Windsor Spitfires 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
I didn’t love the Ride/OFlaherty trade either but Dionicio is already proving to be an immediate upgrade - and we shifted from 05’s to 04’s. If Castle/Dionicio we’re 03’s I’d hate the trade.

It’s no secret I liked O Flaherty a lot, and so far I’d rather have him over Castle. However, trades aren’t always straight up and if O Flaherty was what tipped the ship to get Dionicio here, the trade would still be worth while.

There’s a lot of questions on the team next year now. OA Status, who moves on, Savard Returning? Ownership changing? New GM? stand/sell… lots to talk about. It’ll be fun as stuff goes on.

However, we’re clearly shooting for a Mem Cup visit right now, and I’m going to do what I can to get wrapped up in these next few months. Who knows the next chance we’ll have this opportunity to be excited about a first place team.

As much as I hate (the idea of) the Knights, I am quite thrilled they’re near the top. It’s such a fun rivalry, and them being right there with us will make it even more interesting.

Time to sit back, stress out over the line juggling and ride the wave. Go Spits Go

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
There’s a lot of questions on the team next year now. OA Status, who moves on, Savard Returning? Ownership changing? New GM? stand/sell… lots to talk about. It’ll be fun as stuff goes on
I don’t think the team can afford to stand and will have to sell to recoup all the picks lost this year. If Bowler still here we will how good he really is with the way he sells to prepare for the rebuild.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Way more to the way the kingston trade developed. Not allowed to comment much. From what i heard BB played some real hardball and london tried to interfere. That cost london some bad blood and kingston another player.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Way more to the way the kingston trade developed. Not allowed to comment much. From what i heard BB played some real hardball and london tried to interfere. That cost london some bad blood and kingston another player.

Bad blood with who? Spits, Fronts, the league? Can't be the Spits if it saved them a player in the deal unless I'm reading it wrong.
Can you say that much?
Good on BB if he got deal cause of LK. Kudos. Gotta play the game n cards you're dealt.

I love the games n the little tidbits we get trying to piece the puzzle together.
His side/her side n the truth in the middle is where it probly is most often.

Last edited:

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
Bad blood with who? Spits, Fronts, the league? Can't be the Spits if it saved them a player in the deal unless I'm reading it wrong.
Can you say that much?
Good on BB if he got deal cause of LK. Kudos. Gotta play the game n cards you're dealt.

I love the games n the little tidbits we get trying to piece the puzzle together.
His side/her side n the truth in the middle is where it probly is most often.
If I had to guess…

London interfering caused Bad Blood with Windsor initially. Billy pulled Christoforo from the deal, which created animosity between Kingston & London.

Teflon… blink twice if I guessed right lol.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
If I had to guess…

London interfering caused Bad Blood with Windsor initially. Billy pulled Christoforo from the deal, which created animosity between Kingston & London.

Teflon… blink twice if I guessed right lol.

I wonder what interfering meant. Gotta be more than offering a deal.
A handful of teams were mentioned as interested than it whittled down to 2 or maybe 3. Who knows who was serious about offering a "real" package but if BB took Chistoforo off the table and still grabbed Wright he should send MH a belated Christmas card for interferring :)

Reactions: Section 103

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Can you say that much?

His side/her side n the truth in the middle is where it probly is most often
Guess it will all come out in the wash after the season. My guess is there are some paybacks owing before next season.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Guess it will all come out in the wash after the season. My guess is there are some paybacks owing before next season.

I thought the same when it first went down.
Esp. with all.the other prices paid this year.
Team will be tough to beat.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Wonder if you'll see a veteran or two head out in return for picks. That gives Kingston a chance to build for their 2024 MC hosting (if they win the bid).

Reactions: rve24

KyGuy9

Sep 7, 2012

I agree. Windsor literally did not have any more (high) picks they were allowed to trade that they could have included in the deal for Kingston. I have a feeling it'll be similar to when they got Bracco from Kitchener using picks lightyears down the line (2023-2025 picks for an early 2017 deal) and then gave up Stanley at a big discount during the offseason in what was pretty clear as the second part of the original deal. I think we'll see some player(s) headed Kingston's way this offseason on the cheap.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I really like Windsor's deadline. I thought Windsor was the best fit for Wright all along, and I think Bowler made some other excellent moves at the deadline. Windsor is my favourite to win the OHL this year. Looking forward to following along from afar (real far).

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
:rolleyes:Awful quiet on here. A few posters sitting this one out?
Coming into this game Spits are 8-2 in their last 10,5-1 since the trades started and 3-0 since the trade deadline ended and Spits acquired the last piece they hope in Shane Wright.
So tonight is the 1st game that Erie will see the 5 new Spitfires the team acquired since these teams last met,which was here 10 games ago.
A game where Windsor won 6-3 and Mathew Maggio scored 5 goalies.
If Michelone dresses and I say if because he played last night vs Leamington in La Salle getting a 3-2 win.
Dont know if Onuska will suit up tonight.
As mentioned Spits winners of 8 of their last 10 outings,Constanzo is 7-0 during this stretch and has won 9 in a row coming into this one.Onuska is 1-2 in the teams last 10.
Will be curious to see if Abraham or Morneau suits up tonight, Abraham has missed the last 18 games and Morneau hurt in the Ist period last game at London and didn't play last 2 periods.

spits

Jul 24, 2013
Sometimes this could be a trap game, with a big win against a rival in the previous game and a huge game against another top team in Barrie after this one. Erie is a poor team but anyone can beat anyone on any given night in this league and have to be ready to play hard.

Looks like another big crowd for this one.

SpitfireHabs1

Dec 3, 2021
Southern Ontario
Any news on Onuska? Is he back now or not this week yet. Wondering if they will roll Constanzo in 3 straight the week as well. Hes played well and has nothing but earned more starts consistently. Hoping we can keep rolling and string more wins together and build that team confidence and chemistry. The "question" for this team all season has been and still is goaltending. That's no knock on how Joey has been performing but everyone knows were loaded offensively and are now very solid defensively, but we have an underperforming OA netminder and a good young goalie which I'm hoping can stay cool calm and collected come playoffs when the games really matter. He should be our starter any questions now should have been put to rest.

As for ther game tonight I am Hoping for a strong effort tonight from all lines as Erie is usually always a tough opponent for us. Going to need to play solid hockey for 60 minutes to get this win to start off another 3 game week.

Cheers Fellas!!🍻👍
Go Spitfires!!🥅🏒

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad