Windsor Spitfires 2022 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Don't agree with your assertions regarding Jodoin,found him to be a valuable, character player ,tough and physical, with a sneaky good shot,popular with teammates,versatile capable of playing upfront or on D,type of player I don't mind having on my team moving forward.
I am looking at it through the prism that the Spits lost 5 forwards from the playoff roster.

Cuylle
D'Amico
Zito
Baisov
Currie (most likely)

Smith will be an add, Spellacy as well. We don't know about Johnston. I think Maggio returns still not signed by NYI. Jodoin only played 46 games and being 19 unless you're serious about him coming back as an OA in 23-24 he's only taking ice time away from a younger player.

Reactions: windsor7

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
If it comes down to Jodoin v. a youngster, it'd be about what scenario benefits everyone involved.

Would that spot be a fourth line or 6/7 D-man role? If yes, would the youngster benefit from more time in Jr B?

Is the youngster in question someone coming out of Jr B and needing time in the OHL to continue development?

Jodoin isn't going to score 15+ or become a top three defenceman this season... at least, highly unlikely. What you see is what you get - a hard working, gritty guy who chips in 6-10 goals, throws the body, protects teammates, and is well-liked in the room. He's the type every team needs at some point. Does that outweigh what the youngster brings or what spot the youngster is in their development?

With this much roster turnover, I don't think it will be cut and dry.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
If it comes down to Jodoin v. a youngster, it'd be about what scenario benefits everyone involved.

Would that spot be a fourth line or 6/7 D-man role? If yes, would the youngster benefit from more time in Jr B?

Is the youngster in question someone coming out of Jr B and needing time in the OHL to continue development?

Jodoin isn't going to score 15+ or become a top three defenceman this season... at least, highly unlikely. What you see is what you get - a hard working, gritty guy who chips in 6-10 goals, throws the body, protects teammates, and is well-liked in the room. He's the type every team needs at some point. Does that outweigh what the youngster brings or what spot the youngster is in their development?

With this much roster turnover, I don't think it will be cut and dry.
Nothing is cut n dry often seems.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Imho the only way you cut Jodoin loose is if theres a younger guy with what looks to be huge upside and theres no way to play him in B. This team will need an abrasive guy he fits the bill and does a lot more. Dont get me wrong, if Johnson comes back and they decide to go again they will need that elusive D man again! Strong, smart, hard to play against and not afraid to do whatever it takes. Really wish Windsor could find those guys on their own and draft them!

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Imho the only way you cut Jodoin loose is if theres a younger guy with what looks to be huge upside and theres no way to play him in B. This team will need an abrasive guy he fits the bill and does a lot more. Dont get me wrong, if Johnson comes back and they decide to go again they will need that elusive D man again! Strong, smart, hard to play against and not afraid to do whatever it takes. Really wish Windsor could find those guys on their own and draft them!

Winegard

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
This team is far from going for it again. Johnston won’t put up the same numbers this year. Live the kid but I can’t see it.
I think Miedema has a big year ahead for him. I know people were down on him after the playoffs. His numbers match up quite well with Cuylle's rookie year. The larger question is if they can replace Zito, Maggio repeating the prior year. Would help if O'Flaherty can pop in 15 or so.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Lots of questions for sure. If this team gets Johnson and Mags i believe this team is a contender. Far from going for it? Disagree! If Ride can/will play aggressively id love it, not all players have it in them.

Reactions: Section 103
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad