Confirmed with Link: Wings claim Olli Juolevi off waivers from Florida

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Man, I got crucified on the Detroit Red Wings Subreddit when I wrote that he is not gonna do anything for us. People were howling about how high he was picked in the draft, and that he is still so young and can develop so much.

Give it a month or 2 for them to realize. There is more than just reading his stats on eliteprospects and reading draft reports from years and years ago.
Reddit? Lord. The annoying facebook group I belong to is better for Red Wings discussions than Reddit.

Reactions: WF19 and Killerjas

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
He is what a I expected. Softish player who makes soft passes and soft dumpouts. He doesn't skate well or defend well enough to be in this league from what we see from him.

Reactions: Metalwood

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
How many games has he played for us now?

I try to follow him on the ice, but I don't always find him.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
In addition to every 3rd pass of his getting picked off, he’s got Rasmussenitis. I’ve seen him fall down 3 separate times with no one else around him and it’s been 3 games. There’s a disconnect between Juolevi’s brain and feet.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
In addition to every 3rd pass of his getting picked off, he’s got Rasmussenitis. I’ve seen him fall down 3 separate times with no one else around him and it’s been 3 games. There’s a disconnect between Juolevi’s brain and feet.

The turnovers have been glaring But yzerman needed a warm body to finish the year. Might as well take a shot on someone with pedigree and hope you can tap into some potential

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
The turnovers have been glaring But yzerman needed a warm body to finish the year. Might as well take a shot on someone with pedigree and hope you can tap into some potential

That's basically it. And it was expected he would be a bit rusty. But man. He looks pretty bad. Hopefully playing regularly down the stretch gets him on track, but if it doesn't I'm not sure this kid is even NHL-caliber. For now he's nothing but filler.

Metalwood

Sep 30, 2021
So how is Ollie working out? To think we passed over Tcachuck for this tomato can still makes my blood boil

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
So how is Ollie working out? To think we passed over Tcachuck for this tomato can still makes my blood boil
He was picked up solely to be a warm body and cover a potential roster hole in the lead-up to the trade deadline. I don't see any way this kid has a future in Detroit. Seems like injuries really sapped his career, which sucks for him as well as you guys who hoped for better when he was drafted (before the injuries).

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Hasn't done much, doubt he gets re-signed. Wallman has been better and I'm not sure he gets signed either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad