Confirmed with Link: Wings claim D Cody Goloubef

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Now there is a name I haven't heard in a while. My fingers are crossed that we have some trades brewing.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I don't get it. Just call up McIlrath if you want a borderline NHL RHD

The organization needs a body if they plan (hope?) to unload green and/or Daly. Also, Mlive posted a piece regarding the potential call up of Seider. Kahn said they want to limit disruptions to the Griffins playoff push as much as possible.

Goloubef is organizational depth/insurance.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
I want to believe but that seems like wishful thinking.

What would anyone give up for Green or Daley? And Green still has a 10 team modified NTC and Daley a 15 team NTC so they could make it pretty difficult if they wanted.

I know Daley has expressed interest in playing for a contender but Green strikes me as a guy who'd be happy to coast out the season half-assing games and collecting his paycheck rather than getting banged up for no extra pay in the postseason.

I'm unsure of Green and Daleys trade value, but rumors suggest Washington is interested in Green. In the past Green has expressed interest in returning there as well. So I don't think Green to WSH is wishful thinking at all. In fact, I think it's a done deal and will happen before the TDL.

As for Daley, all it takes is 1 GM to see him as a cheap depth option.

Will these guys fetch 1st round picks? No, not at all.
But 3rd for Green / 5th for Daley. I could see it.

We overrate prospect value and underrate vet depth as fans. I could be wrong but I think both Green and Daley will be traded here soon.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Red Wings - "We're going to have to play Ericsson."
League - "That's an emergency! You can call up anyone you want."

That's literally the glass half full approach to Ericsson finishing the year on the NHL roster. They can tell the league he's questionable and give every NHL contracted Dman in GR a look at the NHL level without burning regular call ups.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I don't get it. Just call up McIlrath if you want a borderline NHL RHD

By all accounts it sounds like Yzerman doesn't want to derail GR's playoff hopes for the sake of icing a full NHL line up after he likely dumps Daley and Green in the next few days.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I want to believe but that seems like wishful thinking.

What would anyone give up for Green or Daley? And Green still has a 10 team modified NTC and Daley a 15 team NTC so they could make it pretty difficult if they wanted.

I know Daley has expressed interest in playing for a contender but Green strikes me as a guy who'd be happy to coast out the season half-assing games and collecting his paycheck rather than getting banged up for no extra pay in the postseason.

Broken/old/bad/pylon/etc. guys like McQuaid and Lovejoy moved at last years years deadline for a 5th and 3rd respectively.

Green seems to be picky about his destination, but it sounds like the Caps are interested, and he never even wanted to leave there. If they're indeed interested and the only team that is, Yzerman would probably take whatever he can get for him at 50% retention.

Same goes for Daley. Whatever they can get for 50% retained.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I'm unsure of Green and Daleys trade value, but rumors suggest Washington is interested in Green. In the past Green has expressed interest in returning there as well. So I don't think Green to WSH is wishful thinking at all. In fact, I think it's a done deal and will happen before the TDL.

As for Daley, all it takes is 1 GM to see him as a cheap depth option.

Will these guys fetch 1st round picks? No, not at all.
But 3rd for Green / 5th for Daley. I could see it.

We overrate prospect value and underrate vet depth as fans. I could be wrong but I think both Green and Daley will be traded here soon.

Broken/old/bad/pylon/etc. guys like McQuaid and Lovejoy moved at last years years deadline for a 5th and 3rd respectively.

Green seems to be picky about his destination, but it sounds like the Caps are interested, and he never even wanted to leave there. If they're indeed interested and the only team that is, Yzerman would probably take whatever he can get for him at 50% retention.

Same goes for Daley. Whatever they can get for 50% retained.

I really want you guys to be right so I choose to agree and believe you. :D

Reactions: MoritzSeiderAtSix

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I really want you guys to be right so I choose to agree and believe you. :D

It sounds like Daley isn't interested in re-signing, and Khan doesn't think Yzerman would be interested in extending Green, so both can go to the highest bidder at this point. And given some of guys we've seen move in past deadlines, these guys will have at least a team or two interested if not more.

Daley probably goes to a playoff team to be a depth Dman and Cup winning locker room presence. Green probably goes to a playoff team as sheltered offense from the 3rd pair and PP.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Olympic Bronze winner Cody Golobrouf. (I spelled his last name from memory, A+ I'd say)

I thought it was this guy:

1474367534-shia-labeouf-even-stevens.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad