Post-Game Talk: Wings at Florida

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Were Walman and Matta healthy scratches? I'm really glad I worked late and missed the game.

Ned, Lindstrom, Hagg, and Oesterle all on the ice together in an actual NHL game. HEY FESTER, SAVE THAT COMBO FOR PRACTICE. Let Zadina play against them so he can finally fill the net.

• Haha
Reactions: Filppula

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019
Were Walman and Matta healthy scratches? I'm really glad I worked late and missed the game.

Ned, Lindstrom, Hagg, and Oesterle all on the ice together in an actual NHL game. HEY FESTER, SAVE THAT COMBO FOR PRACTICE. Let Zadina play against them so he can finally fill the net.
Walman was scratched, Määttä under the weather / sick.

• Wow
Reactions: ColdToiletSeats

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Kind of a weird decision to scratch Walman. Removing him on the same night that Määttä was out really left our defense hurting.
Not much help for Ned but he's not doing himself any favors either. Hellberg might get an opportunity soon.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Mark Stoll 1 assist, +3, 23 min icetime, paid league's minimum 750 k. He is like 10 times better than Hagg .
Why wasn't he re-signed?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
1670583680834.png

The difference between our goalies is growing bigger.

Husso did just beat Vasilevskiy and Ned looked like an AHLer.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
This is what happens when you play Lindstrom, Osterle, Hagg, and Ned simultaneously. Get Husso in net and replace one of those D with Maatta and we are well in the game. Replace another one with Wallman and we probably win.

Yeah, I think was it a tactic put all bad to same game, because you had to give some rest for others for some game on the stretch, and see what happens.

Bad things happened, but if Määttä is only sick and recovers fast, we could have the normal defence + Husso at next game.

There's also more off-days after the next Dallas game.

Reactions: DamonDRW

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Mark Stoll 1 assist, +3, 23 min icetime, paid league's minimum 750 k. He is like 10 times better than Hagg .
Why wasn't he re-signed?
Yeah, I’m surprised they let Staal go and then signed Pysyk/Hagg. Maybe Staal wanted to play for a contender/retire in Florida.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Yeah, I’m surprised they let Staal go and then signed Pysyk/Hagg. Maybe Staal wanted to play for a contender/retire in Florida.
He wanted to play with his brother Eric and I believe that was the best location for it to be possible.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
View attachment 619023

The difference between our goalies is growing bigger.

Husso did just beat Vasilevskiy and Ned looked like an AHLer.
That goal allowed to an AHL player was definitely an AHL goal. 2 or 3 goals were softish. He needs to be sent down and play some games.
I guess that is the reason.
He was very solid for us.

Reactions: Filppula

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Did anyone else catch the potential argument/disagreement between Seider and Chiarot about 6-7 minutes into the game? Seider was getting ready for the faceoff while saying something with an annoyed look on his face, and then the camera zoomed away and it was Chiarot he was talking to, and Chiarot backed away with an annoyed look on his face, and shook his head!

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Did anyone else catch the potential argument/disagreement between Seider and Chiarot about 6-7 minutes into the game? Seider was getting ready for the faceoff while saying something with an annoyed look on his face, and then the camera zoomed away and it was Chiarot he was talking to, and Chiarot backed away with an annoyed look on his face, and shook his head!
Yes. I couldn't tell if he was yelling at the linesman or Chiarot, but I didn't go back to rewind at the time to see if I could parse it out. He's clearly playing frustrated and understandably so. He very desperately wants to play well and knows what he wants to do, but it's not happening for him right now.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Yes. I couldn't tell if he was yelling at the linesman or Chiarot, but I didn't go back to rewind at the time to see if I could parse it out. He's clearly playing frustrated and understandably so. He very desperately wants to play well and knows what he wants to do, but it's not happening for him right now.

To me it kind of looked like Chiarot may have said what to do after puck drop and Seider said something to the affect of no I am doing this, but that is just me guessing.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
To me it kind of looked like Chiarot may have said what to do after puck drop and Seider said something to the affect of no I am doing this, but that is just me guessing.
Maybe. I get the sense that both have a driven need to be "the guy" out there. Which is fine. Just don't put them on the same pairing. That doesn't help the team.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Maybe. I get the sense that both have a driven need to be "the guy" out there. Which is fine. Just don't put them on the same pairing. That doesn't help the team.

I get the feeling that Chairot thinks he is a lot better than he actually is. To me, he is a 3-4 at best, but I get that sense he thinks he is better than that.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
The frustrating thing is this inconsistentcy from being slightly good for a few games, then a really bad for a few games.

When highly skilled offenses come at us, always feels like the roof is about to cave in. Husso is covering some of this up.

Reactions: DatsDeking

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I get the feeling that Chairot thinks he is a lot better than he actually is. To me, he is a 3-4 at best, but I get that sense he thinks he is better than that.
Yes, but that's perfectly fine if he's slotted appropriately. He can be the general of the 3rd pairing and that's a great trait for him to have.

He is not a good calm partner for the guy you want to develop into being the workhorse pillar of the defensive squad.

EDIT - and if all of this is some mind game ploy to try and get Mo to snap and take charge... that's f***ed. Don't play mind games out there.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
There reportedly hasn't been any discussion of giving Hellberg a look at backup.

I'm sorry, since when did Blashill return? Since when is Ned's 5+ GAA acceptable in a year Detroit is supposed to be back in the playoffs?

This is garbage. Fix it immediately, or don't give him any more starts. I'm sick of this "well maybe in a few years we'll be good enough to maybe think about challenging for a wild card". This is Detroit, not some brokeass team that nobody cares about like Buffalo or Columbus.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I remember seeing that too. I think communication is key, which they had, but the frustration is evident.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
There reportedly hasn't been any discussion of giving Hellberg a look at backup.

I'm sorry, since when did Blashill return? Since when is Ned's 5+ GAA acceptable in a year Detroit is supposed to be back in the playoffs?

This is garbage. Fix it immediately, or don't give him any more starts. I'm sick of this "well maybe in a few years we'll be good enough to maybe think about challenging for a wild card". This is Detroit, not some brokeass team that nobody cares about like Buffalo or Columbus.
I think it's more about not overworking Husso than finding Ned's 5+ goals acceptable.

Maybe there is a plan in place to give Hellberg a look after some games in the AHL? But the way Ned's playing that plan needs to be accelerated.

Can they send Ned down to the AHL? Seems like the only remaining hope for him is to play more consistently to try and find his form. But that sure can't happen on the Wings unless they wanna go full tank again.

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016

Hellberg was signed for GR, cause they were getting slammed with goals.
I am not expecting Hellberg to be in Detroit any time soon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad