Confirmed with Link: Wings claim Olli Juolevi off waivers from Florida

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
No risk move...probably better than half of our Defensemen. Should be a shot across the bow to those in the lineup.

Reactions: briggzee1

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
I think it's pretty simple - at the end of this season, the Wings entire left side will be made up on exactly... Jordan Oesterle and a massive glut of rookies with zero experience (Edvinsson, McIssac, Wallinder, Johansson, Sebrango, etc. etc.).

We know that not all out of LD Prospects are going to magically step into roles with the big club right out of training camp, so adding in a guy like Juolevi who is young (23), has upside (6th OA), plays a well-rounded, calm defensive game, and has some experience spread over the last few season....seems like a no brainer

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I mean, even if he isn't great he is probably better than any of our D-men except for Seider, Hronek, and Leddy. COVID really derailed his path to the NHL, he has 39 points in 56 AHL games and he's only played 33 games at the NHL level. Scouting reports indicate he uses his size and isn't overly physical, but is a good puck controller and skater. Sounds like a good fit with our D. Seider-Leddy, Hronek-Lindstrom, Juolevi-Staal. Taking Dekeyser and Oesterle off the defense automatically makes it better!

It also looks like he's been injured a lot and hasn't been able to get the conditioning he needs. The kid can never get in game shape before getting benched or hurt.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Literally nothing but positive. If he is good, free asset. If he sucks, drop him. This is how you come up.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I mean, even if he isn't great he is probably better than any of our D-men except for Seider, Hronek, and Leddy. COVID really derailed his path to the NHL, he has 39 points in 56 AHL games and he's only played 33 games at the NHL level. Scouting reports indicate he uses his size and isn't overly physical, but is a good puck controller and skater. Sounds like a good fit with our D.
He's Leddy's trade deadline replacement. And let's just say going from Leddy to Juolevi is going to be jarring from a puck moving standpoint.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad