Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
The way I see it:
Vrana - Larkin - Zadina
Fabbri - Suter - Bertuzzi
Erne - Rasmussen - Namestnikov
Smith - Stephens - Gagner
Nielsen
Nielsen is guaranteed scratch since it's stupid to keep a kid on the roster just to sit. Stephens and Gagner are insurance pieces in case Veleno, Raymond, Berggren, and Pearson are all not quite ready yet.
Gagner's spot up for grabs by Raymond and Berggren (if they take this spot they play 3rd line, Vlad moves down to 4th)
Stephen's spot up for grabs by Veleno and Pearson
Smith I think has an inside track to the 4LW spot because he brings a physical forechecking game the other 4 don't, although it's entirely possible his spot gets grabbed as well.

Exactly the way I see the lineup too, with Veleno getting called up for good hopefully after the trade deadline.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Exactly the way I see the lineup too, with Veleno getting called up for good hopefully after the trade deadline.
I think he and whoever is better between Berggren and Raymond secure a permanent spot this year.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I think he and whoever is better between Berggren and Raymond secure a permanent spot this year.

I can see that too, lets hope all 3 tear it up in the AHL so Yzerman has to make room for him.

I am really interested to see how GR does this year with some of our top forward prospects there.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Aww, you're making me feel like a regular Dan Cleary.

I'll take any excuse to post this classic from FlashyG.

sx2xqCm.gif

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
... or Draper's daughter? (He only has one son.)
are biological females allowed to be drafted in the NHL? I know Manon Rheaume suited up for the Bolts in the early 90's, but what's the rule on that in '21 ?

"First Woman to Play in NHL

In the summer of 1992, following Rhéaume’s gold-medal win at the IIHF Women’s World Championships, Phil Esposito of the Tampa Bay Lightning invited her to attend training camp as one of eight goaltenders trying out for the team. The Lightning was a new NHL expansion team in a non-traditional hockey market, so the whole tryout was widely viewed as little more than a publicity stunt.

Yet Rhéaume survived the first round of cuts, and was given the first period of a pre-season exhibition match against the St. Louis Blues. She allowed two goals on nine shots, becoming the first woman to play in a National Hockey League game. She also became the first woman to appear in any of North America’s major professional sports leagues. "

Reactions: r0bert8841

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
They aloud transgenders play in the women sports , the should let girls also play in the man sport ,,,,,

No, Nope, Just Say No.

So, a couple of things to consider:

Tom Wilson/Ryan Reaves vs. 130lb. Phoebe McKinney (random girls name)...

a 260lbs+ Monster (Chara/Byfuglien etc.) retired/almost retired, sure. But there are a lot of 220lb-240lb+ absolute beasts in the NHL. Do we really wanna see another incident where someone literally gets their skull caved in?

Transgender MMA Fighter Who Fractured a Woman's Skull, Named 'Bravest Athlete in History'

"MMA fighter Fallon Fox twice broke an opponent’s skull to win matches and now he is being praised by some in the LGBT community."

I'm for inclusion to a reasonable degree** (see below), but bashing in skulls b/c you're genetically far superior to your opponent (& could've been prevented) seems kinda extreme. Some folks actually cheer this on? Why? What good does it do the world/society? How is this considered actually "brave" ?

** reasonable inclusion = men & women on the same Fencing team, or baseball, or skeet shooting, or whatever. But contact sports or any sport where 1 has a distinct genetic advantage over the other & to the detriment (actually life threatening in some cases), is not in the spirit of sports. This isn't ancient Rome with the gladiators.

Last edited:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I love it when someone expresses my thoughts so well and to the point that it saves me all the effort.

But yeah, exactly this. It's good to have a little competition for those remaining spots. You never know who can surprise you.

I actually forgot to add one thing to that. The guy he traded for is young as well and has some upside to fit in as a bottom 6 forward for the next little while. This isnt an over the hill vet being brought in for competition. Its a guy in the same draft range and age range as a lot of the competition and he might actually turn into something useful

Sooner or later we'll see a female player, there are some tough women out there. I know a few that are tougher than Cholo for sure.

No we wont

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad