GDT: Wings at Penguins- 2/11/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
This slow schedule is a buzz kill, but should be a good game.

Wings practiced today with same lines and d pairs as last game.

Big rivalry between me and my buddy, hoping we beat them in style.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 12m12 minutes ago
Babcock said Mrazek starting Wednesday. Howard is backing up. Howard might start Saturday.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 11m11 minutes ago
So they'll carry three goalies for now. Franzen being on IR creates the roster spot.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 7m7 minutes ago
Babcock said he wants to stick with hot hand. Made it clear Howard is their No. 1 goalie.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
No complaints at all about Babcock right now. It's almost like Babcock reads these forums these days :laugh:

jerrymac

Oct 24, 2011
GB
Hard to take Mrazek out after the last two games and the more rest Howard gets the better.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
No point in rushing Howard back after a really bad groin injury vs a really good offensive team when Mrazek is hot and we are 9-1 in our last 10.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Hard to take Mrazek out after the last two games and the more rest Howard gets the better.

Exactly, there's absolutely no point in rushing Howard back. I wouldn't even mind if Mrazek and Howard split games for the next month or so to keep him fresh for the playoffs, assuming Mrazek keeps up his play. Give Howard the full time starting job in mid-March to get him ready for playoff time.

Actual Thought*

I just hope Mrazek can step it up against one of the better teams. He really laid an egg against Tampa. It makes sense to rest Howard as much as possible and ride the hot hand. I just hope Mrazek doesn't fold up under the pressure like he did in Tampa.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
I just hope Mrazek can step it up against one of the better teams. He really laid an egg against Tampa. It makes sense to rest Howard as much as possible and ride the hot hand. I just hope Mrazek doesn't fold up under the pressure like he did in Tampa.

He did rebound nicely against the Islanders. His confidence is going to be sky high and his previous three games.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi

While he didn't do himself any favors our team defense wasn't up to snuff either against Tampa. I would hope that the veterans have a bit more jump in there step this game due to the memories of 2009.

I am glad Howard isn't starting this game. 1st game back against the pens when you are rusty could get very ugly really quickly.

Hopefully the Pens don't play like *******s. But given who they have on there roster I am not holding my breath for that though.

I also hope like hell that Fleury isn't in net. While many like to bag on him for going full Pejorative Slur in the playoffs usually he seems to always up his game against us.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
It's the right move...kid's flat out getting the job done right now...Pittsburgh on the road probably isn't the best game to start a goalie who's been out for the last month anyway.

Actual Thought*

He did rebound nicely against the Islanders. His confidence is going to be sky high and his previous three games.
I agree.

While he didn't do himself any favors our team defense wasn't up to snuff either against Tampa. I would hope that the veterans have a bit more jump in there step this game due to the memories of 2009.

I am glad Howard isn't starting this game. 1st game back against the pens when you are rusty could get very ugly really quickly.

Hopefully the Pens don't play like *******s. But given who they have on there roster I am not holding my breath for that though.

I also hope like hell that Fleury isn't in net. While many like to bag on him for going full Pejorative Slur in the playoffs usually he seems to always up his game against us.
They actually were playing pretty well until he let in every shot he faced. Goalies have those kinds of games but it shouldn't happen in a game against conference rivals with 1st place on the line. That said I do love the way he bounced back.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Man, our schedule is really slow right now. Tampa's going to have 4 games in hand on us after this week.

At least it's good for the veterans and Howard.

No issue with Mrazek getting the start. Let's see if he can keep it going.

Detroit Sports*

No complaints at all about Babcock right now. It's almost like Babcock reads these forums these days :laugh:

Not really. Howard would be starting on Wednesday if he is reading the forums. He might be reading my posts only :laugh:

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Not really. Howard would be starting on Wednesday if he is reading the forums. He might be reading my posts only :laugh:

I think you missed the part where Babcock made it clear Howard was the #1 goalie.

That seems to fly in the face of your opinion.

Even the members around here most supportive of Howard over Mrazek as the #1 think it's too soon to throw Howard back in the net. Let him practice for a few days and let the hot hand get another game or 2 in before he's sent back to the Griffins.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Can we get some revenge for the cup we were robbed of ? I hope for a clear goal to be taken back because the ref intended to blow the whistle. Maybe Sheahan can rough up Malkin with less than five minutes left, and dodge a suspension because he is a rising star.

In all seriousness I want to win, because I enjoy listening to Crosby cry to the media .

Last edited:

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008

What's the point of rushing Howard back when you're winning? That's all this is. If Babcock was reading your posts he would have traded Howard by now, not reaffirm that he's the #1 goalie while keeping him fresh for a playoff run.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Man, our schedule is really slow right now. Tampa's going to have 4 games in hand on us after this week.

At least it's good for the veterans and Howard.

No issue with Mrazek getting the start. Let's see if he can keep it going.

Just to be technical, we are going to have 4 games in hand on TB. Nothing wrong with being only 2 pts behind that.

Look forward to this game, would be nice to beat the Pens. Unfortunately they have both stars back and Crosby had a big game last game. Put him back on that slump boys

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Glendening vs Crosby. Can't wait. Fingers crossed for a win! Best part about playing the Pens now? Not having to worry about James Neal anymore :handclap:

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Am I the only one that wants to sit Mrazek on a high note? What if he plays poorly and Jimmy has to come in?

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Am I the only one that wants to sit Mrazek on a high note? What if he plays poorly and Jimmy has to come in?

Would send a bad message to Mrazek. "Hey, we know you've been playing lights out for a few games. But we're gonna pull you because we're not confident in your ability to keep it up and our starter who hasn't played in a month is back so we're gonna play him."

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Would send a bad message to Mrazek. "Hey, we know you've been playing lights out for a few games. But we're gonna pull you because we're not confident in your ability to keep it up and our starter who hasn't played in a month is back so we're gonna play him."

Because who in their right mind would say that? As opposed to "Hey Jimmy is back and we all know he's our number one. While he was out, you rocked it. Fantastic stuff. Now let's get to work on your rebound control."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad