GDT: Wings @ Devils - 1:00 PM - MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
We played without 1A C, without 1B C, without our best defensive defenseman. And were really unlucky. I will not say "goalie" because Hammond was good. Too bad we didn`t score and loose, but Mercer and Sharangovich looks good today, Okhotiuk looks good today.

Of course we need to change the course. But every player I want to play good today, did play good. May be want to see more from Hamilton, but for now I`m not goin to panic before he will recover more.

I like Bastian game, Boqvist game. Devils have enough talent, this summer Fitzy will add more on the draft. And I hope he will find new real working goalie somehow, I don`t know how. And coaches ofcourse. Other than that... I`m not goin to worry.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Hamiltons crap play is the last thing I’m worried about .
I’m worried about us being a bottom 5 team yet again .
I’m worried the same shit happens next season.
First Fitz has to get a starting goalie . An actual legit true #1 . Don’t care if he overpays . Just get a damn goalie . Not his fault but now he has to put his big boy pants on and go to work .
That and get forwards that are not soft as shit . Players that show some emotion and show they give a shit. Try running someone through the boards if we need some momentum . Players that will take a hit to get the puck out of their zone. None of this cute spin off a check and hope to chip the puck past the forechecker . I’m so done with those guys like Tatar Johnson and Zacha . Get done one who shows they give a shit and are willing to pay the price to win
Simply with average goaltending this team will not be a bottom-5 team next season, so that first step you mention should help tremendously and will obviously be Fitz's top priority, I doubt he overpays though.

As for your wish for tough to play against players, Fitz is pretty much on record saying he wants to add some strength/sand paper/interior guys to the lineup. I have a feeling most of your wishes will come true. Fitz has shown too be very active during the off-season. Doubt it'll be any different this summer.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
We played without 1A C, without 1B C, without our best defensive defenseman. And were really unlucky. I will not say "goalie" because Hammond was good. Too bad we didn`t score and loose, but Mercer and Sharangovich looks good today, Okhotiuk looks good today.

Of course we need to change the course. But every player I want to play good today, did play good. May be want to see more from Hamilton, but for now I`m not goin to panic before he will recover more.

I like Bastian game, Boqvist game. Devils have enough talent, this summer Fitzy will add more on the draft. And I hope he will find new real working goalie somehow, I don`t know how. And coaches ofcourse. Other than that... I`m not goin to worry.
You could essentially have said this the past 5 seasons just copy and paste a couple different players names .
I have been thinking this fur the last 3 seasons and nothing really changes . It’s getting more than old now . It’s time to start winning

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Don’t forget they were also missing their steady 3C.

Reactions: nugg

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I don’t know how you could not be at least a little bit concerned about Hamilton. If his other injury (not the jaw) is really affecting him he should not be playing.

Playing with that shield is annoying but he’s probably played with one for half his life. Most of these skilled guys don’t even look down at the puck when it’s on their stick anyway.

He’s supposed to be a leader out there and helping us to get out of this rut. He looks like crap, slow, lazy disinterested play, piss poor shot selection and decisions with the puck. He’s not making one difference at all being in the lineup.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019

76A27515-B129-4FD1-A26B-48B2E793D705.png

Neither Bastian or Boqvist were good.

Reactions: Blender

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
I don’t know how you could not be at least a little bit concerned about Hamilton. If his other injury (not the jaw) is really affecting him he should not be playing.

Playing with that shield is annoying but he’s probably played with one for half his life. Most of these skilled guys don’t even look down at the puck when it’s on their stick anyway.

He’s supposed to be a leader out there and helping us to get out of this rut. He looks like crap, slow, lazy disinterested play, piss poor shot selection and decisions with the puck. He’s not making one difference at all being in the lineup.
It only gets worse as the years will click by

Reactions: mdj12784 and JK3

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hamiltons crap play is the last thing I’m worried about .
I’m worried about us being a bottom 5 team yet again .
I’m worried the same shit happens next season.
First Fitz has to get a starting goalie . An actual legit true #1 . Don’t care if he overpays . Just get a damn goalie . Not his fault but now he has to put his big boy pants on and go to work .
That and get forwards that are not soft as shit . Players that show some emotion and show they give a shit. Try running someone through the boards if we need some momentum . Players that will take a hit to get the puck out of their zone. None of this cute spin off a check and hope to chip the puck past the forechecker . I’m so done with those guys like Tatar Johnson and Zacha . Get done one who shows they give a shit and are willing to pay the price to win
He needs to get a real goalie (I can't wait for Flaccid Wood to play a couple good games and everybody thinks he's back. Oh actually, or he plays his usual shit self the last two years and it's ''He's still injured! First game in three months!'') and the staff goes unsaid.

BOTH of these things go unsaid.

Zacha shouldn't be here next year. He's really getting to have overstayed his welcome.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
What is this team good at ? Seriously aside from being super young and having a few good players. I swear these games make it feel like there is no hope sometimes. I get it we are injured but holy shit. A player like Hamilton who we overpaid to get comes here and his play level dips from what he was doing previous years. We are running out of excuses. Fitzgerald better make some moves this offseason but his first.move should be to get rid of Ruff. All of these other teams fired their bum coaching staff and instantly saw better results after the change up. Our fan base deserves better. 1 playoff appearance since our cup run a decade ago , we are down there with the Sabres when it comes to joke of the last decade. People just pity this organization because it was good for a long stretch before bottoming out again.

Even when Gillies and Hammond give us good games in goal we find a way to lose. The goaltending has been awful this year but the players always fold under pressure. This team f***ING SUCKS.

Reactions: mdj12784

My3Sons

Sponsor

Neither should Blackwood but how long did they run him out there? In Hamilton’s case I think you have to recall he probably lost weight strength and conditioning during his recovery and that will take a while to rebuild. The cage also cuts down on peripheral vision which makes you much slower Since you can’t anticipate until the play is much closer.

Reactions: nugg and JK3

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm not at all excited to see Blackwood for 2 of the last 3 games. I'm way over him.

You hear that @Zachas Final Third? Good enough for you? Party at your place? Just you and me I guess?;):cool::DD

And the broadcast pumps it up like we were getting Jack Hughes back.

Yes, one of the biggest underperformers of the year comes back for 2 of the last 3 games of the season. Big whoop.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
You didn’t really watch then
I did, and the data backs up they weren’t good. This isn’t shit randomly pulled out of thin air. There’s a reason the eye test sucks because some people have a natural bias towards certain players bad or good, and can’t see when they are playing well or like shit.

They weren’t good.

Reactions: Bosskarelli

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
You could essentially have said this the past 5 seasons just copy and paste a couple different players names .
I have been thinking this fur the last 3 seasons and nothing really changes . It’s getting more than old now . It’s time to start winning
Of course. But Nico, Jack and Bratt are on the new level. Sharangovich play very good. This is what goin on on the rebuild. I don`t know who did expect really more. I was thinking with Bernier and Blackwood Devils are 82 pts team. We didn`t have them. Devils lost a lot of games because of goaltending. With avarage goaltending this was win\lose team. Without it - what we did have. I think team was playing on the level I did expect and even more. I didn`t thought Jack will make that huge step. And Bratt too.
Stop crying, you must understand everything because you are watching the game. This is not a thing you did heardd on the radio or watching on the news from a man or woman words. Players, who are the core, play good game. ANd they are very young.
Btw Colorado were much worser team with bad goaltending. And they made huge step, when Varlamov was heal and NM made huge step. They didn`t sign big names from the market. Everything Devils needs to win they have. Only lack of good goaltender. And coaches, who will help with fixing different aspects of the game.

Ruff isn`t the coach who have keys to win the modern game. But he knows the hockey game. And it`s a BULLSHIT that he didn`t help to young players to adapt and learn the NHL hockey game. He just cann`t teach how to win. I think they need to find a new one to teach them. But I can`t say that Ruff didn`t give sonething to this guys. Even Nico looking as a much better version of him.

Growth is a process in which people grow until they finally grow up.

My3Sons

Sponsor
I did, and the data backs up they weren’t good. This isn’t shit randomly pulled out of thin air. There’s a reason the eye test sucks because some people have a natural bias towards certain players bad or good, and can’t see when they are playing well or like shit.

They weren’t good.
Nobody was more than meh today with the exception of the goalie to my eyes. A game score chart that says Zacha was positive doesn’t tell me much.

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada

They weren’t good.
Clearly your shitty chart doesn’t award any points for winning all 1vs1 board battles, blocking shots and generally giving a shit. In Nates case the offside goal probably would have moved him to the plus side. People who don’t know what to watch for in these games default to these charts and swear they are law

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
View attachment 535092
Neither Bastian or Boqvist were good.
yeah. this is the only how hockey works. agree. Like "safe Johnsson, Tatar is great hockey player" etc.
As allways,

Positive Zacha impact. I really like it. This is how isolated stats works. They convince the person who wants to be convinced, do not convince the person who wants not to believe in them, and sometimes amuse.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons and nugg

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Obviously missed the breakaway but Zacha wasn't horrible. I'd go so far as to say Hammond and Bahl were our best players. Our worst I'd go with Hamilton and Johnsson. Johnsson was horrific. Foote needs to be assertive, he's big but plays small. (This is all in person eye test)

Reactions: HersheyBob27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad