Pre-Game Talk: Wings at Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 15m
Wings on ice for practice. Everybody who played in Montreal is skating, plus Bertuzzi and Andersson.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 2m
Lines shuffled a bit in practice: Datsyuk centering Franzen and Abdelkader, Sheahan is with Nyquist and Tatar.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1m
Legwand centering Helm and Alfredsson. Glendening with Miller and Jurco. Andersson rotating in. Bertuzzi rotating in with top six.

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 2m
Now Legwand is skating with Glendening and Miller. Andersson and Jurco rotating in with Helm and Alfredsson. Lots of juggling in bottom six.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Nyquist-Datsyuk-Franzen
Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco
Abdelkader-Legwand-Alfredsson
Miller-Helm-Glendening

Make it happen Babs

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1m
First power play unit has Datsyuk, Franzen, Nyquist, Legwand and Kronwall. Second unit has Sheahan, Tatar, Jurco, Alfredsson, DeKeyser.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Ugh. I hate Abdelkader with Datsyuk. The only time Abdelkader has looked like a legit top 6 grinder was the short stint that he played with Zetterberg and Nyquist. And as we have all come to find out, he wasn't driving that bus.

We lost one freaking game (the 2nd game of a back-to-back in Montreal) after winning 4 straight. Why blow it up?

skinneh

#FireHolland
Jul 17, 2009
Winnipeg
Ugh. I hate Abdelkader with Datsyuk. The only time Abdelkader has looked like a legit top 6 grinder was the short stint that he played with Zetterberg and Nyquist. And as we have all come to find out, he wasn't driving that bus.

We lost one freaking game (the 2nd game of a back-to-back in Montreal) after winning 4 straight. Why blow it up?

Agreed. Switch Abs and Jurco.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011

Same here. Jurco's more talented and physical enough. If you're bumping him off the Sheahan line for to move Nyquist down, don't bury him with Glendening and Miller.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Jurco-Sheahan-Tats was starting to get a little stale imo...Jurco inparticular hasn't been all that impressive recently...probably should head back down to GR soon.

I'd like to see...

Franzen-Datsyuk-Alfredsson
Tatar-Sheahan-Nyquist
Helm-Legwand-Abdelkader
Miller-Glendening-Jurco/Andersson

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Abdelkader on the top line again.

Doc-Rivers.gif

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I will be at this game, so hopefully the Wings win big!

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
Abdelkader on the top line again.

Doc-Rivers.gif

I honestly think Datsyuk likes playing with him and asks for him as a linemate. It's the only explanation, really.

That said I don't hate the lines, but that's just because I love seeing Nyquist with Tatar and Sheahan. Jurco will be good, but it's no coincidence he's the only minus player out of the four of the kids. He might end up the best, but he's the furthest from his ceiling still. I would like to see Jurco with Datsyuk, though... he can basically do what Abdelkader does but with more skill.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I would like to see Jurco with Datsyuk, though... he can basically do what Abdelkader does but with more skill.

I've never really thought about it like that, but that is completely right.

Plus, considering Jurco's potential of being a point producer as well, it just makes sense to put him with Datsyuk. He plays just as "heavy" as Abdelkader does too.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I've never really thought about it like that, but that is completely right.

Plus, considering Jurco's potential of being a point producer as well, it just makes sense to put him with Datsyuk. He plays just as "heavy" as Abdelkader does too.

He played with Datsyuk for a stretch earlier this season. I believe the line was Jurco-Datsyuk-Alfredsson, and IIRC, the line looked pretty good.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Teams rarely (if ever) have to actually hit that magic number to make it in.

We hold our own destiny. Jersey basically has to keep winning AND hope either us or Columbus start losing.

Yeah. If we beat Buffalo and Carolina, which should be winnable games (knock on wood) that should be enough to get us in. Columbus could bump us down to 2nd wildcard spot potentially, but 4 more points should be enough to make it. Not mathematically (yet), but realistically, assuming NJ can't go perfect the rest of the way.

I think both Calgary and Ottawa could beat New Jersey. Wouldn't be shocked if either of those games resulted in a regulation loss for the Devils.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007

NyquistIsMyGod*

Abdelkader is a serviceable top six player. With this team healthy-ish, I don't like it. Abdelkader plays very well with Zetterberg, who is out. I really think he should be on the third line. Datsyuk needs someone who can play with the puck and who can shoot right now.

If Zetterberg was here, I'd be fine with

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Abdelkader
Franzen-Datsyuk-Alfredsson
Sheahan-Legwand-Tatar
Miller-Glendening-Helm
Jurco

but Z's not here.. Obviously. Abby's game isn't right for an injured Dats.

Matte99

May 23, 2010
Stockholm
To me it looked like Nyquist and Datsyuk didnt work well together so I would prefer seeing them on different lines.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
To me it looked like Nyquist and Datsyuk didnt work well together so I would prefer seeing them on different lines.

Great sample size. Datsyuk's been back two games and spent, what - 2-3 periods with Nyquist?

I'm not suggesting that they have to play together, but I'd certainly take it over playing Datsyuk with Abdelkader. Put Datsyuk with any 2 of Helm, Alfie, or Jurco if you want to spread the wealth. Abdelkader doesn't do anything for Datsyuk. And I don't buy for a second that "he requests to play with him."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad