Speculation: Wingers for 2017-2018

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
I think logistically, a Jordan Eberle deal makes sense. As you said BG, 2 years.

Hearing the Wild would possibly move Nino Niederreiter. He's an RFA and they're staring down the barrel of some cap issues. Fletcher has stated he regrets moving their 1st for Hanzal at the deadline, so I'm guessing a little buyer's remorse there would have him extra interested in replacing that in some fashion.

Nieterreiter 6'2, 210lbs
Turns 25 in September
25 goals and 57 points in 82 games last season

He's a banger, defensively sound, and I think has more in the tank offensively, something to the tune of 30+ goals.

Of all the wingers being discussed here, I like him the best. I think he's perfect. There could potentially be room for an even bigger deal involving one of their defensemen.

Of course, would the Wild deal with a division rival is the sticking point here.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
I think logistically, a Jordan Eberle deal makes sense. As you said BG, 2 years.

Hearing the Wild would possibly move Nino Niederreiter. He's an RFA and they're staring down the barrel of some cap issues. Fletcher has stated he regrets moving their 1st for Hanzal at the deadline, so I'm guessing a little buyer's remorse there would have him extra interested in replacing that in some fashion.

Nieterreiter 6'2, 210lbs
Turns 25 in September

He's a banger, defensively sound, and I think has more in the tank offensively, something to the tune of 30+ goals.

Of all the wingers being discussed here, I like him the best. I think he's perfect. There could potentially be room for an even bigger deal involving one of their defensemen.

Of course, would the Wild deal with a division rival is the sticking point here.

That's the $1,000,000 question right there. Anything that helps a division rival is almost a no-no in terms of trade. I'd be ok with Nino on this team though.

93Crazed101

Apr 27, 2017
Greater Dallas

Nieterreiter 6'2, 210lbs
Turns 25 in September

I'd like Nino.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Any possibility that Bjugstad, Strome, or Nelson are available?

All three are likely available. Bjugstad because of performance, and the other two because of the expansion draft, especially if the Isles protect 4 D.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
2 years remaining of contract is almost always going to be better than a 5 or 6 year deal in free agency, especially to a 30 year old Oshie or Radulov.

Free agency frankly sucks. That doesn't mean I do think they should do Eakin + a 1st, but you can't start stacking up 5 to 8 year contracts. Benn and Bishop already have one. Klingberg does as well. Best case scenario Seguin has one soon because if he doesn't in Dallas he will on a different team.

The cap forces you to be selective, and I cooled down on Oshie and Radulov once Bishop was signed. Justin Williams would be a great signing, but he'd supplement a guy like Eberle/Oshie/Radulov. He'll be 37 years old before the season starts. He's an upgrade over Sharp or Hemsky, but I'd essentially be fine with any one of those three as a veteran winger for the team. It would still be prudent to add a younger scoring punch though.

True, but my concern is more about asset management. If the main interest in trading for Eberle is, he's not 30 yet, and we can let him walk in two years then I'd rather we target any number of other forwards that don't cost so much to acquire, which I suspect Eberle will. I doubt Chiarelli will give us a discount after the Seguin trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad