Status
Not open for further replies.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Brendan Savage ‏@BrendanSavage 1h1 hour ago
Petr Mrazek confirms he's starting for #RedWings tonight in Montreal

Can't find a tweet about lines but I'm assuming they're the same as last night.

Hopefully they play 60 minutes as opposed to just 57mins, would help our collective blood pressure.

Also go Devils!

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
good move by the management to start mrazek in this game.

his in mrasuck-mode right now, so he's sv% declines further and allows red wings to have more leverage in contract negotiations and keep that contract smaller.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Brendan Savage ‏@BrendanSavage 1h1 hour ago
Petr Mrazek confirms he's starting for #RedWings tonight in Montreal

Can't find a tweet about lines but I'm assuming they're the same as last night.

Hopefully they play 60 minutes as opposed to just 57mins, would help our collective blood pressure.

Also go Devils!

Yeah i would tend to think then other Mrazek starting in net, That the lines are exactly the same as last night.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
AA gets under 7 minutes and Mantha gets benched for the second half of the 3rd yesterday. It's been like this for quite a while. He's going to gas out Z and Dats for the playoffs, if we even make it. At some point you have to start trusting your players and just let them play. Blash needs to get it together imho.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
When is the last time we won in Montreal? For some reason I feel like it has been a long time.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
good move by the management to start mrazek in this game.

his in mrasuck-mode right now, so he's sv% declines further and allows red wings to have more leverage in contract negotiations and keep that contract smaller.

Yeah, pretty smart move by Kenny.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
quote-let-s-just-win-it-and-go-home-barry-sanders-162333.jpg

NumberFive

Too much negativity.
Mar 27, 2007
Yeah, we're in a tight spot. Yeah, things are looking dicey. Yeah, there are improvements that can and need to be made. But for tonight, the team we have needs a win and we - can - do - this!! Go Wings, go Devils! :handclap:

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
AA gets under 7 minutes and Mantha gets benched for the second half of the 3rd yesterday. It's been like this for quite a while. He's going to gas out Z and Dats for the playoffs, if we even make it. At some point you have to start trusting your players and just let them play. Blash needs to get it together imho.

Athanasiou is averaging fewer minutes than a 21 year old rookie Tatar did under Babcock. Its that bizarre.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
No Price, Subban or Gallagher for Montreal. Detroit doesn't deserve to make the playoffs if they lose this one.

Ughh, I hate this line of thinking. No single loss defines what a team does or does not deserve in a sport with 82 games.

This isn't Football.

NumberFive

Too much negativity.
Mar 27, 2007
Athanasiou is averaging fewer minutes than a 21 year old rookie Tatar did under Babcock. Its that bizarre.

I still say it's because AA didn't/doesn't have a permanent spot on the DRW roster. He's just a temporary fill-in. If he had a perm spot, I'm sure he'd be getting more TOI. If you end up playing a temp as much as or more than the guy on the IR, it starts raising questions with agents for both players, know what I mean?

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I still say it's because AA didn't/doesn't have a permanent spot on the DRW roster. He's just a temporary fill-in. If he had a perm spot, I'm sure he'd be getting more TOI. If you end up playing a temp as much as or more than the guy on the IR, it starts raising questions with agents for both players, know what I mean?

Why wouldn't he have a permanent spot on the roster?

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Why wouldn't he have a permanent spot on the roster?

It seems like he's making the assumption that because of the lack of ice time given to AA that it appears that he is just being used as a plug.

Personally I think AA is going to be a stud for our team for many years to come and I wish they would give him a lot more ice team, maybe even put him on the PP to change things up (since the format now is kind of abysmal). The kid could definitely use some more ice time though! Hope he has a huge game tonight at the bell centre!

Going to try to find some last minute tickets and go watch!

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Ughh, I hate this line of thinking. No single loss defines what a team does or does not deserve in a sport with 82 games.

This isn't Football.

What difference does it make how many games u play? If they don't win enough games right now to make it, they most certainly don't deserve it. It was up to them to avoid getting into that situation. Instead they stood in their own way and wasted good opportunities. So here we are, fighting for a playoff spot with a couple of teams. Either u beat 'em and get in. Or u do not.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I have this fear that AA's time isn't plug time, it's trade bait time. Showcase him a bit, trade him at the draft and resign Helm to a stupid amount.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
What difference does it make how many games u play? If they don't win enough games right now to make it, they most certainly don't deserve it. It was up to them to avoid getting into that situation. Instead they stood in their own way and wasted good opportunities. So here we are, fighting for a playoff spot with a couple of teams. Either u beat 'em and get in. Or u do not.

completely missed the point of that post

let's say you go 81-1 and the only loss is against a bottom feeder. does that one bad loss mean that you don't deserve to make it?

one game doesn't define your season when there are 81 other opportunities to define it.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
completely missed the point of that post

let's say you go 81-1 and the only loss is against a bottom feeder. does that one bad loss mean that you don't deserve to make it?

one game doesn't define your season when there are 81 other opportunities to define it.

Yeah, congrats, and u missed mine. Or did we go 81-1 so far and the last six games have no relevance at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad