebound.
4) More than 2 goals.

If we accomplish all this, we should win. I really hope the Wings are ready to play. If they blow this game too, the panic in Red Wings land will only increase.

After saying all this, I honestly don't expect any of that to happen. I see us coming out flat again, and being down 2-0 by the midway point, only to start rallying late in the game. 4-2 Flames win with an empty netter.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Hoping that a struggling team like Calgary can really get this team going (ie everyone minus the 1st line). Need to stay out of the box, get the PP rolling and I'd like to see us consistenly outshoot an opponent and play a solid defensive game. LGRW!

They are saying the exact same thing against us.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
They are saying the exact same thing against us.
Yup. Both teams really need a win, so at least one fanbase will feel a little better about themselves tomorrow.
With another back-to-back situation though, it's no good for us to lose tonight and risk falling to 3-5 by going in tired against Vancouver.

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
Yup. Both teams really need a win, so at least one fanbase will feel a little better about themselves tomorrow.
With another back-to-back situation though, it's no good for us to lose tonight and risk falling to 3-5 by going in tired against Vancouver.

Exactly..and I mean it's not like our team on paper is terrible. Our on ice product has been very very underwhelming so far. If this team can get clicking they undoubtedly should be pushing for the upper spots in the East. We have 2 solid goalies, some great young talent in our forwards..really my only doubt or concern has and is the defense. If we can have our goalies and fowards playing smart and busting *** I don't see any reason why they can't be a great/hard team to play against. Maybe my homerism is making me feel this way, but I don't think they can play any worse than they have been, only direction is up!!! LGRW!!

bgkennedy19

Jan 24, 2011
I'm heading to the game. Hope to see them realize the game starts at the beginning of the 1st period.
Excited to see Larkin up close.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Ugh, Hate Luke on the Wing and Joker in. Would much rather have Jurco on that 3rd line and Stone Hands Luke between Miller and Lando.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad