GDT: Wings at Penguins- 2/11/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
But the score wasn't 5-4 because of the goalie. Because he made some great saves, unlike tonight. 3 out of the 4 were not his fault. But he's not making the big saves. And that's what the defense does to the goalies on the Red Wings on a nightly basis. Some opportunities are just more than others from a game to game basis.

You just can't include or exclude the goalie on a whim. Mrazek is the last line of what the Wings ice as a defense. The score was 4-1 Wings. It should have been 4-1 Wings. With your logic, you could easily say "it could have been 8-5 Wings!" if you are counting every single great opportunity as a sure goal. But that's what the goalie is for.

I disagree, I think the Islanders had a few chances that were more luck than Mrazek, but the point is that 4-1 makes it seem like the Wings dominated. They didn't. They capitalized, but the Islanders were in it the whole time.

Dynheart

Aug 21, 2011
Gotta beat these teams. Montreal, Pittsburgh, Boston, Tampa... They are teams that are more important to beat than all the Western powerhouses and the Wings seem to have trouble with them.

But they don't have trouble with the top teams in the west. So...../shrug

Actual Thought*

Wow, they beat Colorado, Buffalo twice, the Panthers, Wild, Sens and Coyotes. 7/10 against teams that at very least aren't playoff caliber and all save the Panthers are bottom feeders. Sorry if I actually expected them to win those 7. Their last 3 games in that period against the Islanders, Bolts and Nucks were anywhere from decent to disasters.
Mrazek melted down against Tampa. They smoked the islanders. I don't like that they are flat tonight but it is a fact that they lose less than almost anyone. It is just one game out of 82. Some nights teams just don't have it. The Pens have lost more times than we have.

Dynheart

Aug 21, 2011
I disagree, I think the Islanders had a few chances that were more luck than Mrazek, but the point is that 4-1 makes it seem like the Wings dominated. They didn't. They capitalized, but the Islanders were in it the whole time.

Obviously you disagree, you wouldn't be dooming and glooming right now.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
The only positive thing about this game was our special teams. Literally the only thing. ****ing team dropped a ****ing goose egg.

Detroit Sports*

Good idea putting Howard in. If he is playing on sat why not let him get some live action in this meaningless period.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Gotta beat these teams. Montreal, Pittsburgh, Boston, Tampa... They are teams that are more important to beat than all the Western powerhouses and the Wings seem to have trouble with them.

Detroit clearly doesn't have their legs tonight. Hard to judge tonight's game in the context you're thinking of.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Wow, they beat Colorado, Buffalo twice, the Panthers, Wild, Sens and Coyotes. 7/10 against teams that at very least aren't playoff caliber and all save the Panthers are bottom feeders. Sorry if I actually expected them to win those 7. Their last 3 games in that period against the Islanders, Bolts and Nucks were anywhere from decent to disasters.
Trust me, if you expect them to win all games against 'worse' teams, as well as beat all the teams that are as good or 'better', you will never be happy.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Trust me, if you expect them to win all games against 'worse' teams, as well as beat all the teams that are as good or 'better', you will never be happy.

Why should I be happy? I want to see the Wings win 98 games a year and any season where they don't I am not happy. Especially though when they don't win those last 16.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Everybody is so off.....

I hate the Malkin attacks somebody, are the NBC guys actually pretending Z was involved during what was basically the victim of a by the rule suspension assault. So dumb...

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I use to ask my friend's fathers what it was like to watch Howe play. I have a feeling that one day our kids will ask us the same about Datsyuk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad