Windsor Spitfires 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Harrison official.

Harrison for...

Osh 2nd 2023
Osh 2nd 2024
Bar 3rd 2024
Sby 3rd 2025
Wsr 3rd 2026
Wsr 5th 2026
I like the Holmes deal a lot. Just the kind of guy I was hoping for. Is it a bit of an overpayment? Probably but unless I’m mistaken he’s got the kind of character that will mesh with this team. As for Harrison I’m really not familiar with him so I’ll leave that for others. Don’t know how many cards are left but can imagine there are a few more moves that will be made. Perhaps a waiver or two.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Looking at the current draft board...

Windsor has Ott 2nd 2023, but then no 2nds until 2026. SSM 3rd in 2023 but then nothing until 2027. No fourth or fifth in 2023, but plenty beyond.
Since we bought this year - we’ll be sellers next year.

Should get those picks back if we trade a good portion of the O/A and Abraham.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
It's the only way you would draw him out of OS and looks like we are all in this year so why not.
You better be getting Kaleb Lawrence back too then.

I suck at goaltending evaluation so can’t comment on his play - but pulling a HL11 if you purely just looked at the numbers they’re not so much better than Matty O.

Go after Cranley if you want a solid O/A goalie and want to pony up assets to do so.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace

I suck at goaltending evaluation so can’t comment on his play - but pulling a HL11 if you purely just looked at the numbers they’re not so much better than Matty O.

Go after Cranley if you want a solid O/A goalie and want to pony up assets to do so.
Yes had a tough year but a new home closer to home and his numbers would be better. I think he has lost interest there. And yes I'm not good at predicting trade value but I see him worth a conversation.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Chenard has played very well against the Spitfires in Windsor. Something like eight goals on 90ish shots?

I do believe that Windsor was in on Wright, but balked at the asking price and did a lateral to Harrison who was believed to be going to London as early as this morning.

Wright to Windsor was being discussed for weeks so this doesn't surprise me. The talk I heard was Miedema + lots of picks. However, Harrison knows some guys on the Spitfires and the price there is reasonable (plus they keep Miedema). Better overall move.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Chenard has played very well against the Spitfires in Windsor. Something like eight goals on 90ish shots?

Wright to Windsor was being discussed for weeks so this doesn't surprise me. The talk I heard was Miedema + lots of picks. However, Harrison knows some guys on the Spitfires and the price there is reasonable (plus they keep Miedema). Better overall move.
Yes he has played very well in front of family at the WFCU.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

lawrence would be worth alot more then that. ride has been shopped already, im not sure if there is alot of interest as of yet.

chenard at one point was a top 5 goalie, he had a 925. he hit the skids the last 10 games. just depends which goalie you think your getting.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I am fine with keeping Onuksa, after all he led the squad to game 7 of the OHL finals. I believe Costanzo will be the number one though, dude has the ability to steal games. If you watched the game in Owen Sound, he won that game for them.

Yes had a tough year but a new home closer to home and his numbers would be better. I think he has lost interest there. And yes I'm not good at predicting trade value but I see him worth a convers

Yes had a tough year but a new home closer to home and his numbers would be better. I think he has lost interest there. And yes I'm not good at predicting trade value but I see him worth a conversation.
His tough year talking Chenard are close to what Onuska did here last season in regular season
Onuska was 3.34,with a save per centage of .882,while Chenard this year is 3.37 but save percentage is 890.
With him from Tecumseh could work here, if Spits are going to keep an OA goalie I would take Chenard.

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022
Big D Holmes with 2 PIMs in 33 games, did I read that correctly? He’s a +9 on a -1 team. Not sure how physical he is as I’m not familiar with the player but certainly appears to be reliable.

Does it make our D as good or better than London? No. Is our G tandem as good or better than London? No. With their recent acquisitions is the F group better? No. And they may get Harrison yet. Just say’in.
Well that didn’t age well. LOL

Reactions: Section 103

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Big D Holmes with 2 PIMs in 33 games, did I read that correctly? He’s a +9 on a -1 team. Not sure how physical he is as I’m not familiar with the player but certainly appears to be reliable.

Well that didn’t age well. LOL
He's not a physical dman by any means. Not his game but wish it was. To be quite honest he didn't play like a top dman on this team. Always making you want more. No NHL contract as yet either and doesn't look like he will be recieving one in the near future. Hopefully he'll slide in on the spits and be a solid piece

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
O'Flaherty, McLlwain, Johnston, Hebek, Jodoin, Morneau all expendable with little impact. Not that they would draw big returns but moving forward next year these are all bodies that should be upgraded. Nothing personal just hockey is also a business. The OA spots open next year will bring back some assets when that is sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad