Pre-Game Talk: Wings at Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
The Wheel Deal ‏@Bill_Roose 41s
#RedWings are on the ice here at Detroit's City Sports Arena. Datsyuk participating in all drills; Howard wearing full @usahockey gear.

The Wheel Deal ‏@Bill_Roose 30s
Jonas Gustavsson also wearing his #2014Sochi goalie gear here at #RedWings practice.

The Wheel Deal ‏@Bill_Roose 42s
Only #RedWings player not practicing this morning is Johan Franzen (concussion).

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Guesing lines will be:

Nyquist - Z - Abdelkader
Datsyuk - Helm - Alfredsson
Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco
Miller - Andersson - Eaves

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 48s
Other lines: Nyquist-Zetterberg-Abdelkader; Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco; Andersson-Glendening-Miller.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 56s
Eaves, Cleary and Bertuzzi also skating but appear to be the odd men out. On defense, Kindl is only player not skating. Weiss is skating.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Andersson needs to play center. Other than that, good looking lines. Ditch Luke, Keep Patty.

Yeah, his lack of skating hurts him more on the wing, while Glendening's game seems better on the wing. Not sure why Babcock keeps Glendening in the middle if both guys are in the lineup (and on the same line...).

Amrcn Ftbll

Quincey 4 prez 2k16
Jan 22, 2014
ypsi
Franzen isn't even skating? That's one hell of a concussion, I hope he at least gets better even if he ends up not coming back.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Yeah, his lack of skating hurts him more on the wing, while Glendening's game seems better on the wing. Not sure why Babcock keeps Glendening in the middle if both guys are in the lineup (and on the same line...).

Faceoffs as well. Just seems like an easy decision really. But at the end of the day he got the right players in the lineup so I'm not going to complain too much.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Outside of the Andersson on the wing vs Glendening at center, these are the exact lines I wanted.

Z and Sheahan's units deserve to stick together and I'm really excited that Pav is playing with Alfie and Helm. I've always wanted to see Helm with Pavel just for the forechecking and offensive zone time, but I never imagined it possible with both likely to play center. With that being said we need to understand that all 3 of these players are still getting their timing back, so it could take some time. But if Z keeps doing what he's doing and the kid line continues to provide energy and offensive zone pressure, we just might have some time to get them clicking.

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 2m
Kindl didn't skate due to a lower-body injury.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Guesing lines will be:

Nyquist - Z - Abdelkader
Datsyuk - Helm - Alfredsson
Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco
Miller - Andersson - Eaves

That looks promising , but the biggest problem this team has it is difference. This team needs someone like Konstantinov , hard nose stay home D
We should easily win with this lines

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Surprised people want Glendening out instead of Eaves. I like Patty, but he's not very noticeable. He's not as fast as he was a few years ago, and while his shot is good he almost never uses it unless it's a shootout. Glendening is better defensively (crazy defensive play on the PK last game) and is more of an agitator. Eaves or Andersson should be the odd man out and I'm fine with Eaves sitting.

Helm-Datsyuk-Alfie should be a good line to watch, hope Pav doesn't have any setbacks.

Franzen isn't even skating? That's one hell of a concussion, I hope he at least gets better even if he ends up not coming back.
Guessing they're going with 10 days symptom free before he even starts skating. Gotta play it 110% safe this time, and there's no need to rush things as he'll have the entire break to hopefully get healthy and conditioned.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
If those are the lines I hope Helm is at wing and Datsyuk is playing center.

I've always wanted to see Helm flying around at wing. Has he ever played there before? I can't ever remember seeing it.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Called the lines :yo:

Datsyuk should be eased in on the 2B line. The kids are playing really well as a 2A line and they shouldn't have trouble against Florida of all teams.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I believe a move has to be made for Datsyuk to return. Obviously the kids line is still together and Glendening is in. This likely means Eaves is getting waived again right?

NyquistIsMyGod*

If those are the lines I hope Helm is at wing and Datsyuk is playing center.

I've always wanted to see Helm flying around at wing. Has he ever played there before? I can't ever remember seeing it.

I disagree. I too wanted Datsyuk on the wing for this game. Honestly, he shouldn't even be playing from the sounds of it, though we all know why. Helm and Alfredsson need another player, and Dats fits that role. My main thing is the skating. I'd prefer Helm to do most of the defensive work and the extra skating. I personally want Datsyuk under 16 minutes tomorrow night.

Love the lines. Love Glendening in.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I disagree. I too wanted Datsyuk on the wing for this game. Honestly, he shouldn't even be playing from the sounds of it, though we all know why. Helm and Alfredsson need another player, and Dats fits that role. My main thing is the skating. I'd prefer Helm to do most of the defensive work and the extra skating. I personally want Datsyuk under 16 minutes tomorrow night.

I guess it depends on what kind of condition Datsyuk is in. If both are healthy, it'd be fun to see Helm freed up and allowed to burn on the wing.

I was figuring with the time off he's had he'd be good, but I don't think that's the case.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007

Yeah I'm right there with you.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I guess it depends on what kind of condition Datsyuk is in. If both are healthy, it's be fun to see Helm freed up and allowed to burn on the wing.

I was figuring with the time off he's had he'd be good, but I don't think that's the case.

My past thoughts of Datsyuk and Helm together were always with Datsyuk at center. But Datsyuk's skating was limited when he returned from the concussion, so I can only imagine that it's not going to be any better right now - especially his first games back.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
My past thoughts of Datsyuk and Helm together were always with Datsyuk at center. But Datsyuk's skating was limited when he returned from the concussion, so I can only imagine that it's not going to be any better right now - especially his first games back.

Yeah, you're probably right.

Wishful thinking on my part :(

NyquistIsMyGod*

I guess it depends on what kind of condition Datsyuk is in. If both are healthy, it'd be fun to see Helm freed up and allowed to burn on the wing.

For sure. With Dats healthy, I want him at centre the entire time regardless of his linemate. I remember Dats and Z together a couple years ago when Babs would always play Dats on the LW.

However Dats is not healthy right now. He's returning early for the olympics. Throwing him at centre where he'll have to skate more to me is just stupid. It's an unneeded risk. Helm can play centre. Dats can work on the boards. He's really strong on the left board.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Yeah, you're probably right.

Wishful thinking on my part :(

If Datsyuk was 100% then for sure Helm to wing though in this scenario. And to answer your original question, Helm's always been at center from my recollection. Ever since his days of centering McCarty and Hudler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad