GDT: Wings at Hawks 8:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Sproul deserves to sit after this game. He's just not any good at basic pee-wee level defense.
Who cares. Like really? Should we play another zero IQ, no offense, grinding d-man? Sproul at least looks great in the o-zone and can move the puck. If Mrazek was able to stop a beachball this season Sproul doesn't even look bad tonight.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Who cares. Like really? Should we play another zero IQ, no offense, grinding d-man? Sproul at least looks great in the o-zone and can move the puck. If Mrazek was able to stop a beachball this season Sproul doesn't even look bad tonight.

I agree with this

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane

Hah, this is Mrazek's fault? Those odd man rushes he's been stopping don't look like beach balls to me. I'm not saying he couldn't be better, but geez.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Game has been frustrating to entertaining in turn; would love nothing better than to see the boys dig in and leave the saps at the UC crying over a loss.

Thought AA's dad was trying to show his kid's number to the camera, lol. Guess he's hoisting the Wing's logo to the other pops. AA gonna to get the winner for popadopolis.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Don't always agree with ya, but I do here. We need to let guys develop this season, more than anything else. Play Larkin at Center. Play Sproul. Play AA and Mantha in the top 6.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
DeKeyser's offensive game is very simple

If he is near the boards he will dump it along them 100% of the time

If he is not near the boards he sheepishly wrists a shot towards the net, which has a 75% chance of being blocked. Keep in mind he hates being put in this situation because he gets uncomfortable when he cant resort to dumping it along the boards.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
DeKeyser's offensive game is very simple

If he is near the boards he will dump it along them 100% of the time

If he is not near the boards he sheepishly wrists a shot towards the net, which has a 75% chance of being blocked. Keep in mind he hates being put in this situation because he gets uncomfortable when he cant resort to dumping it along the boards.

That's pretty accurate. I think his confidence is gone, which sucks, since he's shown more than that before. I also don't think he trusts anyone else to be last man back.

Although you did forget his pass across to his defensive partner.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Hah, this is Mrazek's fault? Those odd man rushes he's been stopping don't look like beach balls to me. I'm not saying he couldn't be better, but geez.
A good NHL goalie doesn't exclusively make the easy saves. And 3rd goal for example is an easy save for a goalie that isn't flailing around in the crease making himself as small as possible.

Oct 18, 2006
Sproul deserves to sit after this game. He's just not any good at basic pee-wee level defense.
Sproul has been terrible tonight, but what the heck is he going to learn being benched? He needs to play against NHL'ers, he needs to acclimate to this environment. He'll never improve if he sits after he makes an error. He might never make it anyway, but he certainly won't by sitting.

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013
sproul has been terrible tonight, but what the heck is he going to learn being benched? He needs to play against nhl'ers, he needs to acclimate to this environment. He'll never improve if he sits after he makes an error. He might never make it anyway, but he certainly won't by sitting.

in the ahl?

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016

Sproul has been terrible tonight, but what the heck is he going to learn being benched? He needs to play against NHL'ers, he needs to acclimate to this environment. He'll never improve if he sits after he makes an error. He might never make it anyway, but he certainly won't by sitting.

Exactly. Its to the benefit of this organization to see if this big, mobile, hard-shooting righty can right the ship in a series of games.

in the ahl?

All youre doing is creating a reputation as someone who can't watch players objectively.

Oct 18, 2006
Nyquist had Z all alone for a prime scoring opportunity instead fed it back to the D who was under pressure.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
The Red Wings' future does not revolve around Sproul. He hasn't shown anything that makes me think he should be kept up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad