Confirmed with Link: Wings Buy Out Final 3 Years of Weiss' Contract

Avery Rule

Jun 1, 2010
Bah I dont know how to embed the tweets in post lol but hey, this must mean something good will happen eh?

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Very excited for this. I was a huge fan of the move when we first signed Weiss. I'm even more thrilled that we're getting rid of him.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
I know this will be met with mixed responses but I am not a fan of this move unless we make a couple big signings/trades in FA. The Wings were not hurting for cap space this coming season so keeping Weiss on the books for another season only took up a roster spot. Now we will be dealing with the remnants of Weiss' battered time here longer than he was even signed for. I am not really a Weiss supporter, but these are longer-lasting ramifications than necessary.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
kinda against this since i don't see the Wings doing anything useful with the money and think he could have rebounded under a new coach,he wasn't so bad last year really Babcock really held him back with his usage of him

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Goes to show you how wrong Helen St. James is. Writes an entire article about how Weiss will be back next year for another attempt at redemption then a week later Weiss is bought out.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
kinda against this since i don't see the Wings doing anything useful with the money and think he could have rebounded under a new coach,he wasn't so bad last year really Babcock really held him back with his usage of him

Wings need roster spots for waiver exempt players. I really think that's what it is.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site

In total over his 2 years in Detroit he played 78 games and scored 40 points.... considering his role and ice time. Not horrible.

Drew Stafford just scored 43 points last year and got multi year deal at 4.3M

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Goes to show you how wrong Helen St. James is. Writes an entire article about how Weiss will be back next year for another attempt at redemption then a week later Weiss is bought out.

In her defense, I doubt Ken Holland knew this one week ago. Talks must have heated up with one or two of the free agents IMO.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
In her defense, I doubt Ken Holland knew this one week ago. Talks must have heated up with one or two of the free agents IMO.

No, she just never has any insider information. People need to stop taking her articles seriously.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
So much for all that second chance with Blashill talk.

Oh well, thanks Weiss. You tried. Now we'll just have the memory of your buyout cap hit for years to recall the good times.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: