Pre-Game Talk: Wings at Panthers, December 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Sucks with Ericsson's injury but starting to get really excited with what we're icing. Now just needs a determined Mule back(could we bump Bert out pretty please <3).

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Sucks with Ericsson's injury but starting to get really excited with what we're icing. Now just needs a determined Mule back(could we bump Bert out pretty please <3).

Can we bump Cleary out pretty pretty pretty please? :)

NyquistIsMyGod*

**** no Helm either...

So the only one back is Zetterberg?

Looks like many players will miss the game at the big house

RedWings are practicing with the following lines: 44-13-26; 8-40-11; 14-43-18; and 20-41-71.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Don't know if it was posted yet but Helm is still out for tomorrow.

Brendan Savage ‏@BrendanSavage 3h
Franzen and Helm are still out for the near future

NyquistIsMyGod*

I know helm was playing good before his injury and all. But those are some pretty lame linemates for Nyquist.

We should swap Abby and Gus

I completely disagree though I'm fne with a Abby/Nyquist switch..

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I know helm was playing good before his injury and all. But those are some pretty lame linemates for Nyquist.

We should swap Abby and Gus

I think Helm is the 3rd best forward to play with on this team only behind 13 and 40. His speed creates so much room and ability to make plays in the offensive zone. I've always thought both Nyquist and Tatar would excel alongside Helm.

And keep in mind Tatar will be in the lineup, so maybe all 3 of them could compose a line. If not, then I think you'll see Abdelkader-Helm-Nyquist which should also be fine because Abby's a different player alongside Helm.

NyquistIsMyGod*

I think Helm is the 3rd best forward to play with on this team only behind 13 and 40. His speed creates so much room and ability to make plays in the offensive zone. I've always thought both Nyquist and Tatar would excel alongside Helm.

And keep in mind Tatar will be in the lineup, so maybe all 3 of them could compose a line. If not, then I think you'll see Abdelkader-Helm-Nyquist which should also be fine because Abby's a different player alongside Helm.

I've a huge Tatar fan, and he simply cannot mesh with Dats/Zetterberg. Too different. Nyquist has been struggling, big part I'm sure due to injuries. Him being the main man controlling the puck has been off. His hands are smoother but he's been struggling carrying it. His hockey IQ is fantastic though.

I really like a Tatar-Helm-Nyquist line. Tats and Nyquist have chemistry. Helm's elite defensively, which is crazy, because he was better htere before the injuries. Helm can carry the puck in, win the races. Tatar has an unbelieveable offensive vision, though he may be the worst forward defensively. The cycle should be a beauty. Nyquist is great at getting to open ice, and running the cycle. So fast too.

I think these three lines are perfect. Gives us the best three lines possible to score. Fourth line is ****ing slow though, and that's worrisome.

Hariken

Apr 7, 2013
Really? Mule didn't even appear to be concussed, just pissed he got cheap shotted.

Here's an update from nhl.com:

NHL.COM said:
Franzen has been sidelined with a concussion sustained in a game against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Dec. 15. He skated by himself after practice Friday and although Franzen said he can work out without any problems and is sleeping OK, he still has symptoms after skating.

"It's not quite there yet," Franzen said. "I still get dizzy and headaches. It's motion triggered. I can get through workouts fine, but if I try and play keepaway I can't do that. If there's too much going on I get dizzy, my vision gets blurry and stuff like that.

"I tried before the [holiday] break. I played a little 3-on-3 and that didn't feel that good. All I can do is skate straight lines. Lots of starts and stops, that's pretty much what I can do. The good thing is I can get through hard workouts at least."

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I completely disagree though I'm fne with a Abby/Nyquist switch..

I have more of an issue with Andersson being the off wing, than helm being the center. But this is helms 1st game back from injury.

Hopefully by game time that line is Tatar-helm-Nyquist or Abby-helm-Tatar/nyquist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad