Pre-Game Talk: Wings at Canadiens, Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Khan tweeter this earlier today, not sure if it's already been posted/shared

Johan Franzen said he believes he'll be ready to play Wednesday at Montreal. Will see doctor on Monday in hopes of being cleared.
1:46pm - 23 Feb 14

Let's hope the doctors give him the green light to play.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Khan tweeter this earlier today, not sure if it's already been posted/shared

Johan Franzen said he believes he'll be ready to play Wednesday at Montreal. Will see doctor on Monday in hopes of being cleared.
1:46pm - 23 Feb 14

Let's hope the doctors give him the green light to play.

Great news, he was playing fantastic mid-November and on.

Amrcn Ftbll

Quincey 4 prez 2k16
Jan 22, 2014
ypsi
I'm gonna get "cautiously optimistic" with my wings tattoo, it's like the catchphrase of the fanbase.
I'm so ready for nhl hockey again after the olympics. I'd love to see what a nyquist-datsyuk-franzen line could do, but putting two players just coming back from injuries together is probably not an incredible idea.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Just speculating on possible lines, what do you guys think?
Assuming Franzen is in, and Weiss is still out, then maybe something like:

Franzen-Datsyuk-Alfredsson
Nyquist-Sheahan-Abdelkader
Jurco-Helm-Tatar
Miller-Andersson-Eaves

healthy scratch: Cleary, Bert
GR: Glendening

With Weiss in, put him at #2 center, push Sheahan to line 3, and Jurco to GR.
I could also see Glen in the lineup somewhere, with Jurco in GR instead even without Weiss.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
The Kid line should probably stay together until further notice.

Also not a fan of Franzen-Datsyuk-Alfredsson
Two players still getting into game shape and a 40+ year old. Where's the speed here? Datsyuk is not a quick skater right now.

If Weiss is out I'd probably go:

Nyquist-Datsyuk-Abdelkader
Franzen-Helm-Alfredsson
Jurco-Sheahan-Tatar
Miller-Andersson-Glendening

You could probably mess around with the top 6 a little bit, but I think Datsyuk needs speed, so at the very least one of Nyquist, Abdelkader, or Helm (if Franzen moves to center) should be with him.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I don't like Mule with Pavel. He plays like crap when he plays with Pavel.

Abdelkader-Pavel-Alfie
Nyquist-Weiss-Franzen
Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco/Eaves
Miller-Helm-Glendening

Cleary/Andy/Bert

mukluks

Oct 18, 2011
Flying out to Montreal for the game, hope it's a good one. I don't expect much from Weiss, hopeful though.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Only 24 games left. "Holy jumpin!"

We play Montreal 3 times in that span, so it would be nice to make up some ground. I'm still a firm believer that one of MTL/TOR will fall out of playoff contention by season's end.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
The Kid line should probably stay together until further notice.

Also not a fan of Franzen-Datsyuk-Alfredsson
Two players still getting into game shape and a 40+ year old. Where's the speed here? Datsyuk is not a quick skater right now.

If Weiss is out I'd probably go:

Nyquist-Datsyuk-Abdelkader
Franzen-Helm-Alfredsson
Jurco-Sheahan-Tatar
Miller-Andersson-Glendening

You could probably mess around with the top 6 a little bit, but I think Datsyuk needs speed, so at the very least one of Nyquist, Abdelkader, or Helm (if Franzen moves to center) should be with him.

Pav's not 100% but he looked pretty good in the Olympics for the most part imo. He was rushing the puck up ice and gaining the zone and all that good stuff.

Pav and Alfie should play together, Alfie's got that shot Pav needs on his wing and he knows how to find the soft spots for those quick one timers. They've played well together in the past from what I can remember.

I'd like to see

Abby-Pav-Alfie
Franzen-Helm-Nyquist
Jurco-Sheahan-Tatar
Andy-Glendening-Miller
Cleary
Bert

Kronwall-Ericsson
Dekeyser-Smith
Quincey-Kindl
Lashoff

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I don't really like the idea of just throwing Weiss into the top 6 either.

He hasn't played top 6 quality hockey since 11-12. That's 2 seasons and 2 surgeries ago. Let him get some limited minutes to show that he's ready to contribute and gain a bigger role. Until that point, Datsyuk, Helm, Franzen, and Sheahan have all shown significantly more at center.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I don't really like the idea of just throwing Weiss into the top 6 either.

He hasn't played top 6 quality hockey since 11-12. That's 2 seasons and 2 surgeries ago. Let him get some limited minutes to show that he's ready to contribute and gain a bigger role. Until that point, Datsyuk, Helm, Franzen, and Sheahan have all shown significantly more at center.

Exactly.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Is Franzen and Weiss back already? Finally some good news if so. I need something to cheer me up. Although Weiss, in particular, and to some extent also Franzen, still need to play better than they did before.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Is Franzen and Weiss back already? Finally some good news if so. I need something to cheer me up. Although Weiss, in particular, and to some extent also Franzen, still need to play better than they did before.

Franzen is talking like he's ready. Said he feels good and that he just needs the Dr's approval.

Weiss on the other hand has skated, but hasn't yet been able to play in competitive situations. Wouldn't be shocked if they had him play a game or two in GR before giving him a lineup spot. He was supposed to play today for GR, but he wanted to practice more so that's a little curious and makes it seem like he won't be ready for Wednesday. We'll see though.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Franzen is talking like he's ready. Said he feels good and that he just needs the Dr's approval.

Weiss on the other hand has skated, but hasn't yet been able to play in competitive situations. Wouldn't be shocked if they had him play a game or two in GR before giving him a lineup spot. He was supposed to play today for GR, but he wanted to practice more so that's a little curious and makes it seem like he won't be ready for Wednesday. We'll see though.

Okay, thanks for the info!

NyquistIsMyGod*

God I am so excited to see this team back. Been too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad