Pre-Game Talk: Wings at Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
I'd rather have Eaves over Andersson on the fourth line. More of an offensive punch and alot faster than Joker. Not to mention all of our lines would have faster players on it.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Glendenning is a dime a dozen AHL'er with a lot of heart and grit. A poor mans Chris Conner without the scoring/offensive ability. Not a big deal now. But if others get sent down like Jurco, Sheahan etc... and Luke stays...

Glendenings not really like Chris Conner at all. Except both guys are from Michigan.

And no Glendenings doesn't have Conners offense....

But for the millionth time people I ask this:

1.) What do you want your 4th line to do?
And
2.) Based on your answer to #1, what type of player best helps you achieve that goal?

Do you guys want 4 scoring lines? How many teams do that? I want a 4th line that plays with energy/speed, Forechecks like crazy, pisses the other team off, and can wear teams down.

So based on that.... What's wrong with Glendening on the 4th line?
We stared the year with Emmerton and Samuelsson on line 4....

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
This is completely irrelevant to the topic, but it is Glendening NOT Glendenning. Two n's total, not 3. It's like 50/50 with people spelling his name, and its just bugging me. That is all.

To reply to the topic, please don't lose to Florida again. Thank you.

Detroit Swed Wings

#FireHolland
Jan 17, 2013
Malmö
I like Datsyuk on Helms wing. Can hopefully limit that lines 5 on 5 mins. Play Datsyuk and Alfie a lot on the PP and Helm a lot on the PK. A special teams line kinda thing I guess.

With the Sheahan line playing like it is they can play a lot of the second line type minutes and do it really well. No need to push the injury prone guys on Helms line

:laugh: Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad