Pre-Game Talk: Wings at Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 48s
Other lines: Nyquist-Zetterberg-Abdelkader; Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco; Andersson-Glendening-Miller.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 56s
Eaves, Cleary and Bertuzzi also skating but appear to be the odd men out. On defense, Kindl is only player not skating. Weiss is skating.

Looks like the dead weight which is gone at next summer is sitting. Eaves, Bert, Cleary, all UFAs... That's the march order now, future Wings will play.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
Too bad for Eaves, who has played quite well lately. Either way, he'd better not get waived so that Cleary can stay on the roster.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Eaves has been better than Luke and can actually score a little. However, no big deal. Sheahan should be PK'in

Eaves-Joker-Miller is a better 4th line.

Auzzie19

Mar 10, 2011
The North
Called the lines :yo:

Datsyuk should be eased in on the 2B line. The kids are playing really well as a 2A line and they shouldn't have trouble against Florida of all teams.

Believe me they are not a bad team like Buffalo, since the coaching change they have a record over .500 and are relentless on the forecheck.

Wings shouldn't take them lightly or they'll get a big surprise. Barkov is like a bull down low. Anyways can't wait to see Datsyuk back.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Believe me they are not a bad team like Buffalo, since the coaching change they have a record over .500 and are relentless on the forecheck.

Wings shouldn't take them lightly or they'll get a big surprise. Barkov is like a bull down low. Anyways can't wait to see Datsyuk back.
Wings have REALLY struggled against the Panthers this season so I think most of us know it's not an easy game.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
We have seen two phantom-disallowed-Dan-Cleary-screened-goals in last two Florida-meetings. And lost points because of that. Those games should never been OT games, if those referee mistakes would not happen.

Hopefully, today we don't seem them either. Not Cleary, and not disallowed goals, that should not be disallowed.

Soft Rock Renegade

May 17, 2012
count me as someone who wants eaves over glendenning, just for his ability to put the puck in the net. yes to whoever asked if we are icing our best forwards of the year tonight.

Soft Rock Renegade

May 17, 2012
also per khan, apparently the way they're making room for dats is by putting kindl on IR, which would force kindl out for florida and tb. i assume that means there are no plans to scratch glendenning any time soon (or else they'd just send him to GR).

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Playing the Panthers again? I say we rest the whole team. Bring in the Griffins. Enjoy the night off.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
also per khan, apparently the way they're making room for dats is by putting kindl on IR, which would force kindl out for florida and tb. i assume that means there are no plans to scratch glendenning any time soon (or else they'd just send him to GR).

Glendenning is a dime a dozen AHL'er with a lot of heart and grit. A poor mans Chris Conner without the scoring/offensive ability. Not a big deal now. But if others get sent down like Jurco, Sheahan etc... and Luke stays...

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Glendenning is a dime a dozen AHL'er with a lot of heart and grit. A poor mans Chris Conner without the scoring/offensive ability. Not a big deal now. But if others get sent down like Jurco, Sheahan etc... and Luke stays...

I could see Glendenning staying over Jurco on the 4th line. Jurco has been good, but he hasn't been good enough to force the Wings to keep him here. I think Sheahan definitely stays for a while though.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Babcock is on record saying if Glendenning stays while we're healthy he'll be a winger.

He should be a winger already. Much more of a winger type than Andersson. Guess we'll see tomorrow.

This is the top9 I wanted and anticipated.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Yeah, his lack of skating hurts him more on the wing, while Glendening's game seems better on the wing. Not sure why Babcock keeps Glendening in the middle if both guys are in the lineup (and on the same line...).

I think he prefers to have a rh faceoff guy.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Andersson is 51% on faceoffs. Glendening is at 47%. That's a pretty big gap. And Glenny has a game that is suited well on the wing, or at least better compared to Andy.

I know andy is better at the draw then him but having at least 1 rh center is good. I know he played wing at michigan but having the option of him taking draws on his preferred side for faceoffs isn't bad. Glenny would be better on the wing over Andersson but I feel with both them one the same line you can have whoever take the draws depending on which side of the ice the face off takes place.

NyquistIsMyGod*

I could see Glendenning staying over Jurco on the 4th line. Jurco has been good, but he hasn't been good enough to force the Wings to keep him here. I think Sheahan definitely stays for a while though.

Agree with your entire post. Keeping Jurco up on the fourth line is pointless. See Nino in New York. Send him down, let him be in the man in Grand Rapids and Glendening can play the fourth line role.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
Whatever happens with the roster decisions, Dan Cleary had better not play a single game more with the Red Wings.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I like Datsyuk on Helms wing. Can hopefully limit that lines 5 on 5 mins. Play Datsyuk and Alfie a lot on the PP and Helm a lot on the PK. A special teams line kinda thing I guess.

With the Sheahan line playing like it is they can play a lot of the second line type minutes and do it really well. No need to push the injury prone guys on Helms line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad