Prospect Info: Wings at the WJC

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I have a feeling Mazur and Savage will be fighting over a couple of the same fourth line spots so we may only see one go. Mazur has been on fire lately so hopefully that helps him.

Cossa is a lock on Canada (already made the team) and Sebrango is a front runner but not quite a lock. He owuld have to have a pretty bad camp to not make it.

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Finland: Viro should make it again.
Sweden: Edvinsson, LDN (maybe?), Theo should make it again, Wallinder (maybe?).

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Didn’t some people think Clarke’s skating was a bit of a concern at draft time? Maybe that had something to do with his failure to be included. But then he was on the team last year. Hmmm!!!

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Savage will be eligible next year as well. Even if he fails to make the cut this year (and I could certainly see him carving out a role for himself- he wore the "C" at the U18s after all), I'm pretty confident he's on the team next year.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Didn’t some people think Clarke’s skating was a bit of a concern at draft time? Maybe that had something to do with his failure to be included. But then he was on the team last year. Hmmm!!!

In the main prospect board there's a tweet from the GM of Canada stating that it was defensive inconsistencies.

Smells like bullshit.

Reactions: golffuul

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
In the main prospect board there's a tweet from the GM of Canada stating that it was defensive inconsistencies.

Smells like bullshit.

Maybe they read all the breakdowns on his skating mechanics and now get physically ill when watching him play hockey.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

Smells like bullshit.

Sometimes it is what it is.
What do you think the real reason is if not what the actual people making the selection says it is?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Sometimes it is what it is.
What do you think the real reason is if not what the actual people making the selection says it is?

I haven’t watched as much of Clarke this season as I did during his draft year, but I have a problem believing it’s because he’s poor defensively. Yes he is an offensive D but not in a way where he’s a liability. I think it’s more reputation than anything. Or the team picking role players over the best players.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I haven’t watched as much of Clarke this season as I did during his draft year, but I have a problem believing it’s because he’s poor defensively. Yes he is an offensive D but not in a way where he’s a liability. I think it’s more reputation than anything.
so they’re lying…because?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
so they’re lying…because?

I’m not accusing them of flat out lying. I’m accusing the GM and coach of making a poor selection based on bias. “Offensive D can’t defend”. And “Need moar grit”

Can you really tell me GRG’s Sebrango is better than Clarke?

Edit: Also blaming it on poor talent assessment.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Clarke was 2-5-7 in 7 games last year. I think he is at least as good as Cormier defensively. I wonder if he wanted to be guaranteed a spot and Hockey Canada refused.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Clarke was 2-5-7 in 7 games last year. I think he is at least as good as Cormier defensively. I wonder if he wanted to be guaranteed a spot and Hockey Canada refused.

You have said this twice now and it has been wrong both times. Brandt Clarke was not on the team last year. He was on the World Under 18 team which is not the U-20 World Junior Team. They are completely different tournaments with a huge difference in skill level.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Reading between the lines, the Clarke situation seems partly political between LA Kings management and Hockey Canada higher ups with a little bit of philosophical differences based on play style added in. I read an interview with LA's Director of Amateur scouting and he was basically going off about this "snub". So there's definitely some beef there. Oh well, I was not a Clarke fan so it feels good man! In all seriousness it sucks for the kid this year, but on the bright side, he's for sure there next year or he's playing in the NHL, so a win win for him.

Sweden selection is supposed to be announced Dec 8th. For sure Teddy, Simon and WW will be there. Hopefully LDN sneaks in as a 13th or 14th. Rosters are 25 players again this year. Perhaps same situation with Mazur and Savage, maybe Mazur makes 4th line and Savage is along for the learning experience as the 14th.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
You have said this twice now and it has been wrong both times. Brandt Clarke was not on the team last year. He was on the World Under 18 team which is not the U-20 World Junior Team. They are completely different tournaments with a huge difference in skill level.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
You are correct. I mistook that tourney for the world juniors. My apologies and thanks for straightening me out

Reactions: Go Wings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad