Status
Not open for further replies.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Athanasiou and Mrazek coming to town.
Boy, if in 2015-16 you said the Hawks had Kane, Toews, AA, Domi, Mrazek Seth Jones...
Can't really blame AA/Domi/Mrazek though. The biggest chance for Chicago is that Toews is so f***ing pedestrian...
Gives me pause on the 8 years for Larkin idea.

Reactions: avssuc

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015

I like the lines. Line 2 needed some playmaking and we'll see if Zadina and Raymond have some chemistry. I hate hate hate the powerplay units. When your PP sucks you have to put your best guys out there to even have a chance. And I know they're going for no true PP1 but the first unit out there will always get more ice time that's just the truth of it. Any PP units where Raymond, Seider, and Larkin are not on the top unit are bad.

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I like the lines. Line 2 needed some playmaking and we'll see if Zadina and Raymond have some chemistry. I hate hate hate the powerplay units. When your PP sucks you have to put your best guys out there to even have a chance. And I know they're going for no true PP1 but the first unit out there will always get more ice time that's just the truth of it. Any PP units where Raymond, Seider, and Larkin are not on the top unit are bad.

Agreed. I also hate it for the fact that Raymond and Seider won't get as many points :/

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Agreed. I also hate it for the fact that Raymond and Seider won't get as many points :/
As someone who has Raymond on two of my fantasy teams, I agree.
As a hockey fan, the difference between 50 and 60 points really doesn't matter as long as they're playing well and developing as players.
Still, both of those guys need to be on PP1 I don't care if Raymond hasn't scored or Seider has no points yet we're 3 games in.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Do not like.

Put Seider and Raymond back on PP1.
If they're worried about Raymond or Perron not being on their shooting side put Perron on PP2. Raymond's development in that position is far more important. Or play Raymond in the bumper. He has the quick decision making to thrive there.
Soderblom (net)
Raymond(bumper)
Perron (left wall) - Larkin (right wall)
Seider (point)

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
If they're worried about Raymond or Perron not being on their shooting side put Perron on PP2. Raymond's development in that position is far more important. Or play Raymond in the bumper. He has the quick decision making to thrive there.

Perron should definitely be on PP1.

If I had my way I'd do this:

Soderblom
Perron - Larkin - Raymond
Seider

Sundqvist
Kubalik - Copp - Rasmussen
Hronek

OneMoreTry

Sep 26, 2021
I don't like these mixed PPs at all. Put the best 5 on PP1 and the 2nd best 5 on PP2.

I actually like to see Sundqvist on PP1 net front - I'm getting some Holmström vibes there.

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019
I don't like these mixed PPs at all. Put the best 5 on PP1 and the 2nd best 5 on PP2.

I actually like to see Sundqvist on PP1 net front - I'm getting some Holmström vibes there.

I don't think they are "mixed" (in Lalondes eyes at least). If they were going for a balance between PP1 and PP2, they would give more than 30 s to PP2.

Nor do I think Lalonde (at this moment) cares about development of the players.

Both the 5v5 lines, and PP screams "first time head-coach trying to win games by relying on the veterans" to me.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I'd rather my favorite players be on the PP and go 0-for than see them on PP2 and the team having success!
Ogee would stop being a Wing fan if it meant Hronek and Zadina created 3 goals a game for us.

Or the other way round, same thing. If the Fils dropped a combined 3 every night, Ogee would peace out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad