GDT: Wings at Habs 7:30ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I have this fear that AA's time isn't plug time, it's trade bait time. Showcase him a bit, trade him at the draft and resign Helm to a stupid amount.

Stop.

Even if that's the case (which it sure as hell better not be), nobody wants to hear or think that.

Last edited:

One Blurred Eye

Prefer the future.
Sep 27, 2014
Well I made some kind drunken insane suggestion before the game last night to bench Dats and Z for a game and then play Dats as a dman the rest of the way, and we won, but didn't quite get a 60 minute effort. So being a man of superstition, I choose to believe that my suggestion had some effect on the outcome via the energy of its pure preposterousness, but wasn't quite absurd enough to transcend the late-game suckitude that has plagued our beloved Wings all season. Therefore tonight I suggest playing Tatar in net the rest of the way, and running out a PP consisting entirely of the five defensemen not named Datsyuk. Mrazek centering Howard on the first-line, with the other wing position being filled by a randomly chosen fan every night, regardless of affiliation.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I have this fear that AA's time isn't plug time, it's trade bait time. Showcase him a bit, trade him at the draft and resign Helm to a stupid amount.

I will riot. This is no idle threat. Ken Holland you are on notice.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I still say it's because AA didn't/doesn't have a permanent spot on the DRW roster. He's just a temporary fill-in. If he had a perm spot, I'm sure he'd be getting more TOI. If you end up playing a temp as much as or more than the guy on the IR, it starts raising questions with agents for both players, know what I mean?

Tatar wasn't a regular then either. He was a young, tiny, 21 year old injury call up to a decimated roster.

Also, AA definitely has a permanent spot. He's playing over two non-waiver options in Jurco and Pulkkinen nightly.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Should have namedropped the illuminati to make the conspiracy theory more believable.

It's just Blash being panicked and unable to make any kind of real decisions. He isn't coaching the team as much as he's a deer in headlights calling out for Dats and Z to save him.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
It's just Blash being panicked and unable to make any kind of real decisions. He isn't coaching the team as much as he's a deer in headlights calling out for Dats and Z to save him.
I'm more worried about D and Z putting pressure on Blash to give them more icetime. Those are two guys who would be really unhappy to not have the weight of the world on their shoulders, even if they're not performing their best.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
I think AA should be on the PP over Mantha but that's just me. He deserves it. Nothing against Mantha. AA has been our best player. When will get Richards off the point? It never,worked for the Rangers and never will.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Man Mrazek is shaky as hell right now. Not sure if it's a good move. I woulda saved him for the back to back this weekend.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Seemed like we unleashed a monster in the last three minutes of yesterday's game. Sabres up 2-0 already. :laugh:

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
Someone please explain to me the idea of a goaltender controlling the puck when its not moving that fast and a defender is coming back through. Seems to ALWAYS cause more problems than it helps....AKA last night when Howard almost gave away a free goal.

Just seems completely unnecessary.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Need more pressure. Would really like to see the forwards just throw it in front of the net while behind it instead of passing it always out to the point man. Far too often it gets deflected.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Need more pressure. Would really like to see the forwards just throw it in front of the net while behind it instead of passing it always out to the point man. Far too often it gets deflected.

We used to make the flat puck to the front of the net play a lot more often. Think they should go to it a little more often. Problem is everyone fans out instead of crashing down.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Patches always kills us.

Mrazek is way out of position on that shot. Realize it is a deflection, but he doesn't need to be all the way over on the far post for the first shot to be sliding that far away.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Here we go.
naked-gun-facepalm.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad